Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
The Marywood University is a Private Catholic University located in Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States.Marywood University has 3 degree-granting colleges that offer programs at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels. The University is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Every year, the university serves around 3,000 students.
The university follows a semester-based academic calendar with intakes in Fall and Spring. 75% of the first-time students receive scholarships that cover more than half of their tuition cost. The University has maintained excellent placement rates in recent years close to 100%. Marywood University is a renowned institution of the U.S. Education System known for being sustainability-conscious with a collection of more than 100 types of trees.
|M.A Studio Art (Clay, Sculpture, Painting, Photography, Printmaking)||Fall (1st Jul 2022)Spring (15th Nov 2021)Summer (30th Apr 2022)||₹18 L/Yr$24,000 /Yr|
|M.S Management Information Systems||Fall (1st Jul 2022)Spring (15th Nov 2021)Summer (30th Apr 2022)||₹18 L/Yr$24,000 /Yr|
|B.A Advertising and Public Relations||Fall (1st Jul 2022)Spring (15th Nov 2021)||₹24.8 L/Yr$33,160 /Yr|
|B.A/B.Sc Nursing||Fall (1st Jul 2022)Spring (15th Nov 2021)||₹24.8 L/Yr|
2021 Tuition, Fees, and Living Costs Analysis
UndergraduateGraduatePer Credit HourEarning After GraduationFor the academic year 2020-2021, the undergraduate tuition & fees at Marywood University is $36,928.The undergraduate estimated tuition & fees for academic year 2021-2022 is $37,981.The 2021 undergraduate tuition has been risen by 2.85% from the previous year. On-campus living costs increased by 1.75% from the previous year. Off-campus living costs increased by 4.17% from the previous year. Its undergraduate tuition and fees are a little bit higher than the average amount of similar schools’ tuition ($32,935 – Private (not-for-profit) Master’s College and University (larger programs)).
|Year||Tuition & Fees||On Campus Room & Board, Other Expenses|
|Change % 2020-2021||2.85%||1.75%|
How Much is the tuition for 4 years at Marywood University?
For the students who were admitted in Fall 2021, the estimated tuition for 4 years is $155,335.The estimation excludes the book, supplies, and living costs before receiving any financial aid. See the other tabs for estimating 4-year total costs of attendance and after financial aid. The next table shows the estimated 4-years tuition & fees for the next 5 admission years. The estimation is based on 4-years changes in tuition & fees at the school.
|Admission Year||Freshmen||Sophomore||Junior||Senior||4 Years Total|
|Class of 2025||Fall 2021||$37,675||$38,437||$39,215||$40,008||$155,335|
|Class of 2026||Fall 2022||$38,437||$39,215||$40,008||$40,817||$158,477|
|Class of 2027||Fall 2023||$39,215||$40,008||$40,817||$41,643||$161,683|
|Class of 2028||Fall 2024||$40,008||$40,817||$41,643||$42,485||$164,953|
|Class of 2029||Fall 2025||$40,817||$41,643||$42,485||$43,345||$168,290|
What is a Physician Assistant?
A Physician Assistant is a highly trained medical professional who works collaboratively with physicians to provide high-quality care to patients. PAs diagnose illness, order diagnostic studies including laboratory studies and x-rays, create treatment plans, prescribe medications, perform medical procedures, and assist in surgery. PAs practice in every state and in every medical setting and specialty, improving healthcare access and quality.
PA Program Overview
The Master of Physician Assistant Studies program is 24 months in duration and begins in May.
- Didactic Year: The first 12 months are didactic and include classroom and laboratory work in basic and applied medical science. Typical classes are Monday through Friday and include 40 hours of coursework per week.
- Clinical Year: The final 12 months are clinical and include ten 5-week rotations. Students return to Marywood at the end of every 5-week rotation to participate in End-of-Rotation examinations, lectures geared toward PANCE review, and professional development activities.
Please note: Those students interested in the Pre-Physician Assistant/Pre-Professional phase of the program should contact the Science Department.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Marywood University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Marywood University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be March 2026. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.
Financing Your Marywood Education
During the admissions application process prior to an admissions decision, you will need to do the following:
- Visit the Graduate Financial Aid to choose the aid programs appropriate for you. Complete the applications for the Marywood financial aid programs you have selected.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All applicants are strongly encouraged to complete this process, although it is not necessary for merit-based aid.
- Federal Direct Student Loan: Complete a Fall/Spring Federal Direct Student Loan Request Information form.
PA Program: Tuition & Fees
Tuition for the graduate Physician Assistant Program is $1030.00 per credit
The program is 89 credits total.
|Tuition and Additional Costs|
|Two-Year Graduate Tuition||$91,670|
|Required Medical Equipment||$500-$800|
|AAPA Membership (2 years)||$75|
|PSPA Membership (2 years)||$50|
|Immunizations/Titers/PPD||Varies by insurance|
|Complete Anatomy Subscription||$20|
|White Coat/Nametag/MU Patch||$40-$60|
|FBI Criminal Background CheckPA Child Abuse ClearanceDrug Screening||$180-$200 for clearances (performed yearly)|
General Admissions Information
- Marywood Pre-PA students
- Please see Pre-PA/Internal Application Materials (For Marywood students only)
- Marywood Eligibility students: students who have earned a Bachelor’s degree from another institution and are now taking prerequisite courses at Marywood.
- Please see Pre-PA/Internal Application Materials (For Marywood students only)
- For more information on the PA Eligibility track, contact Graduate Admissions.
- Students who have earned a Bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation
- Please apply via the Centralized Application System for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
Incoming Student Profiles at a Glance
- General Biology I with Lab
- General Biology II with Lab
- General Chemistry I with Lab
- General Chemistry II with Lab
- Anatomy with Lab*
- Physiology with Lab*
- Organic Chemistry I with Lab
- Organic Chemistry II with Lab
- Microbiology with Lab
- Immunology with Lab**
GPA and Grade Requirement
- Overall (Baccalaureate) GPA of 3.0 or better on a scale of 4.0
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or better on a scale of 4.0
- Applicants must achieve a minimum of C on all prerequisite courses. Any grades of C- or lower will not be accepted.
Psy.D., Clinical Psychology
Marywood University’s APA-accredited* doctoral program in clinical psychology prepares students to provide evidence-based and culturally-sensitive clinical services to diverse populations. Students develop competencies in nine areas, including: research, ethical and legal standards, individual and cultural diversity, professional values and attitudes, communication and interpersonal skills, assessment, intervention, supervision, and consultation and interprofessional/interdisciplinary skills.
- To provide students with foundational knowledge of the field of psychology in general and clinical psychology in particular.
- To help students advance from novice to the early stages of competent clinician status in: research; ethics; individual and cultural diversity; professional values, attitudes, and behaviors; communication and interpersonal skills; assessment; intervention; supervision; and, consultation and interprofessional/interpersonal skills.
- To teach students to view themselves as being life-long learners while also giving them the skills necessary to be critical and sophisticated consumers of research so that they may be able to independently and effectively apply future developments in the field to clinical practice.
Graduates of Marywood’s Psy.D. program are employed across a wide variety of settings. The majority of our students have their own independent practice or are employed in medical centers, typically within the VA system, university counseling centers, or community mental health centers. Other settings include correctional facilities/forensics, psychiatric facilities, military, and academia.
*American Psychological Association
For further information about the accreditation of this program, contact the APA office of Program Consultation and Accreditation, American Psychological Association, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242, Phone: 202-336-5979.