Best Universities in Canada for distance MCA programs The foreign student programs are becoming very popular in Canada today. There are many students who desire to study in Canadian universities and colleges but they cannot afford the expenses of the traditional education. So these universities provide opportunities for overseas students through distance education. Distance Education means transmission of learning materials like books, videos etc through internet and tele-conferencing to students who are not at the physical location of the university.
If you’ve been thinking about going back to school and getting a degree in computer science, but you’re not sure where to start, we’re here to help. This page explores the details of Best Universities In Canada For Mca Distance Education, master of computer application in canada, distance learning in canada, mca in usa and mca in india.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the computer and information technology field will grow by 13 percent through 2026, adding over half a million jobs. This growth is much faster than the average for all occupations across the board. As technology becomes more and more integrated into everything we do, there will be a growing demand for people who can design, build, solve problems with, and manage computer systems and software programs. Read on to know more about Best Universities In Canada For Mca Distance Education, master of computer application in canada, distance learning in canada, mca in usa and mca in india.
Computer science degrees are one of the most versatile degrees out there—employers in virtually every industry need people with these skills. According to Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce, “There are currently more than 500,000 open computing jobs nationwide — but fewer than 50,000 computer science graduates per year.”
The future of work has lots of room for computer scientists—and if you are considering this rewarding career path, you might be wondering where to start. In this article we’ll look at some of the best universities in California for computer science degrees.
If you are searching for the best universities in California for computer science, then you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you want to pursue a career in software development, data science or cybersecurity, you have plenty of options – especially if you live in California. In fact, California has consistently ranked among the top states in terms of employment opportunities in computer science-related fields.
What’s more, the Golden State is home to quite a few of the best computer science schools in the world. From Stanford University to the University of California-Berkeley, there are plenty of highly-ranked schools where your degree will be valued by employers.
Of course, not all of these schools are created equal, so we’ve compiled this list of the top computer science universities in California based on their reputation, graduation rates and student-to-faculty ratios. We’ve also included information about each school’s programs and what makes them special.
Read on to find out more accurate and precise information about best universities for distance education in canada as well as information about distance education in canada for international students, online courses in canada for international students, best online university canada 2020, online diploma courses in canada for international students In related articles on collegelearners.
Best Universities In Canada For Mca Distance Education
We begin with Best Universities In Canada For Mca Distance Education, then master of computer application in canada, distance learning in canada, mca in usa and mca in india.
TOP MCA Colleges in Canada
Pursuing your master’s degree from a Canadian university ensures world-class education and opens the door to becoming a permanent resident in the country. Almost every university in Canada offers internship programmes to their students doing master’s programmes. Below are the top universities in Canada that offer master’s programmes in Computer Science.
University of British Columbia
The department of Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (UBC) is one of the top Computer Science departments in North America and is recognised internationally for its excellence in research and teaching. Further, UBC has got a PhD programme in Computer Science as well. Hence, those who complete their master’s degree from UBC have the choice to continue their research in the same university. The 2-year master’s programme, MSc Computer Science, may cost CAD 9,131 per year for international students.
University of Waterloo
The University of Waterloo is one of Canada’s top innovation universities, and it’s known for its world-class facilities. Today, it offers more than 190 graduate programmes. The main campus of the University of Waterloo is situated in Ontario. Apart from this, it has three satellite campuses in Canada and 4 affiliated university colleges. The University of Waterloo offers Math in Computer Science, and it costs CAD 7,696 per term (on-campus) for international students.
University of Toronto
The University of Toronto is one of the most prestigious universities in Canada. The Department of Computer Science at the University of Toronto offers both Master of Science and PhD in Computer Science. The curriculum of these programmes includes courses and research conducted under the supervision of faculty members. The MSc in Computer Science fee is $24,500 per year for international students. To reduce the financial burden on international students, the university offers several scholarships.
