Last Updated on October 25, 2021 by Alvina Ibe
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a public research-oriented education provider in Singapore, highly reputed for its education and innovation. The university rank has improved a mark to #12 in 2022 from #13 in 2021 globally as per QS World University Rankings. NTU enrolled around 24,579 undergraduates and over 8,000 postgraduate students in various study areas including engineering, business, science, humanities, arts, social sciences, education and medicine.
Annual tuition fees at NTU ranges between 31,000 – 32,900 SGD, with one of the popular programs being Master of Business Administration (66,340 SGD annual fees). Aspirants willing to apply for the same need to have minimum of 2 years of work experience with competitive GMAT or GRE score. English language proficiency can be proved by submitting TOEFL IBT score of more than 100, while IELTS score of 6.5 and above.
NTU campus is often listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world which include 57 Green Mark-certified building projects comprising more than 230 buildings. Besides its campus in Singapore, Nanyang Technological University is home to a medical campus in Novena and NTU Institute of Science and Technology for offering masters in Singapore. NTU is one of the seven founding members of the Global Alliance of Technological Universities (GlobalTech) united to address global issues through science and technology.
NTU offers courses through various learning centres including the National Institute of Education, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering. Top employers including Rolls-Royce, Alibaba, Dyson and HP provide various internship opportunities and placements at NTU. Nine in ten graduates at NTU are employed within six months of graduation according to Good Career Prospects.
Nanyang Technological University Rankings
Nanyang Technological University is one of the top universities in Singapore. Some of the 2021 rankings of NTU are listed below:
- As per QS WUR 2021:
- #3 in Asian University Rankings
- #1 in QS WUR Ranking By Subject
- #13 in QS World University Rankings
- #1 in QS Top 50 under 50
- #10 in QS World’s Most Photogenic Universities
- As per The Economist (EIU) 2021:
- NTU Business School ranked #1 in Singapore for 15th consecutive years
- #35 in the world and #1 in Asia in World University Rankings
- As per US News & World Report 2021:
- #38 in Best Global Universities
- #3 in Best Global Universities in Asia
- 47th in World University Rankings 2021 by Times Higher Education
- Ranked #37 in the world by Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Rankings 2021.
- 10 subjects taught at NTU ranked among top ten in Global Ranking of Academic Subjects by the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy in 2021.
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Annual Tuition Fee||31,000 – 32,900 SGD|
|Estimated Monthly Living Expenses||1,065 – 2,000 SGD|
|Mode of Programs||Full-Time; Part-Time|
|International Partners||Imperial College London|
Technical University of Munich
University of California, Berkeley
|Admission Helpdesk||67905806 | [email protected]|
Nanyang Technological University Programs
Nanyang Technological University offers advanced adult education and professional development programs along with bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Some popular NTU programs are Arts and Humanities, Engineering and Technology, Life sciences, Medicine, Social Sciences, and Management. Programs are offered across various faculties including:
- College of Engineering: NTU College of Engineering ranked 8th globally for Engineering and Technology by QS World University Rankings.
- Aerospace Engineering College of Science: The college ranked 4th globally for Chemistry by US News & World Report. It offers Singapore’s first double degree program in Biomedical Sciences and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Nanyang Business School (College of Business): NTU Business School is accredited by European Quality Improvement System and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences: Singapore’s first professional art school offering courses in art, design and digital media.
- Graduate College: Drives excellence in graduate education at NTU and promotes inter-school collaboration and exchange programs through external partnerships.
- Top courses offered at Nanyang Technological University:
|Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]||62,056|
|Bachelor Aerospace Engineering||12,568|
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Civil Engineering||13,843|
|Bachelor Mechanical Engineering||12,570|
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Electronics||13,843|
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Marketing & Consumer Insight||27,267|
Nanyang Technological University Campus
Nanyang Technological University Smart Campus, a test center for advanced technologies, is ranked among world’s most beautiful university campuses. NTU campus is home to state-of-the-art buildings including Hive and Arc comprising smart classrooms for proper interaction. NTU has created a new world made of digital technologies for international students aspiring to study at top colleges in Singapore.
