Last Updated on July 31, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Get started applying for financial aid. It is recommended you begin this process as early as possible after January 1 for the following fall academic year.
Financial Aid Basic Eligibility
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Be a high school graduate or GED holder
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program–typically at least 16 credits in length. Non-credit Continuing Education courses are not eligible for financial aid
- Have a valid social security number
- Be registered with the Selective Service (males only)
- Be making satisfactory academic progress
- Be attempting no more than 30 remedial credits
|8am – 6pmVirtual only: 6pm – 8pm||8am – 6pmVirtual only: 6pm – 8pm||8am – 4:30pmVirtual only: 4:30pm – 8pm||8am – 4:30pmVirtual only: 4:30pm – 8pm||8am – 12pm|
We are currently working remotely, however, we are still accepting documentation. Most documents can be emailed to [email protected].
Documents that can only be accepted by mail:
- Signature Page
- Tax Transcripts**
**Student and Parent’s tax transcripts can be submitted electronical. Please submit a Verification of Parent 2019 Income Tax or Verification of Student 2019 Income Tax. We cannot accept taxes via email anymore.
Please make sure to include your Century student ID or StarID on all pages of the documents and in the emails.
Completing the FAFSA via the myStudentAid Mobile App
Completing the FAFSA via Mobile App — A How To Guide
wmode=opaque&controls=This is a video that covers the steps a student must go through to complete and submit a FAFSA through the myStudentAid mobile app. We encourage prospective and current college students who need to help in applying for federal financial aid to watch this video.
Fall Semester 2021 & Spring Semester 2022 Tuition Rates and Fees*
$196.89 per credit total, which consists of:
- $176.32 Tuition
- $10.25 Technology Fee
- $0.35 Minnesota State College Student Association (MSCSA) Fee
- $4.67 Student Life Fee
- $1.08 Athletic Fee
- $3.45 Parking Fee
- $0.77 Health Fee
Programs with differential tuition
- Dental Assisting – $202.73 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Dental Hygiene – $202.73 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Nursing – $213.93 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Orthotic or Prosthetic Technology – $202.73 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Clinical Application – $202.73 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Visual Communication Technologies – $187.30 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Autobody – $182.00 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Auto Services – $182.00 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Cosmetology – $182.00 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Emergency Medical Services – $182.00 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer – $182.00 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning – $182.00 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
- Information Telecommunications Technology – $182.00 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
Online Course Tuition
- $189.94 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
Courses with differential tuition
- ART 2032 Digital Photography – $180.97 tuition per credit plus applicable fees
Application fee: $20.00
*Tuition and fees are set by the Minnesota State Board of Trustees. Rates listed are subject to change.
Other Charges and Fees
- Application Fee: $20.00
- File-Search Charge: $25.00 A file-search charge is assessed when outside agencies request copies of students’ file information. Students’ signed release must accompany requests.
- International Student Health Insurance Fee: Contact International Student Services for information.
- NSF Check or Returned Payment Charge: $20.00
- Test-out Fee: $25.00 per credit
- Payment Late Fees: Students with tuition and fees remaining unpaid after the due date are assessed two monthly late fees of $25.00 and a one time administrative fee of $30.00 for placing the student on the college payment plan.
- Transcript Processing Charge: $5.00 for each academic transcript requested for mailing or pickup within three business days. An additional $5.00 is charged for rush/immediate transcript preparation. Rush transcript requests received after the scheduled college mail pick-up will be sent the following day, unless the student elects to pick it up in person.
Senior Citizen Registration Fee
Senior Citizens must be:
- 62 years or older
- a legal resident of Minnesota
If you register before the first day of class, you must pay full tuition and fees. If you register for credit on or after the first day of class, you will be charged $34.82 per credit if space is available or $4.22 per credit to audit the course (plus any special course fees, if applicable).