The School of Computer Science at McGill University is one of Canada’s leading teaching and research centres for Computer Science. McGill University offers MSc and PhD programmes in Computer Science. In the MSc programme, students have thesis and non-thesis options. The annual tuition fee at McGill for MSc in Computer Science stands at around CAD 15,000. To get admission in the MSc Computer Science programme, you should have scored at least 60% in your 4-year undergraduate programme and must have scored a minimum of 300 in GRE. Additionally, a valid TOEFL or IELTS score is also a must.
McMaster University is one of the most popular Canadian universities among international students as it provides an excellent education at affordable fees. The university offers a 2-year thesis-based MSc in Computer Science. The MSc Computer Science programme aims to advance computational theory and practice knowledge of students through intensive research in their chosen area of interest. The tuition fee of MSc Computer Science stands at around CAD 12,500 per year at McMaster University. The minimum entry requirements include a 4-year undergraduate degree, a GRE score above 309, and an IELTS score of 6.5 or above.
University of Calgary
MSc Computer Science offered by the University of Calgary is a 2-year full-time thesis-based programme. The University of Calgary also offers a PhD programme in Computer Science. Hence, after completing their master’s in Computer Science, students can continue their research in the same university if they wish to do so. At the University of Calgary, it costs CAD 8,200 per year for international students to do their thesis-based MSc programme in Computer Science. To get admission to MSc Computer Science, the students must have studied Computer Science at their undergraduate level, and the undergraduate degree must be of 4 years.
master of computer application in canada
Now we consider master of computer application in canada, distance learning in canada, mca in usa and mca in india.
Masters in Computer Science in Canada are of three types- MSc, MACS, and M.Eng. Students can pursue a degree in 1.5- 2 years if enrolled in a full-time program. The cost of pursuing an MS in Computer Science in Canada ranges from 50,000 USD to 62,000 USD. For Indian applicants, this goes to 45.99 lakhs INR. For students one a budget, Canadian universities offer scholarships ranging from 500 USD to 23,000 USD for pursuing MS in CS.
Over 40 universities in Canada offer MS in Computer Science. Computer Science as a subject ranks among the top 10 subjects in Canada, popularly opted by international students. Admission to masters in computer science in Canada requires international applicants must have a competitive GPA, excellent SOP, and 2-3 LORs. GRE scores are an additional requirement posed by some of the top universities offering MS in Computer Science in Canada. According to Maclean’s Canadian Universities’ Rankings, MS in Computer Science in Canada ranks #1 in program and research reputation. Computer Science postgraduates are offered monthly packages as high as 110,000 USD in Canada by companies like Amazon, CGI, Sterling Turner, etc.
Masters in Computer Science in Canada Top Colleges
The following table shows the top 10 Canadian universities that offer Computer Science, along with the number of international students enrolled and the cost of pursuing the program in Canada.
|World Rank||University Name||Program Fees (in INR)||Brochure|
|#26||University of Toronto||40,33,850|
|#46||University of British Columbia||10,75,420|
|#126||University of Alberta||5,18,000|
|#149||University of Waterloo||37,09,935|
|#230||University of Ottawa||16,41,630|
|#298||Simon Fraser University||11,93,650|
The strong presence of international students in these universities suggests that the universities not only make it to the top ranking list but also are popular among international students.
Why Study Masters in Computer Science in Canada?
Some of the key reasons to pursue MS in Computer Science in Canada are listed below for your reference,
- Lower tuition fees and immigration-friendly policies make Canada one of the perfect study destinations for pursuing an MS in computer science.
- In the global peace index, Canada ranks amongst the safest countries in the world.
- Increasing job scope in various profiles of the computer science industry makes pursuing MS in computer science in Canada a lucrative program. As per JobBank Canada, the rise in the number of employees required is discussed below, the data applies for the years 2017-2026
- New job openings of 52,300 are expected for web programmers
- 20,700 new job openings are expected for software engineer
- 10,100 new job opening are expected for computer engineers
- Canada offers some of the top job placements along with lucrative salaries to freshers graduating with an MS in Computer Science in Canada with an average starting salary ranging from INR 17,13,504 annually.