On its path to become the greenest university campus in the world, NTU is launching the largest wooden building in Asia, in 2021. This building will be home to Nanyang Business School and provide facilities for research and learning for various other schools.
Nanyang Technological University Accommodation
NTU offers accommodation facilities for over 12,000 undergraduates and 1,200 graduate students across its 24 halls of residence at Yunnan Garden campus. Around 758 rooms are reserved for international students studying in Singapore. Housing cost for a single room or a twin-sharing room ranges from SGD 265–605. The two types of accommodation available at Nanyang Technological University campus include:
- Undergraduate Housing: These help freshmen students to immerse in a multicultural and diverse environment, well equipped with facilities such as the gym, music room and hall activities. Around 24 halls are available for undergraduate students including Saraca Hall, Banyan Hall, Crescent Hall and Tamarind Hall.
- Graduate Housing: On-campus graduate housing is available at Graduate Hall 2. Full-time graduate students and researchers are given priority when applying for graduate housing. Graduate students are allowed to stay on-campus for a maximum period of one academic year.
Nanyang Technological University Admission Process
NTU has an average acceptance rate of 35% with only one intake per year. The academic term usually commences in early August. Students can apply for Nanyang Technological University admissions via the institution’s website for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
Application Fee- 30 SGD (by Bank Draft) or 20 SGD (by Credit Card); 100 SGD for MBA program
- Official academic transcripts
- Scores of exams to study in Singapore
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Portfolio or writing sample
English Language Requirements at NTU
|ACT||Composite score of 30 in writing|
Nanyang Technological University Cost of Attendance
The cost of living in Singapore for international students comprises tuition fee, accommodation cost, meals and other expenses. The tuition fee for the academic year 2021-2022 at Nanyang Technological University is shown in the table below-
|Programs||Tuition Fee (SGD)|
|All programs (except below mentioned courses)||32,950|
|Accounting, Business, Computing||36,830|
Estimated Monthly Living Expenses
|Types of Expenses||Cost per Month (in SGD)|
|On-Campus Accommodation||265 – 605 (varies with the room type)|
|Meals||300 – 400|
|Transport, Books, and Personal Expenses||320 – 540|
Nanyang Technological University Scholarships
All the international students pursuing a full-time program at Nanyang Technological University are offered financial aid. These scholarships are offered to students who present good academic results, leadership qualities, and outstanding co-curricular records. International students also have the opportunity to apply for external scholarships to study in Singapore.
Scholarships available at NTU include:
|Scholarships||Benefits||Living Allowance (SGD)|
|ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||5,800|
|NTU Science and Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees|
Settling-in allowance of SGD 200
One-way air passage from home country to Singapore
|Nanyang Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees|
Accommodation allowance of up to SGD 2,000 per academic year
Travel grant of up to SGD 5,000 for an overseas program
Computer allowance of SGD 1,750
|College Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||6,000|
|School Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||–|
Nanyang Technological University Alumni
Nanyang Technological University has an alumni network of 254,528 members representing 155 nationalities. These members volunteer to offer expertise and mentor students, organise various events, for career development and planning. Various benefits gained by alumni of Nanyang Technological University include:
- Alumni Course Credits: Alumni get upto SGD 1,600 course credit to pay 50% of net fee when enrolling in the courses offered by NTU’s Continuing Education and Training (NTU-CET) units.
- Alumni Card: Alumni card offers various discounts on shopping, dining, healthcare, and hotels and resorts in Singapore and other countries.
