Labor and employment law are highly complex subjects. Understandably, small and large businesses alike can be confused by the end results of a labor dispute. The best way to avoid arriving at that point is to have an understanding of what is in place during employment relationships.
The University of Namibia (UNAM) is the country’s largest and most prestigious higher education institution. It is a multicultural university with students from 41 nations and all continents. Despite being a relatively new university, it already has a student body of about 30,144 students.
Keep reading to see detailed information on diploma in education at unam requirements, certificate courses at unam, unam requirements for education 2022, and education courses at unam.
diploma in labour and employment studies unam
Academic programmes at the University are housed by eight faculties and eight schools:
These committed faculties and competent administrative support staff have earned the University a ranking of being one of the top African Universities. During 2006, UNAM was rated as the best higher education institution in Namibia by the Professional Management Review of South Africa and won a Golden Arrow Award. The previous year a Geneva based Foundation for Excellence in Business Practice nominated UNAM to be the recipient of the Foundation’s Gold Medal for Excellence in Business Practice.
- Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- School of Veterinary
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
- Faculty of Health Sciences:
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Dentistry
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- School of Computing
- School of Military Science
Some Key Facts about UNAM:
- 12 Campuses nationwide and 11 Regional Centres
- 30,144 registered students
- 39,536 graduates
- 45,057 qualifications awarded
- 122 PhD Holders
- 36 Professors
- 288 Lecturers (Master Degree Holders)
- 39 Doctoral Degrees (PhDs) offered
- 63 Master Degrees offered
- 8 Postgraduate Diplomas
- 1 Postgraduate Certificate
- 82 Bachelor Honours offered
- 1 Bachelors
- 33 Diplomas offered
- 4 Certificates offered
unam courses and fees
Tuition and Accommodation Fees
All current and prospective students of the University of Namibia are urged to note the following approved deposit for the 2021 academic year. Compulsory Minimum Payments at 1st Semester Registration (N$)
|Fee||Namibian Students||SADC Students||Non SADC Students|
|1st Semester tuition fees||3 500||5 150||13 800|
|Registration fees||1 670||1 670||1 670|
|Connectivity fees (compulsory all students) (N$500 + N$75 VAT)||575||575||575|
|International Student Levy||0||3 000||3 000|
|Total registration fees payable||5 745||10 395||19 045|
Compulsory Minimum Payments at 2nd Semester Registration (N$)
|DESCRIPTION||Namibian Students||SADC Students||Non SADC Students|
|Total fees payable||3 500||5 150||13 800|
- Registration fees are payable on or before the day of registration of each semester.
- Due date for outstanding fees for semester one (1) is on or before 31 May 2021 and for semester two (2) is on or before 30 November 2021.
- Students should note that they need to register for 2nd Semester modules during the prescribed periods. Registration of 2nd Semester modules are not automatic but needs to be registered after paying the approved deposit as stated above. No year modules will be registered in the 2nd Semester.
Hostel Fees Deposit (per semester)(N$)
|Campus||Namibian Students||SADC Students||Non SADC Students|
|Main/Neudamm/Ogongo/Sam Nujoma (breakfast included)||13 580||13 580||22 440|
|Hifikepunye Pohamba/Khomasdal/Katima Mulilo/Rundu/Southern (breakfast included)||10 430||10 430||16 140|
|Jose Eduardo dos Santos (breakfast included)||17 940||17 940||30 740|
|Health Sciences [North] (breakfast excluded)||9 760||9 760||19 520|
|Hage Geingob [Windhoek] (breakfast excluded)||17 280||17 280||34 560|
- Wear and Tear fees of N$ 975 (non-refundable) is payable before or on day of each semester registration.
- Hostel fees are payable on the day of registration at the beginning of each semester.
Please take note:
- Students are encouraged to sort out their financial enquiries prior to registration.
- Direct bank deposits and electronic transfers should be done 3 – 4 working days before registration date.
- A student number must be used as reference for all direct and electronic deposits.
- Students, who settle their tuition fees before the end of February 2021 qualify for a 10% discount on tuition fees (excl. additional class fees) and should apply in writing on or before 31 May 2021 (1st semester) and 30 September 2021 (2nd semester).
- In order to be exempted from paying the required deposit, bursary holders need to provide written proof of sponsorship/bursary from the sponsor/donor.
- Students registering with a Provisional Award Letter from the Namibia Student Financial Assistant Fund (NSFAF) should pay the registration fee of N$2,245 plus the required deposit for campus accommodation. Kindly note that the Provisional Award Letter is not a guarantee for a loan to be awarded.
- Late registration fee of N$600 is payable by all students who register after normal registration.