Last Updated on August 16, 2022 by Alvina Ibe
Mansfield University is a public university that was established in 1857 in Mansfield, Pennsylvania. It has a 174-acre campus and a total of 1,599 undergraduate students. The university offers several majors and minors for students to choose from.
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranked Mansfield University above 600.
- US News ranked Mansfield University between 164 and 215 in National Liberal Arts College.
- US News also ranked Mansfield University 12 in Top performers on Social Mobility.
- Niche ranked Mansfield University 486 out of 1,692 in Most Liberal Colleges in America and 445 out of 1,379 in the Safest College Campuses in America.
|Student Retention Rate||72%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
|The annual cost of Attendance||$38,136|
|Admission Helpdesk||(570) 662-4243;|
- Mansfield University was founded in 1857.
- It has a beautiful 174-acre campus.
- Mansfield University pays a lot of attention to its music facilities. They have a 16 workstation music lab, a recording studio known as the Steadman Studios which overlooks the Steadman Theatre, and a Steadman Studios Live Room.
- Mansfield University has other important buildings like Allen Hall, Grant Science Center, Patterson Building, Memorial Hall, etc.
- Mansfield University has 5 residence halls namely Hickory Hall, Oak Hall, Patterson Building, Spruce Hall, and Sycamore Hall.
- The rooms are divided into units like the B unit, C unit, D unit, E unit, and F unit each having their own facilities.
- For dining, Mansfield University has three options, the Jazzman’s Café, Manser Dining Hall, and the MUnchies.
- Mansfield University offers around 28 bachelor degree majors like Communication, Nutrition, Safety Management, etc.
- It has almost 9 associate degree programs Criminal Justice Administration, Liberal Studies, Radiological Technology, etc.
- Mansfield University also offers around 45 minors for students to choose from.
- Mansfield University also has some related academic programs like BS in Fisheries, BS in Geography, BS in Mapping Management, etc.
International students seeking admissions at the University can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application Portal: Official Website of Mansfield University
- Application Fee: USD 25
- Application Requirements-
- Secondary School transcripts
- Students whose official language is not English need to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test (DET).
- TOEFL minimum score: 65 (internet-based exam)
- IELTS minimum score: 5.5
- DET minimum score: 39
Cost Of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance for international students (2019-2020)
|Tuition Fee||USD 11,574|
|Housing Rate||USD 6,600 – USD 9,830|
|Dining Rate||USD 1,900 – USD 3,952|
|Total||USD 20,074- USD 24,996|
Financial Aid For International Students
- Some of the scholarships offered by the Mansfield University are-
- Academic Scholarships
- Marc Mitchell Ravenscroft Scholarship
- Beth DeBouvre Scholarship (for female); and many more.
- Mansfield University also offers scholarships for specific courses like MoneyKey Thinkers Scholarship and Summit Shah Scholarship for Graphic Design, Achieve TMS Mental Health Scholarship for Psychology, etc.
Other Sources of Funding
Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- Mansfield University offers a lot of benefits for its alumni and hosts several events for its alumni.
- Some of the notable alumni include Ali Soufan (Lebanese-American former FBI agent), William Alexis Stone (22nd Governor of Pennsylvania), etc.
Support for Remote Learners
Students who need remote support should review the Learning Center tutoring, writing tutoring, and Peer Research Consultant offerings on the Tutoring and Related Peer Education Services webpage. If individual appointments are available for the requested support area, students can sign up for appointments by clicking the “Schedule Appt.” link below the peer educators name. During the appointment scheduling process, students will be required to indicate whether they prefer a face-to-face or Zoom session. All individual, pre-scheduled appointments with Learning Center services can be conducted remotely via Zoom.
Mansfield University Faculty teaching online courses are encouraged to contact the Learning Center.
To be considered for freshman admission, students must submit the following:
- Complete undergraduate online application for admission
- Official high school transcript or results from the General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Mansfield University is now test-optional for applicants seeking admission. Students will be guaranteed admission to Mansfield University if they achieve a high school GPA of 3.2 or greater at the end of their junior year. Applications that do not meet the guaranteed admissions criteria above will be evaluated on an individual basis. The admissions office may request additional information to support the application.