- Library services and professional development opportunities
Some of the notable alumni include:
- Ms Joanne Peh (Actress)
- Mr Zaqy Mohammad (Singapore’s Senior Minister of State for Defence & Manpower)
- Ms Dipna Lim Prasad (National Sprinter & Olympian)
The Nanyang MBA is Nanyang Business School’s flagship programme. Highly ranked among global MBA programmes, this flexible and interdisciplinary programme prepares you to innovate, lead, and transform through a combination of academic rigour and real-world relevance.
Besides strengthening fundamental business management skills, participants can broaden knowledge in areas such as business analytics, technology, e-business, and sustainability.
Further, participants can customise their learning journey with electives from six specialisation tracks as well as cross-disciplinary courses by esteemed schools from across the university.
With an emphasis on application- based learning, participants get the opportunity to work on a ‘live’ strategy project Strategy Projects at Nanyang (SPAN) where they work in teams to address a real-life strategic challenge presented by a particular organisation.
Participants also undergo a comprehensive leadership course, Leading People Globally (LPG) and take an immersive study trip, Business Study Mission (BSM) where they gain insights into the business practices and successful transformation strategies of global and local companies across industries.
Experience a transformation with the leading MBA programme in Singapore that is designed to fuel your growth into a future-ready leader equipped with the skills needed to excel in a global, digital environment.
The Nanyang MBA Edge
The Nanyang MBA offered by Nanyang Business School (NBS), part of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore is a flexible 12-month or 18-month programme designed to fuel your growth into a future-ready leader equipped with the skills needed to excel in a global, digital environment. It also prepares you to rethink business for a sustainable future, encapsulating the global shift towards sustainability.
FOSTERING AN INNOVATIVE MINDSET
We aim to develop you into an innovative thinker with the ability to solve problems through new ways of thinking. Central to this is our unique interdisciplinary curriculum, which leverages NTU’s technology and innovation strengths, expertise from world-class research centres, and strong industry connections that offer practical real-world learning.
EMPOWERING IMPACTFUL LEADERSHIP
Our goal is to nurture agile and impactful leaders who possess a strong sense of purpose. We accomplish this through a capstone module – Leading People Globally (LPG), coaching, and an Asian leadership series focused on your personal leadership development. These experiences are combined with an understanding of key sustainable and ethical business strategies that benefit both organisations and society at large.
GLOBAL OUTLOOK, ASIAN INSIGHTS
Balancing a global outlook with our deep Asian business insights grounded by research on consumer psychology and cultural intelligence, NTU’s flagship MBA programme will accelerate your transformation into a culturally adept leader with the business framework to succeed in Asia and beyond. For more extensive global perspectives, you can customise your learning journey with an overseas exchange or double degree programme with our acclaimed international partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- TOEFL score > 100 IBT or IELTS score > 6.5, if English was not the medium of instruction used at the undergraduate level
- Round 1: 1 November
- Round 2: 15 January
- Round 3: 31 March
The institutional code for the following tests are: GMAT: V24-ZV-13
S$66,340 (inclusive of GST)
You must have completed at least 12 years of general education or will be taking High School national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission.
Submission of IELTS++ (a minimum Overall 6, writing 6) or TOEFL++(a minimum of 90) or SAT (a minimum of 1250 for SAT taken for March 2016 onwards) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) (a minimum of 55) or ACT with Writing (a minimum of composite score of 30 in ACT with Writing in one sitting) or AST English score or C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)) are only compulsory for applicants
- with PRC Gao Kao qualification (i.e. applicants who will be taking Gao Kao in June 2021 and those who have already taken Gao Kao) OR
- with Taiwan General Scholastic Ability Test (GSAT) qualification OR
- with South Korean College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT)/High School Diploma (Ilbankye Kodung Hakkyo) qualification OR
- with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) OR
- with Vietnam High School Graduation Certificate OR
- with Thailand Mathayom 6 OR
- who do not take up English language in Junior and Senior High School or taken English language only as a 2nd language.
For IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic, only scores obtained in the 2 years leading up to the application deadline will be considered. The validity period for SAT and ACT is 5 years.
