Last Updated on August 24, 2022 by Smile Ese
Goldey-Beacom College offers associate degree options and bachelor’s degree completion programs to non-traditional students who are over the age of 23, returning to school after a gap, or who need to complete an education for employment.
Collegelearners will provide you with all the relevant information you are looking for on goldey beacom tuition, goldey beacom college gpa requirements, goldey beacom scholarships, and so much more.
Goldey-Beacom College Cpt
What is CPT?
The Curricular Practical Training, i.e., CPT is a compulsory employment program for students on an F1 visa. It is required to complete the degree program, usually consisting of supervised fieldwork. Here is a more thorough post on the details of the CPT that you need to know.
You’re probably here because you want to know what universities in the United States offer the CPT. Some of you might be eager to start working as soon as you arrive in the US, so in this article, you will find a list of the universities that allow students to start a CPT the second they arrive.
Please note that this list is based on the reader’s input and that we are not guaranteeing the accuracy of the information.
For more information about how a university supports the CPT, visit the school’s website and do some in-depth investigation.
No luck finding the information you need?
Send an email or call the school in question to find out if they offer a CPT early on in the semester.
Types of CPT
CPT comes in three distinctions–degree-based, course-based, and cooperative:
Degree based CPT – requires that all students in a degree program complete an internship in order to complete their coursework and receive a degree.
Course-based CPT – offers two routes: students enrolled in a particular course can earn a grade through employment or by designing their own research project based on employment.
Cooperative CPT – may be authorized when employment is part of an established formal co-operative educational agreement between your department and a specific employer.
Day 1 CPT Universities
As with all things in the realms of education and visas, there are rules, practices, and procedures around how CPT may be offered.
- Most universities do not offer or all CPT during the first or second semester of study
- Practical training may be authorized for F1 students who have been enrolled for one academic year
- If the curriculum requires it, an F1 student may be authorized for practical training on day 1
- CPT work authorization must be used for work related to the student’s academic degree
While the above-noted items are general rules for how CPT is applied, some exceptions exist.
- CPT may be offered during the first or second semester if the student’s coursework requires it
- Graduate students may bypass the one academic year requirement for practical training
Personal Loans for International Students!
CPT and Day 1 CPT Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for either form of CPT, you must:
Have a valid F1 visa
- The student’s visa must be properly maintained for each semester
- The student must have chosen a major
- The student must have a specific, major-related internship
- The student must not be a visiting exchange student
- For CPT, the student must have been enrolled for one academic year
- For Day 1 CPT, practical training may begin day one
Be enrolled for course credit
- The student must be enrolled for 1 to 2 units of a major-related internship
- CPT must be an integral part of the student’s course requirements
- The student must have a CPT job offer before submitting a CPT authorization request
List of 15 Universities that offer CPT from Day 1:
The following 15 universities allow F1 students to begin their CPT on — or near — day 1, making them an excellent choice for higher education in the US:
|University Name||City||State||CPT on Day 1?|
|University of the Cumberlands||Williamsburg||Kentucky||Day 1|
|International Technological University||San Jose||California||Day 1|
|United States University||Chula Vista||California||Day 1|
|Campbellsville University||Campbellsville||Kentucky||Day 1|
|Knowledge Systems Institute||St.Skokie||Illinois||Day 1|
|Sullivan University||Louisville & Lexington||Kentucky||After the 1st week|
|Wichita State University||Wichita||Kentucky||After 9 months|
|Globe University/Minnesota School of Business||Woodbury||Minnesota||Day 1|
|New Jersey Institute of Technology||Newark||New Jersey||After 1 year|
|Infoserve Technologies Institute||Flushing||New York||Day 1|
|Harrisburg University of Science and Technology||Harrisburg||Pennsylvania||Day 1|
|Vanderbilt University||Nashville||Tennessee||Day 1|
|Virginia International University||Fairfax||Virginia||Day 1|
|University of North America||Vienna||Virginia||Day 1|
|Stratford University||Falls Church||Virginia||Day 1|
goldey beacom college gpa requirements
Many schools specify a minimum GPA requirement, but this is often just the bare minimum to submit an application without immediately getting rejected.
The GPA requirement that really matters is the GPA you need for a real chance of getting in. For this, we look at the school’s average GPA for its current students.
Average GPA: 2.9
The average GPA at Goldey-Beacom College is 2.9.
(Most schools use a weighted GPA out of 4.0, though some report an unweighted GPA.
With a GPA of 2.9, Goldey-Beacom College accepts students with below-average GPAs. You might have a mix of B’s and C’s in your high school record. It’s best to avoid D’s and F’s, since application readers might question your commitment to studying and ability to succeed in college.
SAT and ACT Requirements
Each school has different requirements for standardized testing. Most schools require the SAT or ACT, and many also require SAT subject tests.
You must take either the SAT or ACT to submit an application to Goldey-Beacom College. More importantly, you need to do well to have a strong application.
SAT/ACT Writing Section Requirements
Both the SAT and ACT have an optional essay section.
Goldey-Beacom College recommends that you take the SAT Essay/ACT Writing section. If you do well, they’ll consider your application to be stronger.
