Most potential osteopathic medical students take a look at the Osteopathic Mercer Ranking to see which schools offer the best programs to earn your degree in Osteopathic Medicine.
Collegelearners will provide you with all the relevant information you are looking for on liberty university college of osteopathic medicine average mcat, new york institute of technology college of osteopathic medicine ranking, touro college of osteopathic medicine ranking, and so much more.
Liberty University College Of Osteopathic Medicine Ranking
DO School Rankings
|Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM)||160|
|Lincoln Memorial University, DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)||368|
|Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)||150|
|Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)||300|
liberty university college of osteopathic medicine average mcat
Here at Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM), we receive thousands of applications, and we offer interviews to the most competitive applicants. Success in medical school is highly dependent on academic ability, but LUCOM also looks for men and women of strong character and motivation.
As an applicant, you should demonstrate a humanitarian, service mentality consistent with the mission LUCOM. This should be demonstrated by your involvement in outreach and service events. And your personal values should be compatible with the Christian mission and environment of Liberty University.
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements below and who demonstrate the ability to advance the mission, vision, and goals of LUCOM will be offered a secondary application. From there, we will determine whether to offer you an interview.
To be considered by LUCOM you must at least have a:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Or, you must have completed no less than 75% of the credits needed for a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Accreditation must be recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- 3.0 GPA and a 3.0 GPA in sciences. LUCOM has a preferred cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher and a preferred science GPA of 3.4 or higher. This reflects greater probability for success in LUCOM and with the national board of examinations.
- 501 on the MCAT. No individual score of less than 123 will be considered for admissions. In very rare circumstances an exception may be made. LUCOM has a preferred MCAT standard of 504 or greater (cumulative) with no individual score of less than 125. Scores must be less than three years old. An average of the highest scores on multiple MCAT examinations will not be considered.
Undergraduate Courses Required for Admission
A “C” and above will be accepted as fulfilling the requirements for a prerequisite course.
- Biochemistry or Cellular Biology: one semester (3-5 semester hours/6-8 quarter hours). Two semesters of biochemistry or completion of both courses is highly recommended.
- Biological Sciences: one year with laboratory (8-10 semester hours/12-15 quarter hours)
- English: two courses (6-10 semester hours/8-15 quarter hours)
- Inorganic Chemistry: one year with laboratory (8-10 semester hours/12-15 quarter hours)
- Organic Chemistry: one year with laboratory (8-10 semester hours/12-15 quarter hours)
- Physics: one semester with laboratory (4-5 semester hours/ 6-10 quarter hours), second semester is recommended
- Four (4) additional science hours are required.
new york institute of technology college of osteopathic medicine ranking
New York Institute of Technology is one of more than 800 institutions with graduate schools surveyed by U.S. News on an annual basis. New York Institute of Technology confers degrees through various schools, such as: the College of Osteopathic Medicine.
New York Institute of Technology is Unranked in Best Medical Schools: Research and Unranked in Best Medical Schools: Primary Care. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
HOW WE RANK SCHOOLS
Medical School Program Rankings
- UnrankedinBest Medical Schools: Research
- UnrankedinBest Medical Schools: Primary Care
Additional Medical School Rankings
- #133inMost Graduates Practicing in Medically Underserved Areas
- #66inMost Graduates Practicing in Primary Care Fields
- #128inMost Graduates Practicing in Rural Areas