Last Updated on September 5, 2022 by Smile Ese
The California State University East Bay Softball program took home multiple awards following its 2015 season, including a third place finish in the Division 2 National Championship tournament. The top 12 D2 programs were honored earlier Friday night after the champions were crowned. CSUEB finished its year with a record of 33-21, including an 18-7 conference mark and winning the CCAA regular season title as well as claiming a share of the Shasta District crown.
Collegelearners affords a plethora of information on is cal state east bay a good school, cal state east bay tuition, cal state east bay clubs and so much more. Ensure you peruse through our catalogue for relevant information on similar topics.
California State University East Bay Athletics
The Cal State East Bay Pioneers (also CSU East Bay Pioneers, East Bay Pioneers, and CSUEB Pioneers; formerly Cal State Hayward) are the athletic teams that represent California State University, East Bay, located in Hayward, California, in NCAA Division II intercollegiate sports. The Pioneers compete as members of the California Collegiate Athletic Association for all 15 varsity sports except for women’s water polo, which competes in the Western Water Polo Association.
|Men’s sports||Women’s sports|
|Track and field†||Swimming and diving|
|Track and field†|
|† – Track and field includes both indoor and outdoor.|
Cal State East Bay began Division II competition in 2008 as part of a transition to the NCAA and had previously been a dual member of NCAA Division III and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) with ten sports competing as NCAA Division III independents and five sports in the NAIA’s California Pacific Conference. Historically, Cal State East Bay was a member of Division II from 1961-1998.
From 1961 until their closing in 1993, the Pioneers football team won a total of six conference collegiate championships. Cal State East Bay has produced over 160 All-Americans and has won 77 conference championships in NCAA Divisions II and III, as well as in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. In 1972 and 1981, the women’s outdoor track and field team won national championships. The first was an outright championship, and the second was as a member of the AIAW Division III. In 1979 and 1980 the women’s cross country team won AIAW Division III national championships. In 1988 the women’s soccer team won the NCAA Division II National Championship. In 2008, the women’s water polo team won the Division III National Championship.
The CSU East Bay Pioneers competed in the NCAA Tournament across 12 active sports (6 men’s and 7 women’s) 70 times at the Division II level.NCAA Tournament AppearancesBaseball (3): 1972 • 1977 • 2016
Men’s basketball (5): 1977 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988
Women’s basketball (2): 1989 • 2017
Men’s cross country (1): 1986
Women’s cross country (1): 1983
Men’s golf (1): 2017
Men’s soccer (8): 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1988 • 1989
Women’s soccer (1): 1988
Softball (1): 1992
Women’s swimming and diving (11): 1982 • 1983 • 1985 • 1988 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 2013 • 2014 • 2017 • 2018
Men’s outdoor track and field (23): 1965 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1989 • 1991 • 1992 • 2016
Women’s outdoor track and field (12): 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 2014
Women’s volleyball (1): 2018
Cal State East Bay Majors
UNDERGRADUATE MAJORS BY COLLEGE
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS (CBE)
Business Administration, B.S.
- Accounting Concentration
- Business Economics Concentration
- Entrepreneurship Concentration
- Finance Concentration
- General Management Concentration
- Human Resources Management and Organizational Behavior Concentration
- Information Technology Management Concentration
- Marketing Management Concentration
- Operations and Supply Chain Management Concentration
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND ALLIED STUDIES (CEAS)
Hospitality and Tourism, B.S.
- Event Planning and Management Concentration
- Food & Beverage Concentration
- Lodging, Resort and Club Management Concentration
- Recreation Therapy Concentration
- Sustainability Concentration
- Youth Development Programming Concentration
COLLEGE OF LETTERS, ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (CLASS)
- Archaeology and BiologicalAnthropology Concentration
- Culture, Discourse, and Society Concentration
- Art History and Visual Studies Concentration
- Design Concentration
- Studio Arts Concentration
- 3D Art and Design Concentration
- Fine Arts Practice Concentration
- Graphic Design Concentration
- Illustration Concentration
- Interaction & Game Design Concentration
- Photography Concentration
- Transdisciplinary Arts Concentration
- Video and Animation Concentration
- Communication and Media Studies Concentration
- Multimedia Journalism Concentration
- Strategic Communication Concentration
Criminal Justice, B.S.
- British and American Literature Concentration
- Creative Writing Concentration
- English Language and Literacies Concentration
Environmental Studies, B.A.
Ethnic Studies, B.A.
- American Indian Studies Concentration
- Asian American Studies Concentration
- Black Studies Concentration
- Chicanx and Latinx Studies Concentration
- Comparative Ethnic Studies Concentration
- Regions and Cultures Concentration
- Resources and Sustainability Concentration
- Spatial Techniques Concentration
Global Studies, B.A.
- Migration and Globalization Concentration
- Social Justice and Citizenships Concentration
- Sustainability and Modernization Concentration
Human Development, B.A.
- Adolescent Development Concentration
- Childhood Development Concentration
- Early Childhood Development Online Concentration
cal state east bay tuition
2022-2023 Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
- Graduate Student
Tuition and fees are based on residency status, class level (undergraduate, graduate or credential), and number of enrolled units.
|Undergraduate Tuition and Fees1||$6,995||$6,995||$6,995|
|Books and Supplies||$1,152||$1,152||$1,152|
|Food and Housing2||$11,899||15,402||$17,784|
1 Based on undergraduate 2022-2023 resident tuition and fees for 6.1 or more units and an academic year of two semesters. Other expenses may vary. Amounts are subject to change without advance notice.
2 In accordance with California Assembly Bill 990, CSU East Bay provides the typical market costs of a one bedroom apartment in Hayward area. The room and Board expenses included in the off-campus cost of attendance represent the typical costs students pay when enrolled a CSU East Bay. Actual costs of room and board will vary, including on campus room and board depending on dorm type and meal plan. Many students living off-campus have roommates, which decreases their housing costs. Non-resident Students (U.S. and Foreign)
Nonresident Tuition of $396 is paid on a per unit basis (in addition to basic tuition and system wide fees charged all students) for all campuses. The total nonresident tuition paid per term will be determined by the number of units taken.
Note: Mandatory system wide tuition is waived for those individuals who qualify for such exemption under the provisions of the California Education Code (see section on fee waivers).
is cal state east bay a good school
Ranked as a “Best in the West” college by the Princeton Review for 16 consecutive years, Cal State East Bay is a vital member of the regional community. As an extension of the University, Continuing Education aims to expand the reach of its rich educational resources to adult learners. Serving both locally and abroad, CSUEB Continuing Education meets the academic, professional, creative, and lifelong learning goals of its diverse community. Through collaboration with community, business, government, and constituents, Continuing Education offers programs that expand student access and meet the University’s high standards of scholarship.