- Students are permitted to work while studying and also they do not require any work permit while staying in Canada unlike other countries.
Such stats and data suggest that pursuing an MS in computer science in Canada will not disappoint an international applicant.
Are you planning to study computer science in Canada? Here are some relevant courses that may interest you!
Key Features of Masters in Computer Science in Canada
Masters in Computer Science ranks among the top 3 in Canada for its wide range of specializations, lower tuition, and better job opportunities. The following section elaborates more upon its features:
- Top 10 popularly opted specializations in Masters in Computer Science are offered in Canada. They are- Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Data Analytics, Robotics, Human-Computer Interaction, etc. Students interested in the data science field can also opt for Masters in Data Science in Canada.
- There are 3 types of Masters of Computer Sciences offered in Canada that can be chosen by students according to their career interests:
- MACS: Master of Applied Computer Sciences, a 16-month research-based course that requires a thesis submission at the end of the course.
- M.Eng: Master of Computer Science and Engineering, is a 16-month professional graduate course.
- MSc: Master of Computer Science, is a 2-year course that requires independent research work from the applicant.
- Computer Science postgraduates are offered a 3 years work extension period through Postgraduate Work Permit Programme (PGWPP) post their study in Canada.
- Around 7 university-specific scholarships and various externally funded scholarships are offered to international Computer Science postgraduates.
Masters in Computer Science in Canada Admissions
Admissions in Canada for international students for master’s degrees usually take place in 3 sessions, that is, Fall, Winter, and Summer. The duration of a full-time Master’s course varies from 16 months to 2 years, which includes coursework of 4 graduate courses.
How to Apply for MS in Computer Science in Canada: Prospective MS Computer Science applicants can apply via the official website of the respective university in Canada. For some universities, applicants can also apply through provincial common application portals, like ApplyAlberta, OUAC, etc.
Masters in Computer Science in Canada Deadline
|University of Toronto||01 Dec 2021 (Closed)|
|University of Waterloo||01 Feb, 2022|
|University of British Columbia||10 Jan, 2022 (Closed)|
|McGill University||01 Mar, 2022|
|University of Alberta||15 Jan, 2022 (Closed)|
|McMaster University||01 Apr, 2022|
|University of Ottawa||30 Apr, 2022|
|Simon Fraser University||01 Feb, 2022|
|Queen’s University||15 Jan, 2022 (Closed)|
|Concordia University||01 Apr, 2022|
Masters in Computer Science in Canada Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the top universities in Canada are more or less common. While the application requirements vary from university to university. To be eligible to pursue a Masters in Computer Science from Canada, international applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- International applicants must have 16 years of education. The break up is 10+2+4, proof of which is mandatory.
- A bachelor’s in computer science from Canada or its equivalent from any other country, undergraduates of other disciplines related to computer science are also eligible to apply
- GPA of 3.25 or above on a 4.0 point scale or a CGPA of 7 to 8 on a scale of 10 is required.* The percentile equivalent of the same is 80-85%.
- Applicant must also have taken the GRE and scores must not be older than 2 years.
- Admission eligibility also depends upon the strong programming skills of the applicant.
Requirements for Masters in Computer Science in Canada
The required documents when international applicants are making applications with universities offering MS in computer science in Canada are listed below. Usually, documents are requested post-admission offer letter is released. The list of documents that must be submitted along with the application are:
- Transcripts of high school and college
- Marksheets and degrees along with the date of conferral
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) or a personal essay of 2 pages, that talks about the career goals, areas of interest for research, and the applicant’s skills and qualifications.
- 2-3 letters of recommendation are mandatory for submission. At least 2 academic recommendations affirm the applicant’s ability to conduct independent research.
