Masters in Business Analytics (MBA) is the top choice for those who want to pursue a career in the field of business analytics. The program provides one with the necessary knowledge and skills that can help them do an effective job in the field. It is an advanced degree without GMAT requirement.
This course offers a mastery of business analytics techniques and tools, with no GMAT requirement. It provides the ability to create the foundation for any career on Wall Street, in consulting, or within corporations using data-driven decision making. Using analytics not only offers you an advantage over your peers on the job market, but makes you a highly employable candidate.
Right here on Collegelearners, you can rest assured to obtain all the relevant information you need on top 10 universities for MS in business analytics, top universities for business analytics in UK, masters in business analytics ranking, masters in business analytics Canada, and so much more. Be sure to visit our catalog for more information on similar topics.
master’s in business analytics online
The job market is in need of more data analysts. As technological advancement continues to evolve and become a prominent factor in many processes the need for technical experts is increasing.
Any major industry requires data and collects data and they need people to interpret this. It is the data analyst’s’ job to translate these numbers into clear facts and figures that will help industries arrive at better decisions, plans, and strategies.
Some examples of practical applications of these data are: pricing new materials for the market, reducing transportation costs, and solving issues that are costing a company money.
Data analysis is a lucrative job but you need to have the aptitude and personality for it. You need to be able to analyze facts and figures, see through the data and arrive at conclusions. You need a high proficiency in math, attention to details and critical thinking skills. You also have to be a good communicator because people will be depending on you to present and explain findings.
A bachelor’s degree in any of the fields of math, statistics, computer science is a requirement for this job.
Applying for Graduate programs
If you are looking to get a Master’s degree or applying for Graduate programs, we have listed 400 specializations from 2100 universities.
You can find program details, college ranking, tuition, gmat GRE and GPA score requirements.
Documents Required for Applications
The additional documents required by the applicants planning to pursue masters in business analytics in USA are as follows:
- Academic Transcripts: The applicant should have an undergraduate degree (4-year) with an average GPA of 3.4 or above.
- Scores of exams to study in the USA, like ELP tests, standardized tests, others.
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation: The letters of recommendation must be professional and academic ones. The person recommending must have acquainted with the applicant’s academic and work history.
- A Statement of Purpose or an essay denotes an applicant’s academic achievements. It also includes co-curricular and professional accomplishments in detail.
- The resume or the work experience is compulsory in some colleges and is used as a GMAT/GRE waiver. The resume must denote a minimum of 2-year employability.
- F-1 Visa – This visa is specifically for non-immigrants that desire to study in the US full-time. The visa falls under the Student and Exchange Visitor Program(SEVP). It is a temporary visa awarded by the US Department of State.
MS in Business Analytics in USA with Scholarships
With approximately 1,86,000 Indian students studying in the USA, scholarship programs are widely available. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program has a specific Indian counterpart known as the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship that funds masters students. There is also a Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program for students looking for a financing option. These scholarships available to Indian students in USA are detailed below:
|Fullbright Masters Scholarship
|Tuition and other expense waivers
|AAUW International Fellowships
|BrokerFish International Student Scholarship
|Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship
MS in Business Analytics in USA with Loans
Loans are available to all international students having a valid F-1 visa and attending a full-time course in the USA. Loans in the USA usually require a cosigner for granting it, in most cases he or she must be an eligible US citizen. Having a co-signer is not compulsory. Some of these loans are discussed below:
MPower is a loan that offers the student the benefit of not opting for a cosigner. It also gives an advantage of no collateral or credit history. The maximum loan amount awarded is around $50,000 with a minimum term being offered is 10 years. The repayment rate is 8.89%-14.97%. The sole requirement for the loan is that the applicant must hold an F-1 Visa.
Prodigy also offers student loans for international students without a cosigner, but credit history is required. The loan amount is based upon one’s requirement. The minimum repayment term is 20 years and the rate is between 7.53%-12.03%. The loan is program-specific and state-centric.
