Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Campus & Facilities
John Prince’s Street, located north of Oxford Circus, has the main college building. The other locations include 272 High Holborn, 40 Lime Grove in Shepherd’s Bush, 182 Mare Street (originally the Lady Eleanor Holles School until it relocated to Hampton, 100 Curtain Road (Old Street), and Golden Lane in East London (Old Street).
The UK’s largest fashion library and archive, sample and sewing rooms, a 3D modelling room, cosmetic science laboratories, visual merchandising suites, and make-up studios can all be found at the London College of Fashion. The university offers machinery that you won’t find in many other locations, as well as excellent technical experts to explain to you how to utilise it. From the Digital Anthropology Lab working with augmented reality at John Princes Street to the dye and flax garden at Mare Street, this university will ensure you have everything you need.
How Do You Get Into London College of Fashion?
It is entirely dependent on the course for which you are applying. Getting into UAL is a difficult task in general, regardless of whatever college (LCF) you apply to. The institution is Europe’s largest design and specialised university, but that doesn’t mean it can accommodate everyone. The overall acceptance rate for UAL is around 22%.
London College of Fashion Acceptance Rate
The London College of Fashion acceptance rate is 23% for undergraduate and 36% for postgraduate courses.
The university provides international students with a variety of study fashion abroad courses UK abroad programmes and courses, each with its own learning framework to meet a variety of study demands and prepare them for BA or MA programmes. The London College of Fashion also offers preparation courses to international students looking to progress on to a BA or MA.
London College Of Fashion Entry Requirements
The standard entry requirements for this course are as follows:
- 2.1 degree at Undergraduate Level, or equivalent.
- AND 3 years work experience, to include employment, self-employment, internships, work placements in fashion related sector.
AP(E)L – Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning:
Exceptionally applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered. The course team will consider each application that demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might, for example, be demonstrated by:
- Related academic or work experience
- The quality of the personal statement
- A strong academic or other professional reference
Or a combination of these factors.
Each application will be considered on its own merit but cannot guarantee an offer in each case.
Months of entry
The MBA is uniquely focused on the wider fashion sector, enabling participants to broaden their careers beyond their own specific experiences, developing a greater strategic approach, confidence and understanding that can equip them for more senior roles and greater responsibilities.
You will be taught by staff with significant fashion business experience and access to the fashion industry through consultancies and research. LCF maintains close relationships with industry leaders, which underpins the MBA’s curriculum, enabling participants to learn from industry case studies and from sector specialists. This engaging learning experience will provide you with the opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills to succeed in a wide variety of fashion enterprises. During the course you will be able to enhance your evaluative, analytical and problem-solving skills by combining growing theoretical knowledge with applied fashion industry knowledge. The MBA also supports students in building important soft skills relevant to career development, including networking skills, communication skills and resilience.
Information for international students
IELTS level 7.0 or above, with at least 6.0 in reading, writing, listening and speaking (please check our main English language requirements webpage).
Applicants who require a Student Visa must take IELTS Academic for UKVI, or one of the other Secure English Language Tests, approved by the UK government for your UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) application. No other tests can be accepted.
Fees and funding
UK students£27,000International students£27,000
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- MBAFull time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
NameLondon College of FashionEmail[email protected]
How to Apply
- Entry Requirements
- Design Foundation Studies
- Credit transfer – direct entry to Year 2 or 3
- Choose the right course
- Prepare your application
- Submit your application
- Application assessment
- Letter of offer
- Accept your offer
We aim to make your application process as smooth as possible. We’ve answered common questions below, however please get in touch if you have more and we’ll be happy to assist.
The Entry Requirements below are for our full-time undergraduate programmes.
- High School Graduate or an equivalent international foundation course qualification which includes art and design
- English language certificate of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. If you are not a national of a majority English speaking country and haven’t completed a degree in English, you’ll need to provide evidence of your English language ability to study with us. We accept a wide range of other equivalent English language tests, taken within the last two years. English for Design courses are available before and during the course for students who need to improve their English level to study with us.
- Have ability in drawing or illustration or show interest (through interview). For students who are not based in Hanoi, portfolios and interviews can be done via Skype or submitted electronically.
Design Foundation Studies
If you don’t meet our entry requirements, you may be able to apply for a design foundation course to help you gain entry to our undergraduate study. Entry requirements for foundation studies:
- High School Graduate, A-level or equivalent foundation course qualification which includes art and design
- Academic IELTS score 4.5 or equivalent. Students will be required to complete a course of English if their English is under the requirements. Trình độ tiếng Anh IELTS 4.5 hoặc tương đương. Sinh viên sẽ được yêu cầu hoàn tất khóa học tiếng Anh trước khi bắt đầu khóa học chuyên ngành nếu trình độ tiếng Anh chưa đạt ở mức trên.
For part-time study or short courses, please refer to requirements of each individual course.
Credit transfer – direct entry to Year 2 or 3
If you have completed a number of modules from an undergraduate degree, you may be able to enter directly onto the second or third year of an undergraduate degree in the UK.
Choose the right course
Before selecting your course, check entry requirements, fees and refund policy via the application form that can be downloaded here.
If you intend to visit the campus or make a call to the college, arrange an appointment with one of our student service consultants.
Prepare your application
- Application form
- Academic results and educational certificates (certified copies)
- English Language test score if available
- Passport pages or Identity Card with your details
- Work experience reports, if available
A “certified copy” is a copy of the original document signed and dated by the organization that issued the original document, Public Notary, confirming that they have sighted the original.
Submit your application
You can apply online at designstudies.vn. A hard copy is also available from our office. Return both completed applications with certified documents to the college.
Fill out the application form. Make sure you read the instructions carefully, complete all sections. Submit your application online, or with our office, or post to office.
Your application will be assessed. If you meet the requirements, you might be request to:
- Attend an interview
- Take a required test in Drawing & English Language
Letter of offer
You will be notified of the outcome of your application. If successful, you will receive unconditional offer letter.
If you still need to meet some academic or financial requirements, conditional offer will be sent to you. If you meet these, you will have a place.
Accept your offer
If you’ve been successful, you now need to accept your offer so we can hold your place. You’ll need to pay a deposit once all your conditions are met.
If you’re from outside Vietnam, you’ll normally need to apply for a student visa. You can start to apply as long as you’ve met the conditions of your office. The college will send you a Letter of Visa if this is a requirement for your student visa application. When you receive your visa, you can start making travel arrangements, book your flight and inform us for free airport pick-up. Enjoy being a student!