Students who completed a standardized test (such as the SAT or ACT) and would like to submit those scores for consideration may still do so. Scores submitted to the admissions office will be used as part of the application review process.
Certain academic programs require individual review of applications and are not included in the guaranteed admission process. These select programs include:• AAS Radiologic Technology• BS Biology• BS Chemistry• BS Geosciences• BS Mathematics• BS Nutrition• BS Respiratory Care• BSN Nursing
In addition, although we are test optional for admission, standardized test scores may be required when applying for certain scholarships.
For more information on test optional, please contact the Admissions Office at 570-662-4243 or [email protected]
Our admission counseling team will evaluate each student’s in-class performance and extracurricular involvement, considering the following components:
- Strength of Curriculum
- High School Class Rank
- Grade Point Average
- High School Profile
- SAT or ACT Test Score
- Extra-Curricular Activities
Mansfield University maintains a rolling admission policy, but encourages students to apply early. We recommend that fall semester applicants apply for admission prior to Thanksgiving of their senior year in high school.
Note: SAT and/or ACT score(s) are not required if you are 21 years of age or older, or are a minimum of two years removed from high school.
Test Scores and GPA: Average Student Profile
Average SAT Score Total: 1040
Average Cumulative High School GPA: 3.37
*The Mansfield University Office of Admissions will conduct a holistic review of every student’s application materials. While these numbers reflect our average student profile, we encourage students to speak with their personal admissions counselor about specific requirements for their program of interest.
Some departments, including Nursing, Radiology, and Respiratory Care, require students to meet additional, major-specific admission requirements. Please see the Mansfield University Undergraduate Catalog for more details regarding specific requirements for your program of interest.
Music Students are required to successfully complete an audition with the Music Department in order to be accepted into a Music program. Once you have submitted your admission application to the University, please submit your application to schedule an audition. Please visit our Music Department webpage for further information regarding audition requirements and audition dates.
We accept high school courses completed under the National Advanced Placement (AP) program prior to admission to the University. A minimum score of three (3) on the qualifying examinations is required for award of credit. No more than 24 credits earned by such examinations may be applied toward graduation requirements.
International Baccalaureate Program (IB):
The International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) collaborates with secondary schools around the world on programs for students ages 16 through 19. The two-year comprehensive curriculum allows participating students and IB graduates to fulfill requirements of various national education systems. In addition to applied academics, the IB program works with students to develop responsible citizenship, leadership skills, and cultural sensitivity.
IB students entering Mansfield University may receive 6-8 credits for each higher level IB examination completed with a score of 4-7. Credits are awarded for higher-level subjects. No credit is awarded for subsidiary-level subjects.
For more information regarding IB credits, please contact our Transcript Evaluator, Amy Smith, at 570-662-4408.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
We participate in the national College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Mansfield University grants credit for CLEP SUBJECT examinations, but does not grant credit for the CLEP GENERAL examination. Subject examinations are available in the areas of business, composition, education, foreign languages, humanities, mathematics, science, and social science.
CLEP offers a way to earn college credits for prior learning and may shorten the length of the college experience. The minimum score to earn credit is 50. Information regarding CLEP examinations is available from the Registrar’s Office.
See into Your College Future with Mansfield University’s ESP!
What is ESP?
Mansfield’s ESP (Early Start Program) allows qualified high school students to take Mansfield University courses – in online, hybrid, or face-to-face formats – and earn college credits while still enrolled in high school.
Tuition Free for PA Resident Students Enrolled in a Public School District or PA Charter School!
