Last Updated on November 14, 2022 by Fola Shade
If not then don’t worry! You can still achieve your goals, plan your education abroad for 2022 and maybe even get into your dream university. Just research well. And to help you with that research, we are always here for you.
Many of us are not good at taking exams. Some just mess up on ‘the day’ even after a lot of preparation and end up with unsatisfactory scores. So what is the solution now? Repeat SAT/ ACT? Well it is the basic eligibility criteria in order to study overseas especially in the US, isn’t it? That is what is assumed by everyone. But in reality, it is not. There are universities that do not require sat/act scores. In fact, there are some colleges that say an absolute NO to SATs/ ACTs. One such college is Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts. Therefore, if you are worried about how you can study abroad without SAT/ ACT and get into your desired university in Spring/Fall’21 then there is only one answer to it – Test Optional Colleges.
Searching for a place where you can get reliable information on colleges that dont require sat or act in florida? Have you been searching for long without getting reasonable results? Discover colleges that dont require sat or act 2022, what colleges dont require sat or act for class of 2022 & colleges not requiring sat or act for class of 2021 and so on, on College learners so you don’t need to go searching again.
Ohio Colleges for a Low SAT/ACT Score
Sitting for hours in a quiet room answering multiple-choice questions is not most people’s idea of a good time. Test-optional colleges are becoming much more common as coronavirus sweeps the nation, and a lot of colleges recognize this and have created admissions policies for students to attend their institutions without writing these examinations. For students with low scoring SAT/ACT grades, this means a sigh of relief, because most of these colleges will accept essays, portfolios, and other demonstrations of academic potential in place of standardized test scores. Below is a list of some of the top-ranked test-optional schools for students to explore that will open up options for education without the need to write a major exam.
What is Test-Optional College?
Universities that do not require SAT or ACT from international students and grant you an admission are known as Test-Optional colleges. So if you have not given SAT/ ACT, then these colleges are for you. However, if you are already done with taking these exams and have scored poorly then you can just avoid sending your bad test scores to the college during application. Even if you submit your SAT and ACT scores, your application will be evaluated based on your academic profile. Therefore, you really need to have a good GPA throughout your academic life. In case, if you think that GPA is the only thing that the college will be considering while evaluating your profile then you are wrong. There are many other factors which play a vital role in your admission process. Those factors are –
- Letter of Recommendation: Having LORs from your High School teachers, Seniors, or the internships (if any) highly proves to be beneficial that makes your application stand out from the rest. Know more about- How to Draft Letters of Recommendation (LoR).
- Statement of Purpose: SOP is #thefactor that can help you to make it or break it into a college. It is the only thing where you don’t have to depend on others to represent yourself to the admission council. Even if you have a low GPA, you can still get into your dream college through a good SOP. The Statement of Purpose generally defines why you want to attend that college and course, why you are capable enough, and what are your strong zones of interest. So write your SOP such that it gives the admission council insight into who you are and what your passion is. In order to help you write better SOPs, you can check – SOP: Statement Of Purpose
- Essay Prompts: Besides SOP, essay prompts are another factor that can help your profile be more interesting than other applicants. It is a way for the college to evaluate an applicant’s experimental thinking and proficiency. This is where you can portray the essence of ‘You’, things that other parts of the application DON’T cover.
- Extracurricular Activities: Getting involved in various extracurricular activities can help you earn some extra brownie points. It definitely adds value to your application especially when you have not applied for SAT/ ACT.
- Projects/ Internships: Being a part of a few good projects or having some experience in the field for which you are applying for i.e. your Undergrad major is the cherry on the top. Internships – not many students, especially in India, prefer to do it during their High School. So an internship certificate, if you happen to have one then be assured that your application is already way too attractive to the admission council.
Test optional Colleges
Many Ohio colleges are dropping ACT and SAT requirements for admissions this year due to coronavirus
2021 Best Test Optional Colleges in Ohio
Case Western Reserve University
The Ohio State University
Ohio Northern University
College of Wooster
University of Cincinnati
University of Dayton
Bowling Green State University
Kent State University
Union Institute & University
Miami University – Middletown
Some schools offer a test-flexible option that allows students to submit different credentials in place of their SAT scores. Depending on the school, students can submit AP scores or even SAT section scores (in place of the overall mark) for specific programs, while some even waive test scores altogether in favor of a GPA minimum. The qualifications vary from school to school so it is important to research what requirements will be needed for each individual college before submitting an application.Some great options for test-flexible schools are:
- Brandeis University
- Colby College
- Colorado College
- Hamilton College
- Middlebury College
- New York University
Universities That don’t Require SAT/ACT Exams
Planning your undergraduate abroad? Are you prepared for SAT/ ACT exams?
If not then don’t worry! You can still achieve your goals, plan your education abroad for 2021 and maybe even get into your dream university. Just research well. And to help you with that research, we are always here for you.
So this was all about the other factors to be considered while applying to a college. Hence, it depends on you how you represent yourself to the year 2021 admission council of a particular college. Prepare the documents well with guidance from the experts. Check out the Yocket Premium Counselling Services where you can get all the help for your study abroad journey from the very start to the end. Schedule a free 15-minute call with one of our counsellors and know exactly how you can avail the Yocket Premium Counselling Services and make your study abroad journey a cakewalk.