- records, a letter of recommendation from the previous employer, and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
What are the Job Prospects of MS in Business Analytics
Given below are fields that Business Analysts choose from on successful completion of their course. The different job titles may sound familiar in the beginning, however, they include the interpretations of data in various distinctive ways. Career Opportunities for MS Business Analytics include:
- Data Scientist: Responsible for dealing with data mining and analyzing large chunks of extracted data, data scientists mainly focus on math, statistics, understanding the trends, solving the complicated data models, etc. Top Destinations: New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Washington, DC
- Data Analyst: Responsible for working on different tools and techniques to understand complex data models, Business Analyst or the Data analyst are required to build up visual representations of the data and provide appropriate information to the organization. Top Destinations: New York, NY, Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA
- Pricing and Revenue Analyst: The main focus of a Pricing and Revenue Analyst is to analyze a company’s finances as they use their insights on financial data to help boost the revenue of the organization. Top Destinations: New York, NY, Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA
- Operations Research Analyst: The operation research analyst is responsible for helping the organization in identifying and solving operational problems and making better decisions. Top Destinations: New York, NY, Washington, DC, Chicago, IL
- Business Intelligence Analyst: Business executives depend on the services of Business Intelligence Analysts or BI Analysts as they help make data-driven decisions for the company. Top Destinations: New York, NY, Washington, DC, Chicago, IL
Other professions include Market Research Analyst, Management Consulting Analyst and Big Data Analytics Specialist to name a few. A trend that is here to stay, MS in Business Analytics as a degree is here to stay and leaves promises of only growing bigger.
mS in business analytics in uSA without GRE
GMAT/GRE scores are utilized to test the gauge of candidates seeking admission to masters programs abroad. Most of the universities offering masters in Business Analytics in USA require you to submit GMAT/GRE score. Average GMAT scores considered apt for admissions in top universities is around 700 or above. GRE equivalent scores are considered competitive enough for being accepted at top universities in the USA.
However, for international students who do not have good scores in GRE/GMAT or have not appeared for the exam yet and still wish to apply for MS in Business Analytics in USA, the following can be done:
- Getting GMAT/GRE waiver with a high GPA: Scoring well in your bachelor’s degree can help you get a GMAT/GRE waiver. This is highly rare for international applicants but some international applicants who may have performed extremely well in UG can get GMAT/GRE waiver.
- Apply for Universities/Colleges not wanting you to necessarily submit GMAT/GRE scores: Various top universities suggest applicants to submit GMAT/GRE scores, however, these are not necessary. Some of the popular universities or colleges offering the program to international students without GMAT/GRE score as one of the requirements are:
- North Carolina State University
- University of Rochester
- DePaul University
- Suffolk University
- Work Experience: A few colleges allow international students with work experience admissions without GRE/GMAT scores. In such cases, it is important for the applicant to submit the previous experience
masters in business analytics in USA
1. New York University-NY, New York- MS in Data Analytics
About the Course
A new discipline has emerged to address the need for professionals and researchers to deal with the “data tidal wave.” Its object is to provide the underlying theory and methods of the data revolution. This emergent discipline is known by several names. We call it “data science,” and we have created the world’s first MS degree program devoted to it.
Many factors are taken into account in considering by the admissions committee. There is no minimum cutoff for standardized tests. However, for the IELTS, there is a recommended minimum band score of 7.0. For the TOEFL, there is a recommended minimum score of 100 on the internet-based test.
2. Indiana University-Bloomington- MA in Data Analytics
About the Course
To hone your expertise as a data professional, your coursework will be grounded in the real-world challenges that local and global communities, organizations, and citizens face on a daily basis.A focus on foundational knowledge will help lay the groundwork for a lifelong career trajectory, while plenty of hands-on training via research projects, interdisciplinary collaboration, and internship work will give you a competitive edge in today’s job market.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- A personal statement
- Unofficial academic records
- Official GRE or TOEFL test scores (online certificate applicants do not need to submit test scores)
for more information: https://datascience.indiana.edu/apply/index.html
3. Stevens Institute of Technology-Hoboken, New Jersey- MA in Data Analytics
About the Course
Demand for data scientists who can glean insights from the wealth of information made available through modern technologies to aid in informed decision-making is on the rise. The data science master’s program at Stevens instills the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required for dealing with the contemporary collection, exploration, analysis, and modeling of data along with the related challenges pertaining to inference and prediction.
You need a Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum GPA of 3.0, from an accredited institution, and official college transcripts. You also need to present two letters of recommendation. For international students, you need TOEFL/IELTS scores. GRE/GMAT is not required for part-time students.
4. The University of Chicago-Chicago, Illinois- Master of Science in Data Analytics
About the Course
The University of Chicago Graham School Master of Science in Analytics attracts students from all over the world to our downtown Chicago campus. Our students use the MScA program as a springboard to dive into the analytics field, discover new ways to use analytics to explore complex questions and shape themselves into leaders in the analytics community.