++IELTS Indicator and TOEFL iBT ® Special Home Edition are also acceptable.
Minimum Subject Requirements
In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, you must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements for the programmes you apply. Check the minimum subject requirements of the programme you wish to apply.
Mother Tongue Language (MTL) Requirement for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
All Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents applying for admission must fulfil any one of the following minimum requirements under MOE mother tongue policy:
- a grade D7 for Higher MTL at Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level; or
- a pass in MTL ‘B’ or a grade S for H1 MTL or H2 MTL Language and Literature or General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level; or
- a pass in MTL A: Literature or MTL A: Language and Literature or Language B MTL at Standard or Higher Level at IB Diploma; or
- an MOE-approved MTL-in-lieu*; or
- an MOE-approved MTL-exemption*.
Students who have not satisfied the requirement above may still apply for admission with no prejudice to their application. Admission will be on a provisional basis and students are required to attain the MTL within the period of their University study.
* For students who have been away from Singapore’s school system for some years, the University will submit the application for MTL-in-lieu or MTL-exemption on your behalf if you are offered admission. MOE does not accept direct applications. If you have previously been approved a MTL-in-lieu or are exempted from MTL, please upload the MOE approval letter to the ‘Checklist’ after you have submitted your application.
NTU Entrance Examinations
Applicants with qualifications as deemed fit by the university may be required to sit for an NTU Entrance Examination before a final decision on admission can be made.
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.
Estimated Living Expenses
It is important to have a good idea of the financial costs involved over the length of your undergraduate education in NTU. Besides the Tuition fee and Miscellaneous fee for full-time programmes, the estimated monthly cost of living is as below.
|Type Of Costs||Estimated Amount (S)|
|Accommodation (On-campus)||S$265 – S$605*|
|Meals||S$300 – S$400|
|Transport, Books & Personal Expenses||S$320 – S$540|
|Total||S$885 – S$1545|
* The estimated cost of accommodation is based on the rate of a single room or twin-sharing room.
The Office of Admissions does not engage any 3rd party agent / organization / company to represent the university or work with any 3rd party agent / organization / company to enrol full-time undergraduate students. All undergraduate admission related correspondences, notifications and e-mails are only sent by authorised personnel from the Office of Admissions.
Overseas Exchange Programmes allow students to read courses and/or to work overseas. Earned academic units will be counted towards graduation requirements. The benefits of such programmes include the nourishment of the learning experience of students through the following ways:
- experience of an international education
- developing global perspectives
- cultural immersion
- facilitates any learning of foreign languages
- networking opportunities
The following course matching will not approved by MAE:
– EG0001 Engineers and Society
– Approval will not be given to course matching for courses not listed on BRC Course Lising even if it was previously approved in Coursefinder. For instance, MA4877 Spaceflight Dynamics and Control.
-With effect from Summer 2020, HW0188 Engineering Communication I and HW0288 Engineering Communication II will not be allowed to take during overseas exchange/ summer studies.
Please note the following time for each finalization purpose:
- Students must submit the AU Projection list within the deadline mentioned on the E-Notification.
- Finalization of AU projection only after you confirm all your registered courses at the host university. You can only submit this once.
- Submit credit transfer after you receive your official transcript (with University’s seal and signature)
|Minimum CGPA||Year of Study||Other Criteria|
|Semester Exchange||GEM Explorer||3.3||Priority is given to Singaporeans, followed by SPR and international students. Eligibility Criteria / Allocation Criteria|
|GEM Explorer (Research Attachment)||3.3||Year 3 standing||Subject to availability of projects|
|Overseas Internships Programme||N.A.||Year 3 standing||To meet all pre-requisites for attachment|
|SUSEP||3.5||||Students must have completed one semester of studies at the point of application and two semesters at the point of admission to the host University. Also, students must not have prior participation in the Singapore Universities Student Exchange Programme. |
|Special Term||GEM Discoverer (Summer & Winter Studies)||2.0||Refer to OGEM website||N.A.|
|GEM Discoverer (Prelude)||2.0||Refer to OGEM website||N.A.|
|GEM Trailblazer||For inbound exchange students, click here for the latest list of course offering.|
|NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme||Research programme open to student pursuing his/her undergraduate studies in an Indian University/Institute who have not studied in NTU Singapore previously.|
Transfer of Credits
The credit transfer request for exchange in previous semester will be updated by end of the following semester (For instant, credit transfer for AY20/21 Semester 2 will be updated by end of AY21/22 Semester 1) as school can only start processing students’ credit transfer request after received from OGEM/OAS a copy of your transcript for verification purpose.
