Last Updated on August 29, 2022 by Alvina Ibe
McCombs Business School admissions are held once a year during the fall session only. In the Fall of 2020, there was a total enrollment of 12,644 students, amongst which over 10,000 are undergraduate enrollments, and 5,100 international students, coming from 103 countries.
The full-time MBA program at McCombs has an approximate capacity of 284 students but receives over 2000 admission applications every year. The institute is a selective business schoool of US education System that accepts an average of 6,000 students in their undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs.
- At McCombs School of Business, the admission deadline varies according to too the programs. The BBA program admission deadline is December 1 while the MBA program offers admissions in 3 rounds.
- Students are required to pay a non-refundable application processing fee (70 to 90 USD) along with their application form.
- The admissions committee emphasizes on the holistic review of each application to decide if the candidate would be a good fit for McCombs School of Business.
- Common admission documents required include official transcripts, resumes, standardized test scores, essays, and letters of recommendation.
- International applicants are additionally required to submit official IELTS/ TOEFL scores to demonstrate English language proficiency.
- MBA applicants are required to appear for an admission interview by invitation only.
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the university has made certain exceptions to the requirement for submitting standardized test scores. Students may request a test score exception by submitting a special petition form along with their applications.
|Application Fee||UG: 90 USD|
Graduate: 90 USD
MBA Program: 200 USD
|Acceptance Rate||19.66% (BBA Program)|
|Average SAT Score||1384|
|Average ACT Score||31|
|Average GMAT Score||702|
|Mode of Payment||Visa/ Discover/ Master Card etc|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
|Intake Seasons||Varies by program|
|Work Experience||Minimum 2 years recommended for MBA Applicants|
|Admission Interview||Required for MBA Applicants (by invitation only)|
|Financial Aid||Loans/ Grants/ Scholarships available|
McCombs School of Business Admission Deadlines
Applicants must make submission of all the documents prior to the deadline date for Admission at McCombs School of Business. The university takes longer to process all international applications, therefore, it is advised to students to prepare all their documents in advance to avoid the last-minute hassle.
The latest deadlines for intake sessions are as follows:
|For Summer/Fall||Apply by March 1|
|For Spring||Apply by October 1|
McCombs School of Business International Student Admissions
International students make up 20-50% of the total strength of most programs offered by the McCombs School of Business. The admission criteria for international applicants are mostly the same as those for domestic students; however international students are required to complete a few additional steps in the admission process. These include the submission of English proficiency test scores and immigration procedures.
How to apply?
Admission portal: ApplyTexas or Coalition for College application
Application fee: $90 for international applicants
Common admission documents that international applicants are required to submit during the McCombs School of Business Admissions are mentioned below
- Completed Online Application
- Official high school/ college transcripts
- Admission Essay
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/ GMAT Scores
English Proficiency Test Scores for International Students
International applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting scores of any of the exams mentioned below
|Test Name||Minimum Score Required for All Programs|
Students who fulfill any one of the conditions mentioned below may have the English Proficiency Test Score Requirement waived
- The applicant has earned an undergraduate/ masters degree from a country whose official language is English
- The applicant has lived/ worked full time for a minimum of 2 years in a country where English is the only official language
- The applicant received an undergraduate/ graduate-level degree from an institute where English is the only language of instruction.
Visa Process for International Students
The International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Department at the University of Texas, Austin provides visa assistance to international students who have received an offer of admission from McCombs School of Business. Self-funded international students would usually apply for an F1 visa. If more than 50% of a student’s funding is from non-personal sources, he/she would apply for a J1 visa.
Important documents required during the visa process are as follows
- Application Form DS160
- One Passport Sized Photograph
- Current SEVIS I-20
- Admission Letter issued by the institute
- Proof of Financial Support
- Proof of Ties to Home Country
Students may contact the ISSS for additional queries at [email protected]/
McCombs School of Business Undergraduate Admissions
McCombs School of Business offers four undergraduate level programs: Texas BBA, Texas Business Options, Business Honours Program and Texas iMPA
Where to Apply: Undergraduate applicants may apply using the Texas Apply portal or via the Coalition of Colleges Portal.
Application Fee: 90 USD
International applicants are advised to submit the following admission materials along with their admission application
- High School Transcripts
- College Essay
- 3 Short Answers
- SAT/ ACT Scores
- IELTS/ TOEFL Scores
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
Students may also submit an expanded resume and up to two letters of recommendation as part of their applications
Students may contact the Office of Admissions with further questions at the following email address or phone number: [email protected]/ 512-475-7399
McCombs School of Business Graduate Admissions
The McCombs School of Business offers MBA degrees, MPA in Accounting and MS degrees in various fields such as marketing, finance, etc
Where to Apply: Online
Application Fee: 200 USD for a full-time MBA program
90 USD others
Admission Requirements: The specific admission requirements vary by program, however, some common requirements include
- Undergraduate Degree Certificate and official transcripts
- GRE/ GMAT Scores
- IELTS/ TOEFL Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Professional CV
Individual admission requirements for specific graduate-level programs at McCombs School of Business are mentioned here
|Requirements||Full- time MBA||MS in Finance||MS in Marketing||MPA in Accounting||MS in Business Analytics|
|Application Fee (USD)||200||90||90||90||90|
|Average GMAT/ GRE Score *||GMAT: 704|
|Essays||2 Required||2 Required||Required||Required||Required|
|Letters of Recommendation||1 Required||2 Required||2 Required||2 Required||3 Required|
|Work Experience||Min.2 years||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|Admission Interview||By Invitation Only||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
*The university does not have any minimum GRE/ GMAT requirement, however, students are strongly recommended by the admission authorities to have a GRE/ GMAT score above the 60th percentile.
Students may contact the McCombs School of Business by phone at 512-475-592.
The BBA program at McCombs was ranked #1 in Undergraduate Programs by Public Accounting Report in 2019. Its MBA program was ranked #17 by US News & World Report in 2018. Graduates from the BBA program can expect an average salary of over 67,000 USD while MBA graduates earn around 125,000 USD annually. As such it is evident McCombs is a highly sought-after institute which provides state-of-the-art education in the field of business. Students should aim for high scores in standardized tests and maintain a high GPA to improve their chances of admission. Admission decisions are usually communicated to applicants within 3 months of the application deadline.