Mansfield University is pleased to announce that its rapidly growing Early Start Program will be tuition free for Pennsylvania residents enrolled in a PA public school district or PA charter school beginning in Fall 2021, thanks to the generous contributions of two area community partners: First Citizens Community Bank and Citizens and Northern (C&N) Bank. PA students not enrolled in a PA public school district or PA charter school pay a significantly reduced tuition rate of just $50 per credit. Students in New York will continue to pay a significantly reduced tuition rate of just $60 per credit. Please note: During our summer sessions, all PA students pay the $50 per credit rate and New York students pay the $60 per credit rate.
Automatic Admission to the University!
Beginning with the Fall 2021 semester, high school seniors who enroll in Mansfield’s Early Start Program and successfully complete a course during the Fall or Spring semester of their senior year will be automatically admitted to the university. Please note, however, that students are not guaranteed admission to a specific degree program, since certain programs may require that the student meet additional criteria for program admission.
How Do I Pay?
As noted above, beginning in Fall 2021, PA resident students enrolled in a public school district or PA charter school will have their tuition subsidized by external funding and so will not be charged for tuition. Otherwise, students enrolled in the Early Start Program can pay for their course online through Student Self Service (login required) >> Student Finance >> Make a Payment. Additional options include pay by phone at 570-662-4888 (leave a message) or by mailing a check payable to Mansfield University to:
224 South Hall
71 S. Academy Street
Mansfield, PA 16933
Participating Public School Districts and Private School Partners:
- Abington Heights
- Athens Area*
- Austin Area
- Bangor Area
- Benton Area
- Cameron County
- Canton Area
- Central York
- Christian School Association of Greater Harrisburg
- City of York
- Conewago Valley
- Corning-Painted Post Area
- Coudersport Area
- Dover Area
- East Lycoming
- Eastern Lancaster County
- Eastern York
- Galeton Area
Mannheim University of Applied Sciences is a well-known institution, having been founded in 1877. The school offers a range of accredited degrees and has an excellent reputation for preparing students for professional careers.
The university is located in the city of Mannheim, which sits right on the Rhine River. It’s just a few minutes away from Heidelberg and Ludwigshafen—both major cities with all kinds of fun things to do and see. Mannheim itself has some great shopping districts, parks, and lots of little cafes where you can have breakfast or an after-dinner drink (or both).
If you’re planning to travel during your stay at MANNHEIM UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES – INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAMS (MAA), here are some of our favorite spots:
- The Schönau Abbey Ruins—Take a walk through this historic place dating back to 1268 and see what remains from its heyday as one of Europe’s most important monasteries!
- Botanical Gardens & Arboretum—Stroll through more than 1,200 acres filled with thousands upon thousands of different plant species! This garden is open year round so if it happens to be cold outside when you visit Germany be sure not forget about checking out these gardens!
Tuition at Mannheim University of Applied Sciences is affordable, especially when you consider that international students pay less than half the cost of domestic students. If you’re an international student on a scholarship and a citizen of a developing country, your tuition will be even lower!
Mannheim University of Applied Sciences is accredited by the German Council of Science and Humanities, a government agency that oversees the quality of all public and private higher education institutions in Germany. The university is also a member of the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK), an association that represents 127 universities in Germany. In addition to these affiliations, Mannheim University of Applied Sciences has been recognized as one of Europe’s most attractive universities for international students by the renowned Times Higher Education magazine.
At Mannheim University of Applied Sciences, you’ll find a wide range of courses including Engineering, IT and Business. In addition to their Bachelor programs, the university offers over 50 Masters programs.
The ranking is based on the number of students that graduate from the university and their academic performance.
Mannheim University of Applied Sciences is a great option for any student looking to pursue an accredited degree.
A great option for any student looking to pursue an accredited degree, Mannheim University of Applied Sciences is a school that offers affordable tuition fees and a high-quality education. The university’s reputation is strong and its courses are available in many different fields. The ranking is also good, according to several ranking systems used by the German government.
Mannheim University of Applied Sciences is a great option for any student looking to pursue an accredited degree. The school offers a wide range of courses and programs, as well as a variety of degrees in business, engineering and science fields. If you’re interested in applying for admission at MANNHEIMUAS (as we call it), then keep reading because we’ve got everything covered!