- Standardized Test Score of GRE must be officially sent to the respective university.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
English Language Proficiency
|Test Name||Minimum Required Score|
|TOEFL||iBT: 86 | PBT: 575|
|IELTS||6.5 – 7.0|
|PTE||61 – 66|
|MELAB||85% or higher|
The above-mentioned scores are mere approximations, the applicants must check the admission and score requirements before proceeding with the application.
*Note: Some universities also accept CAE/CPE or CanTest/CAEL along with other tests or in lieu of the above-mentioned tests.
Admission Decisions at Canadian Universities: Admission decisions are usually released within 40 days of application submission from Canadian universities for admission to the Masters in Computer Science program. Application evaluations are holistic, this is the reason why admission offers are released within this timeframe.
distance learning in canada
More details coming up on distance learning in canada, mca in usa and mca in india.
Online and distance learning in Canada
If you want a Canadian education, but you’re unable to leave home for all or part of your studies, virtual studies may be the right option for you. Canada’s commitment to innovative and universal education has made us a leader in online learning and distance education. Thanks to technology, international students have never been closer to a Canadian education.
Connect online, anytime
Distance education allows international students like you to gain remote access to our world-class universities and colleges and learn from our renowned academic faculty. Virtual learning gives you the benefit of a Canadian education when you are unable to be physically present in the classroom. It also offers opportunities for flexible learning, often at your own time and pace.
Find online programs in Canada
Many Canadian universities and colleges welcome international students into their online and distance education programs. Search for your academic program to find out whether you can complete part or all of your studies via distance education.
Cost of online and distance education
Fees for online learning vary based on whether the program is part of a college diploma, bachelor’s degree or at the graduate studies level. Costs can also vary depending on the institution and program you choose. Use our search tool to calculate the costs of your distance education program.
Language and academic requirements
You must have good French or English skills before you can participate in a Canadian online program. Language requirements can change depending on the program and the institution. Learn more about the language requirements of your program on the institution’s admissions page.
There may also be some academic or entrance requirements. Check with your chosen college or university to find out more. If you’ve completed part of your studies in your home country, you may be able to transfer credits to an online program at a Canadian institution.
How to enroll
To enroll, complete an application to the university or college you wish to attend as an online or distance student. If you have any questions, contact the international office at the Canadian institution you’re interested in applying to.
mca in usa
The state of California is known to be the most populated state in USA. It also has a large number of immigrants in the country. The MCA is one of the most popular courses among the immigrants and prospective students looking for the best course.
The Master of Computer Applications is a 2-year course meant to provide a practical, theoretical and hands-on approach to the subject of Computer Applications and information systems. This blog will look at the top colleges across the USA offering MCA, what to expect from the course, placements, specializations, etc.
MCA in USA Course Highlights
The courses offered in this field of study are specially designed to meet the growing demand for skilled professionals in the IT industry. Here are the MCA in USA Course highlights for Indian Students.
|Course Name||Masters in Computer Applications (MCA)|
|Type of Degree||Postgraduate|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in BCA or equivalent.|
|Average Fees||$38953 (INR 28,52,598)|
|Average Salarys||$85,000 per year|
List of Courses Offered for MCA in USA
The Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is an advanced computer science course for individuals passionate about the subject. It is an advanced course of study that helps students develop the skills and knowledge necessary for working as a computer programmer. Students who earn an online MCA degree can pursue careers in software development, information technology and systems analysis. The MCA degree is a popular choice for students interested in pursuing a career in computer programming. There are many MCA schools in the United States that help students develop the skills they need to take on various computer programming roles.
