Last Updated on August 16, 2022 by Alvina Ibe
Find out everything you need to know about massachusetts institute of technology fees in the following article. The internet has lots of random stuff, as well as some stuff that is not always trustworthy.
Here you will find the latest information on massachusetts institute of technology fees, mit tuition fees for international students, massachusetts institute of technology fees for international students, massachusetts institute of technology courses, mit tuition fees for international students graduate and mit fee structure. You will also find related posts on massachusetts institute of technology fees on collegelearners.
Located in Cambridge, United States, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is a public institution founded in 1861. With more than 54 majors, 58 minors, and a pirate certificate to choose from, the institution ensures that its students never run out of options. If you wish to study at MIT, admissions in Massachusetts Institue of Technology are offered in several intakes and observe a priority and final deadline of November 1 and January 6, respectively. Applications can cost anywhere from $75 to $250 (~5,500 to 18,300 INR). Massachusetts Institute of Technology fees for an Indian student is around 53.68 lakhs (average), getting scholarships to study at MIT is crucial for those on a budget.
The organization is one of the most highly selective institutes with an acceptance rate of hardly 7%. You will be required to send in your documents only after receiving an acceptance letter. But though the enrollment at MIT could be strenuous for many, its high graduate employment rate of over 80% makes it a worthwhile pursuit with lucrative jobs. MIT alumni have launched over 30,000 active companies through the close association of industry and research. Around 4.6 million jobs are created through these and roughly $1.9 trillion in annual revenue is generated. Hence, graduates would be equivalent to the 10th-largest economy in the world.
Top Courses in Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|Programs||Fees Per Annum||Deadlines|
|M.B.A||$1,36,135||April 12, 2021|
Decision by May 20
|Master Business Analytics||$65,740||Currently Closed (Jan 7)|
|B.Sc Aerospace Engineering||$51,520||Nov 1 (early)|
Jan 1 (regular)
|B.Sc Computer Science, Economics, Data Science||$51,520||Nov 1 (early)|
Jan 1 (regular)
|B.Sc Chemical Engineering||$51,520||Nov 1 (early)|
Jan 1 (regular)
|Bachelors in Economics||$51,520||Nov 1 (early)|
Jan 1 (regular)
|M.Sc Mechanical Engineering||$46,930||Currently Closed (Dec 15)|
|M.Eng Computer Science and Molecular Biology||$53,450||December 15|
|M.Fin||$74,551||Currently Closed (Jan 5)|
|M.Sc Civil and Environmental Engineering||$53,450||Currently Closed (Dec 1)|
|Executive M.B.A||$77,168||May 6, 2021|
|M.ASc Supply Chain Management||$53,450||June 21, 2021|
|B.Sc Mathematics||$51,520||Nov 1 (early)|
Jan 1 (regular)
|B.Sc Mechanical and Ocean Engineering||$51,520||Nov 1 (early)|
Jan 1 (regular)
The institute also provides endless options for executives, entrepreneurs, and technical professionals looking to start afresh and learn some online or on-campus programs in their free time. The programs offered at MIT are based on real-world problems and solutions and can range in their duration from 2 days to 20 months.
The schools that form MIT are namely, School of Architecture and Planning, School of Engineering, School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, MIT Sloan School of Management, School of Science, and MIT Schwarzman College of Computing. Some of the most popular majors provided by the institution along with their QS 2020 rankings are as follows:
- Engineering: #1
- Computer and Information Sciences: #1
- Mathematics and Statistics: #1
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences: #6
- Physical Sciences: #1
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Rankings
MIT Rankings by various agencies for the previous years have continuously honored the institution among the top five across the world.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology/MIT was ranked #1 by QS World Rankings, 2021.
- The institute ranked as #4 in the category of National Universities and 5th best value school in a recent survey conducted by US News 2021. (tie)
- It was also honored at #30 in the Best Undergraduate Teaching category as per the same survey results, 2020.
- The institution has also managed to bag the position 5th in the World University Rankings, 2021 by Times higher education.
|Rank||3rd in National Universities (US News, 2020)|
|Acceptance Rate||Nearly 7%|
|Application Fee||75 USD to 250 USD|
|English Language Proficiency Tests||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid for International Students||Available as Scholarships, Grants, and Awards (up to 60%)|
|Work-Study||Available on campus|
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Campuses & Accommodation
The institute is composed of one lush campus spread in a vast land of 166 acres at Cambridge, MIT that accommodates nearly 11,466 students and 12,607 employees.