SAT Subject Test Requirements
Schools vary in their SAT subject test requirements. Typically, selective schools tend to require them, while most schools in the country do not.
We did not find information that Goldey-Beacom College requires SAT subject tests, and so most likely it does not. At least 6 months before applying, you should still doublecheck just to make sure, so you have enough time to take the test.
goldey beacom scholarships
At Goldey-Beacom College, we are committed to making quality education affordable for all students.
To review your college scholarship options, contact the Goldey-Beacom College Admissions office at (302) 225-6248.
GBC’s merit scholarships are awarded to full-time students according to the following guidelines:
To learn more about scholarship opportunities sponsored by outside organizations, visit:
GBCs additional scholarships include:
- Goldey-Beacom Academic Recognition Scholarship
- Alumni Association Scholarship
- Bank of America Scholarship
- Carl B. and Josephine M. Baldt
- Citibank USA Scholarship
- J. Bayard Cloud Scholarship
- Cecil Community College Transfer Scholarships for Excellence
- Delaware Technical and Community College Scholarships
- Distinguished Alumni Gallery Scholarship
- W. E. Douglas Scholarship
- James H. Gilliam, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Goldey-Beacom College Institutional Scholarship
- The Goizueta Foundation Scholars Fund
- George D. Hanby Memorial Scholarship
- William Randolph Hearst Foundation Scholarship
- Anne Wright Hirons Scholarship
- DuPont Scholarship
- Dr. Clarence A. Fulmer Scholarship
- The Eleanor R. Hirons Scholarship
- J. Wilbur Hirons Scholarship
- A. Raymond Jackson Scholarships
- Stewart B. Jackson Memorial
- Mark E. Jenkins Memorial Scholarship
- The Della L. Jenness Memorial Book Scholarship
- Joseph West Jones Merit Scholarship
- The Joseph West Jones Scholars Fund
- The Joyce E. Jones Graduate Scholarship
- James Julian Scholarship
- The Khalil-Midan Scholarship
- Milton & Hattie Kutz Foundation Scholarship
- The Life Enrichment Foundation Scholarship
- Esther S. Marshall Scholarship
- The Honorable Joshua W. Martin III Scholarship
- J.P. Morgan/Chase Scholarship
- The Milton R. Olazagasti Memorial Scholarship Fund
- William G. Ott Scholarship
- Pennsylvania Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Scholarship
- Presidential Scholarships for Excellence
- Leonard and Martina Quill Scholarship
- The Marcia V. Raniere Scholarship
- Joseph Runkles Memorial Scholarship
- Nancy C. Sawin Scholarship
- SEED Extension Scholarship
- The Harry Simeone Family Endowed Scholarship
- The Superior Electric Service Company Scholarship
- The Jonathan R. Thompson Scholarship
- V. Edwin Unger Scholarship
- Herman C. and Carrie W. Watson Memorial Scholarship
- The Marna C. Whittington Endowed Scholarship
- Rebecca Abel Willey Scholarship
goldey beacom tuition
We took the next step in our commitment to affordability, and after seven consecutive years of discounting our undergraduate tuition by half or more for every accepted student, we made that low net cost permanent! Beginning in the Fall semester of 2021, Goldey-Beacom undergraduate tuition was cut in half. Our generous merit scholarship offerings will remain available to qualified students to reduce this cost even further, and federal and state financial aid in the form of grants and loans can complete the student aid package for eligible students. At $13,050 per year for the 2022-23 academic year, you will be hard-pressed to find a more affordable option among four-year colleges in the region!
KEEP IN MIND:
- In the Fall of 2021, traditional undergraduate students had 99% of their financial need met
- Goldey-Beacom College is typically the lowest cost for any 4-year private education in Delaware and the surrounding region
|Tuition and Fees – EFFECTIVE FALL 2022|
|INSTALLMENT PLAN FEE||None!|
|UNDERGRADUATE TUITION RATE||$435 per credit hour|
|LATE PAYMENT FEE||$100|
|LATE INSTALLMENT PAYMENT FEE||$100|
|CHECK RETURNED FEE||$30|
|SAM 2016 LICENSE & CERTIFICATION PROGRAM||$75|
|ROOM CHARGE SUMMER 2022||$3,700|
|SUMMER 2022 MEAL PLAN CHARGE||n/a|
|FALL/SPRING 2022- 23 ROOM CHARGE||$8,000|
|FALL/SPRING 2022- 23 MEAL PLAN CHARGE||$3,600|
|SPRING 2023 ONLY ROOM CHARGE||$4,000|
|SPRING 2023 ONLY MEAL PLAN CHARGE||$1,800|
For deposit information please refer to the Student Handbook.
The Late Payment Fee is assessed if the student has not secured their class schedule by making financial arrangements with the College’s Business Office by the end of the drop/add period of each semester/session (excluding one-week seminars). Students can check to see if they have secured their class schedules by selecting ‘Have I Secured My Schedule?’ on the ‘Finances’ tab on Campus Web.
The chart does not include the cost for single rooms as there are limited number of single rooms available. Must have SAO approval.
Meal plans are required for those living on-campus. The minimum required plan is listed in the chart, however there are optional plans that would increase the price of the meal plan.
Rates are subject to change. All amounts are listed in US Dollars.