Gmat is not required because the university does not believe in the accuracy of standardized tests. You can, however, include if you think it will enhance your application.
for more information: https://grahamschool.uchicago.edu/academic-programs/masters-degrees/analytics/faqs
5. Tufts University-Medford, Maryland- M.S. in Data Science
About the Course
The M.S. in Data Science is a program that may be completed in as little as one year of study, or at a student’s own pace. Prerequisites for the M.S. in Data Science include a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, including Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline. Applicants with bachelor’s degrees in non-STEM fields can begin study with a Certificate in Data Science that, in an additional term or year, gives the applicant a sample of the program.
- Gmat not required for current Tufts undergraduates applying to the M.S. degree program
- Gmat scores may be waived for part-time students with five years of industry experience who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
for more information: https://asegrad.tufts.edu/academics/explore-graduate-programs/data-science
6. Johns Hopkins University-Baltimore, Maryland- MS in Data Analytics
About the Course
The rigorous curriculum focuses on the fundamentals of computer science, statistics, and applied mathematics while incorporating real-world examples. With options to study online and on-site in state-of-the-art facilities at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, students learn from practicing engineers and data scientists. Graduates are prepared to succeed in specialized jobs involving everything from the data pipeline and storage, to statistical analysis and eliciting the story the data tells.
The Gmat is not required for most courses in the university
for more information: http://advanced.jhu.edu/academics/graduate-degree-programs/government-analytics/faq/
7. Brown University-Providence, Rhode Island- MS in Data Analytics
About the Course
The program is designed to provide a fundamental understanding of the methods and algorithms of data science, to be achieved through a study of relevant topics in mathematics, statistics, and computer science, including machine learning, data mining, security and privacy, visualization, and data management. The program also provides experience in important, frontline data-science problems in a variety of fields, and introduces students to ethical and societal considerations surrounding data science and its applications.
- Gmat General exam is not required. The general test scores are to give an additional objective form of evaluation, but for many students, the GRE test score does not provide much additional information.
- GRE Subject: Not required
- TOEFL: Required
- Writing Sample: Optional
for more information: https://www.brown.edu/initiatives/data-science/content/do-i-have-take-gre-general-exam
8. Yale University-New Haven, Connecticut- MS in Data Analytics
About the Course
The Department offers a broad training program comprised of the main areas of statistical theory (with emphasis on foundations, Bayes theory, decision theory, nonparametric statistics), probability theory, stochastic processes, asymptotics, information theory, machine learning, data analysis, statistical computing, and graphical methods.
All applications must include the GRE general scores and, for persons whose native language is not English, TOEFL scores (unless you obtained your undergraduate degree with at least 3-years in residence at an English-language program). The gmat and GRE subject test is not required for the M.A. program.
Neither the Graduate School nor the Statistics Department has a minimum required gmat, GRE or TOEFL scores for admission, but very low scores do typically decrease the chances of admission.
for more information: http://statistics.yale.edu/academics/graduate-programs/terminal-ma-program/terminal-ma-admissions
9. Northwestern University-Evanston, Illinois- MS in Data Analytics
About the Course
MSDS students gain critical skills for succeeding in today’s data-intensive world. They learn how to utilize relational and document database systems and analytics software built upon open-source systems such as R, Python, and TensorFlow. They learn how to make trustworthy predictions using traditional statistics and machine learning methods.
- bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or its foreign equivalent
- a competitive undergraduate record that indicates strong academic ability is required
- work or research experience in the field of study is desirable but not necessarily a requirement.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required, but strong scores bolster chances for admission.
for more information: https://sps.northwestern.edu/masters/data-science/admission.php
10. George Washington University-Washington, D.C.- Master of Science (MS) degree in Data Science
About the Course
The STEM-designated Master of Science (MS) degree in Data Science provides a deep foundation in statistical analysis and programming. It also offers knowledge of the application domain, in addition to project management skills. Graduates of the MS in Data Science apply data science techniques to the solution of real-world problems, communicate findings, and effectively present results using data visualization tools.
- Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 6.0 with no individual score below 5.0; or
- TOEFL: 550 on paper-based or 80 on Internet-based; or
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic: 53
- GRE is not required
for more information: https://programs.gwu.edu/graduate/data-science
You may consider getting a master’s to advance your next level goals in your data analytics career. The following is a run-down of universities that offer Data Analytics Masters.
Below is list of universities do not require a GMAT. They will be looking at your overall application to arrive at a decision which includes your professional experience, references, and college records. They will not be basing their decision exclusively on GRE results. These universities offer Data Analytics Master’s degree and are known for their top-quality programs.