Last Updated on September 9, 2022 by Ngefechukwu Maduka
On this Collegelearners, you can easily find information on average GRE scores for Canadian Universities, average GRE score for university of Toronto, GRE score for scholarship in Canada, do Canadian universities require GRE for masters, do Canadian universities require GRE for PhD, universities that dont require GRE for masters in Canada, amongst many others.
Required GRE Scores for Canada Colleges- To get admission to top Canadian Colleges/ Universities, you must obtain the required GRE Score or GRE Cut off marks. (GRE) Graduate Record Examination and Test of English speaking ability as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are the most basic exams that need to be cleared by the applicant in order to get admission in the foreign universities. Graduate Records Examinations (GRE) is an important examination that has to be cleared to make it worth it in the education system. It is holding importance for graduate courses in English. On the basis of the scores on the entrance exams that the top universities of the world take the students in different courses on the eligibility and the requirements.
GRE Scores for Canada Colleges Admission is Necessary
GRE scores are the ones which you have to score in order to perform well further. It includes sections like Verbal reasoning, Quantitative reasoning, and Analytical writing.
This is the GRE scores for Canada Colleges or universities which at least you need to grab that same in order to take admission in top Canadian universities.
Applicants must grab a combined score of at least 1100 on the verbal and quantitative sections with the combination of both, and a minimum score of 3.5 out from 6.0 in the analytical writing assessment section.
GRE score for top Canada colleges, majorly used for the admission of master studies especially at the time of doing study in Canada.
canadian universities gRE requirements
GRE Score requirements fall into 3 categories
- Some universities don’t require GRE scores for grad school admission.
- Some Canadian universities require GRE scores, but don’t specify minimum scores
- Some require GRE score and have minimum GRE Scores for admission.
1. Simon Fraser University – GRE Scores
- Computing Science Department – We look at the complete application to get an understanding of the applicants suitability to our program. No single criteria exists that uniquely determines this fact. Hence, even if your test scores don’t perfectly fulfill our requirements, we still consider your application to look for outstanding personalities.
2. McGill University
- Biochemistry: International students who have received their degree outside North America should submit the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), either the General or Subject test in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology. The minimum score is 550. The GRE is not required but is strongly recommended.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering : Applicants who have not completed a degree (undergraduate or graduate) in Canada must provide a GRE score on the General Aptitude Test. Applicants must achieve a combined score of at least 1100 on the verbal and quantitative sections and a minimum score of 3.5/6.0 on the analytical writing assessment section.
- Biotechnology – GRE Scores Not Required
3. University of Saskatchewan
- Computer science – Taking the GRE is not compulsory but GRE results may be submitted with your application. A strong performance on the GRE will enhance your application.
4. University of Toronto
- Rotman Business School – GMAT/GRE Score: A GMAT or GRE score must be submitted. The GMAT range for the 2011 class was 550-780 and the average score was 663.
5. University of Waterloo
- Computer Science, Health Informatics, Pharmacy, Physics, Physics (Nanotechnology), Psychology – Required
6. University of Alberta
- Chemical and Materials – Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- Computer Science – GRE: score of 700 in quantitative portion of the exam and 4.0 on the analytical writing