Here is the list of MCA Courses in USA for Indian Students:
- Master of Science – Computer Science
- Master of Science – Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Science – Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Science – Scientific Computing
- Master of Science – Electrical Engineering + Computer Networks
- Master of Science – Information Technology
- Master of Science – Computer and Information Technology
- Master of Engineering – Computer Science
- Master of Science – Computer Networking – Network Software Track
- Master of Science – Applied Information Technology
Top MCA Universities in USA
In the United States, there are numerous top-ranked and well-respected universities that offer MCA programmes. Some colleges that offer MCA-equivalent courses, as well as their annual fees, are listed below.
|Universities Name||Location||Course Duration||Annual Tuition Fees|
|Harvard University||New Haven||1 – 2 years||INR 30,83,000|
|Stanford University||California||1 – 2 years||INR 13,21,000|
|MIT||Massachusetts||1 – 2 years||INR 27,73,200|
|University Of Texas||Austin||1 – 2 years||INR 13,03,000|
|Columbia university||New York||1 – 2 years||INR 44,94,000|
|Cornell University||Ithaca||1 – 2 years||INR 21,60,000|
|University Of Michigan||Ann Arbor||1 – 2 years||INR 31,98,000|
|University Of California||Los Angeles||1 – 2 years||INR 23,37,000|
|Yale University||New Haven||1 – 2 years||INR 30,83,000|
|New York University||New York||1 – 2 years||INR 23,55,000|
Eligibility to Study MCA in USA
The MCA eligibility standards in the United States may differ from one university to another. The following are the basic entry requirements that all international students must meet to be admitted to an MCA programme in the United States:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications or Computer Science, or an equivalent course with the minimum needed score, is required of the candidate.
- English Proficiency Proof: For the application process, tests such as IELTS (minimum score of 6.5-7), TOEFL, or PTE are required.
- International admission tests such as the GRE or GMAT may require Indian students. The university determines this.
- Evidence of adequate financial resources to cover tuition and living expenses in the United States.
- Other documents such as a CV, SOPs, LORs, and educational transcripts may be required.
Admission Requirements to Study MCA in USA
The following steps are required for the Indian students seeking MCA Program admission from USA universities.
- Candidates must narrow down their favourite universities and visit their official websites to learn more about the program’s admission requirements.
- After examining the requirements and ensuring that you meet the eligibility criteria for the programme at that respective university, fill out the application form on the university’s official website.
- Upload all of the needed documents listed below and any additional information in compliance with the university’s terms and rules.
- To apply, all candidates must pay the program’s application costs using the website’s payment options. Take your time with this step, as application fees are usually non-refundable.
- Universities take 2 to 3 weeks to update an applicant’s status. Once the candidates have received the offer, they must contact the university. They must apply for a student visa in their respective countries after getting their offer letters from the applicable universities.
Documents Required to Study MCA Course in USA
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or relevant Academic transcripts.
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from previous qualifications are required.
- English Proficiency Test – IELTS, TOEFL, PTE scorecards
- Proof of relevant work experience, if any, and a letter of recommendation.
- Resume, SOP, and research proposal have all been updated.
- Financial evidence
- Passport and passport-sized pictures, as well as valid ID proofs.
- Evidence of international residency is required.
MCA in USA for Indian students Fees
The following are some of the common expenses that all international students must pay in order to complete their pursuit of the MCA degree:
|Type of Expense||Price (INR)|
|Visa Application Cost||6,347 – 38,500|
|IELTS Fees||14,000 – 18,000|
|TOEFL Fees||12,000 – 19,000|
|GRE Fees||14,350 – 17,300|
|Travel Costs||37800 – 1,05,000|
After MCA Which Course is Best in USA
The question of which course is the best after MCA has been around for a while. Here is a compiled list of the top courses you can do after graduating from MCA. These courses are profitable and help you learn new skills that you can use to make yourself more employable. These courses are worthwhile and help you learn new skills that you can use to make yourself more employable.
PhD After MCA in USA
- Computers became famous after they were made available for general use in the 1980s.
- There is scarcely any industry that is not dependent on computers or involves the usage of computers in some way.
- The rapid growth of computers has resulted in a demand for people who can operate and use computers to boost productivity and open doors for corporate innovation.