The University campus also has a Department of Athletics, Physical and Recreation that offers an endless number of sports alternatives for students and encourages the spirit of healthy competition amongst the students. Candidates have the option of enrolling in some 33 sports that are available for both men and women equally.
With over 500 student clubs and diverse alternatives for exploring interests in the field of extracurricular activities like music, dance, and theatre, the institute provides it all for its aspirants. The campus also offers a range of delicacies for its students across its 5 dining halls and around 20 retail eateries to choose from.https://collegedunia.com/usa/college/1087-massachusetts-institute-of-technology-cambridge
There are both on-campus as well as off-campus housing options available at the university. The details of the same are as follows:
- MIT offers on-campus housing facilities and assistance in finding off-campus housing to its students.
- Presently, its 10 undergraduate houses and 6 graduate houses welcome some 3,370 and 400 students, respectively, on campus.
- MIT USA guarantees accommodation to first-year applicants in its 10 diverse halls.
- Over 70% of its first-year students prefer to live on campus to ensure convenience, safety, and an enriching learning environment.
- Candidates opting for on-campus accommodation can always seek out the help of resident advisors and faculty housemasters in case of need.
- The institute understands that some of its students prefer their private space and thus look out for a place off-campus but within close proximity to the campus.
- For this very reason, it brings to the aid of its students an off-campus housing service that provides all the help needed while looking out for a home off-campus.
- The available options include studios, condos, and apartment-style living that cost somewhere between 2,660 to 5,600 USD, per unit.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Admission Process
Find out details of admission to MIT, here
While deadlines for various courses offered by MIT vary, some common deadlines are as mentioned below.
|Type of Deadline||Date|
|Early decision||November 1|
Note that students enrolled in early action will receive admission decisions by mid-December whereas enrolling later than that will have to wait till mid-March.
How to apply?
Application Portal: Apply online at the official website of MIT.
Application Fee: for undergraduate/graduate students: 75 USD except for MIT Sloan School of Management: 250 USD.
- Test score: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for Graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL/IELTS(applicable only for graduate students)
- CV or Resume
- Letters of recommendation
- A statement of objective
Applicants must note that all the mandatory documents to be submitted during admissions shall be mailed to MIT Undergraduate Admissions Processing Center, P.O. Box 404, Randolph, MA 02368.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cost of Attendance
If you’re a prospective student of the institute, the below-mentioned estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US might be of help to you. Note that the expenses compiled below are for the upcoming academic year and are subject to change.
|Type of Expenditure||Cost (In USD, per year)|
|Student life fee||$312|
|Books & Supplies||$800|
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Scholarships
The institute offers various scholarships for international students to study in the USA. 91% of students at MIT receive some form of financial aid from the institute. The amount of grant provided can range from 3000 USD to a full scholarship.
- 72% of undergraduate students are debt-free after completing their education at MIT
- The average need-based scholarship granted is 45,524.
- Students coming from families with annual income below 90,000 USD do not have to pay tuition fees.
- Graduate students receive fellowships and stipends during the program duration. The amount of stipend can be up to 4000 USD, per month.
How and When to Apply?
Financial aid is processed by the Office of Student Financial Service. One must apply by –
November 30 to receive financial aid by mid-January and February 15 to receive financial aid by mid-March
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Placements
MIT tops the graduate employability rankings by QS’2021 consecutively for the second year. As per Financial Times (2020), MBA graduates received a hike of around 119% and the weighted salary of alumni was around 197,177 USD. Some of the other highest-paid degrees are as follows:
- Masters in Management: $194,000
- PhD: $174,000
- MSc: $149,000
- MBA: $190,000
Some of the top recruiters are Amazon, Amgen, Bain & Company, The Blackstone Group, Facebook, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Nike, NextEra Energy, PWC, SpaceX, StubHub, Sumo Logic, etc.
|MBA Jobs in the USA||MS in the USA|
The alumni community of MIT has around 85 Nobel laureates, 29 National Medal of Technology and Innovation winners, 58 National medals of science winners, and notable names like Will Smith, Kofi Anan (Former UN secretary-general), Benjamin Netanyahu (Israeli PM), Buzz Aldrin (apollo 11 astronaut), Amar Bose (owner Bose music accessories), and many more. The total alumni community members are over 139,000.
Living the spirit of its motto “Mens et Manus” or “Mind and Hand” since its establishment, the institution offers a plethora of courses at undergraduate and graduate levels making it one of the renowned names in the US Education System. Having some 95 Nobel laureates and 59 National Medal of Science winners as its primary community members, MIT turns no leaves unturned to guarantee quality education for its students which makes it a coveted choice for international students to study in the USA.