Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Acceptance rates are important when applying to colleges/universities. If you plan to apply to florida atlantic university, you should examine their acceptance rates. Below you will find information on their acceptance rates.
Read on to learn about the florida atlantic university acceptance rate, florida state university acceptance rate, florida atlantic university tuition, florida atlantic university gpa requirements and florida atlantic university sat requirements. You will also find related post on florida atlantic university acceptance rate on koboguide.
With an acceptance rate of 60% admissions at Florida Atlantic University are moderately difficult. FAU is a public university reputed for its intensive research work, as established by Carnegie Classification. It has more than 170 degree programs to offer.
Florida Atlantic University has 10 academic colleges through which a number of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs are offered. Most popular programs at Florida Atlantic University by enrollment include Business Administration, Biological Sciences, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Economics, Kinesiology, Engineering, Liberal Arts and Sciences.
FAU enrolled about 25,596 students at its Boca Raton campus last year. Out of these, the international admissions totaled to 1,098 students from over 100 countries. This is approximately 4% of the total intake, making it a favorable place to study in the US. The applications for various courses are reviewed based on the standardized test scores, personal statement, and performance in academics and extracurricular activities.
The quality of the personal essay and admission interview plays a key role in deciding the chances of admission. Here are few keep points related to Florida Atlantic University admissions:
- With an acceptance rate of 63% admissions at Florida Atlantic University are moderately selective. In the year 2020, 18,854 applied to the university, out of which 11,930 were accepted.
- The average high school GPA required for freshmen is 3.74.
- The university admits students for Summer, Fall, and Spring seasons.
- The university encourages students to take standardized tests at least 6 months before the application deadlines.
- University accepts the Duolingo English Test (DET) as proof of English language proficiency.
- The university has 3% international students from more than 80 countries.
- The freshman international application deadline has been extended to May 1.
- The deposit deadline for the international applicants has been extended to June 1.
- University will accept the transcripts directly send by the counselor or uploaded in the common application. Decisions will be based on the provisional basis until you provide Copies of the documents to the university for the time being if the above criteria do not work.
- University now will accept the Duolingo English Test (DET) as proof of English language proficiency.
- If students do not get access to tests like SAT/ACT or GRE/GMAT then students can consider their enrollment in The FAU Global Student Success Program (GSSP). Students can easily complete their academic coursework through GSSP.
- For any query regarding the COVID-19 updates, the student can email to [email protected]
|Application Portal||UG: Florida Atlantic University Application Portal; Common App: Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College only|
PG: Respective Course page
|Application Fee||UG: 35 USD|
PG: 30 to 35 USD
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card|
|Florida Atlantic University SAT Requirements||1040–1240|
|Florida Atlantic University ACT Requirements||21–27|
|Intake Seasons||Summer and Fall|
|Interview Requirements||Depends on course requirements|
|Work Experience||Essential for MBA and LLM aspirants (at least 2 years)|
|Financial Aid||Available for both international and domestic students|
|International Admissions Helpdesk||Undergraduate|
Florida Atlantic University Application Deadline
Given below are the application deadlines for undergraduate courses.
|Type of Admission||Summer||Fall||Spring|
|Freshman||February 15||April 15||June 15|
|Freshman Priority||February 15||February 15||January 15|
|Freshman Early||–||May 1||–|
|International||February 15||April 1||October 1|
The application deadlines for the graduate programs differ from course to course. Thus, applicants are recommended to visit the relevant course page for information.