- Computer courses are offered by many universities and colleges around the world, and a substantial number of students choose to pursue degrees in Computer Science and Applications.
- The maximum time for a PhD after an MCA is 3-5 years, depending on the PhD programme and the university.
- Your preferred specialisation for your PhD and the research dissertation you are working on are two other factors influencing it.
MCA Jobs & Salary in USA
In the United States, the average MCA salary is $85,000 per year or $43.59 per hour. The starting salary for entry-level positions is $47,750 per year, with the most experienced professionals earning $212,500 per year.
|Senior Software Engineer||$81k – $149k||$111,555|
|Software Engineer||$69k – $135k||$97,847|
|Sr. Software Engineer / Developer / Programmer||$78k – $137k||$104,949|
|Lead Software Engineer||$88k – $163k||$121,482|
|Senior Project Manager, IT||$89k – $149k||$118,156|
|Solutions Architect||$78k – $145k||$111,490|
|Senior Systems Analyst||$70k – $131k||$97,545|
|Software Development Manager||$88k – $174k||$129,275|
|Software Developer||$70k – $141k||$101,167|
|Information Technology (IT) Consultant||$65k – $138k||$97,420|
|Technical Architect||$80k – $152k||$113,658|
|Senior Program Manager, IT||$112k – $188k||$151,402|
mca in india
1. Department Of Computer Science, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
The primary aim of this department is to bridge the digital divide and provide opportunities for research, consultancy and development to its students. This institute aims at providing equal opportunities for learning to all and the reservation policy here is also suggestive of the same fact.
Moreover, the department also gives scholarships to deserving candidates. The department was set-up way back in 1980, when the digital revolution had not yet blossomed in the country.
The fee structure here is pretty reasonable with the figures coming somewhere close to Rs 50,000.
2. School Of Computer And Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
One of the cheapest ways to get an MCA degree is to go to the School of Computer and Systems Sciences at the Jawaharlal Nehru University. The fee structure for the entire three-year course stands at a mere Rs 1,500.
This institute has some of the best infrastructure and teaches some of the finest coding techniques.
3. School Of Computer And Information Sciences, University Of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
This institute stands apart from all others in terms of the number and range of electives that it offers to its students. The department is pretty dynamic and the faculty is constantly striving to offer the latest in terms of technology to its students.
Compared to the facilities offered the fee structure here is pretty much justified (it is somewhere close to Rs 3 lakh for the course).
4. National Institute Of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
As with the other two NITs in the list, admission to NIT, Tiruchirapalli, is also based on NIMCET scores. The tuition fee per year in all these three institutes is somewhere around Rs 40,000.
What sets this particular institute above the rest is the fact that it has the most distinguished line of faculty with a vast majority of them having doctoral degrees from coveted institutions across the globe, who engage in postdoctoral research themselves.
5. Birla Institute Of Technology, Mesra
A little on the expensive side in terms of fees – somewhere close to Rs 5 lakh – the cut-off for admission to this college is pretty strict and students who are strong in mathematics and other analytical skills are given preference over the others.
This was one of the first private institutions in the country to offer a master’s degree in computer applications.
If you’re looking to study abroad, there are a number of factors to consider when choosing the best university. These include the programs offered, the location, student life and much more.
But one thing that Canadian universities are known for is their computer science programs. Students who study computer science at a Canadian institution receive a rounded education that prepares them for success in the global workforce.
The University of Toronto offers a Master of Science (MSc) in Computer Science with several research areas including artificial intelligence, systems and networking, graphics and vision, software systems and programming languages. The program requires students to complete five courses and one research project or thesis.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in Computer Science. These programs emphasize coursework in theory and application as well as technical skills such as communication, teamwork, analytical thinking and problem-solving. UBC also offers interdisciplinary studies in Computer Science combined with Arts or Commerce.
McGill’s School of Computer Science offers a Bachelor of Science (BSc) program in which students can complete a double degree in Computer Science and another subject such as Arts or Music.