Please note that student’s study year will remained the same (For instance, Study Year 3 for AY20/21 Semester 2, same Study Year 3 will be used as the Study Year for you to do course registration for AY21//22 Semester 1) until the credit transfer have been processed and updated in your Degree Audit.
Please email [email protected] stating the course you want to read and the pre-requisites which you have completed overseas so that you can register for the course during your schedule course registration date/time or during add/drop period
What could an online course at NTU do for you?
Interested in progressing your career, or having a total change of direction? Or maybe you’re passionate about your subject, and want to study it in greater detail? Whatever your motivation for doing a postgraduate course, perhaps you’re also wondering how you’d fit your studies around your personal and working life.
As an online student here, you’ll benefit from the same top class teaching, award-winning research expertise and excellent career opportunities as our students studying on campus – wherever you live in the world. We’ll welcome you into our friendly and supportive NTU community, and, after graduation, you’ll join the ranks of our successful and respected alumni.
You’ll reap all the benefits of studying at one of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, but with the flexibility to study at your own pace, as and when it suits you.
Interactive course features
We are continually developing innovative ways to bring our courses to life via our virtual learning environment. Our online courses are designed to immerse you in the material to make you feel like you’re in the classroom. These interactive elements and features include:
- Video lectures
- Social interaction
- Real-life case studies
- Interactive assignments
- Research supervision
- Academic and technical support
Guardian University of the Year 2019
Why choose NTU?
We are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s truly outstanding universities, through our commitment to areas including student satisfaction, graduate employment, and quality of teaching.
The MSc in Information Systems (MSIS) programme blends theory and practice to equip students with cutting-edge knowledge necessary for the design, development, maintenance, and management of information systems to provide better user experience.
The programme curriculum covers wide-ranging technical expertise and soft skills that an Information Systems professional is expected to possess in the areas such as:Software Development & Infrastructure: Provides students with the core knowledge required for the design, development, and maintenance of information systems.
Human Computer Interaction: Provides students with the knowledge for designing information systems that are both useful and usable from an end-user perspective.
Management of Systems and Services: Provides students with the soft skills required for managing information system projects, information systems personnel, and resources.
Information Management: Provides students with skills needed to store, organise, persevere, and manage information in a way that allows for its reliable, timely and accurate use.
The following highlights the key features of the MSIS programme:
- Broad-based perspective of information systems education from experienced, multi-disciplinary faculty and industrial practitioners
- Offers a strong emphasis in users and management through theory and practice-based experiential learning
- Provides a solid foundation for mid-career professionals wanting to establish themselves in the industry
Admission RequirementsTo apply to the MSc in Information Systems (MSIS) programme, you need to meet these minimum requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in areas such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or
- A Bachelor’s degree with a strong information technology-related component such as those in Engineering or the Sciences, or
- A Bachelor’s degree plus relevant working experience
- Degree classification second class lower/Honours (Merit) and above or equivalent
*: Internships are not counted towards working experience, and it is recommended for applicants to have at least a minimum of one-year of full-time working experience in relevant fields.
For undergraduate degree not awarded by an English-medium University or is awarded by an English-medium University but the language of instruction was not English, you must meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement (ELPR).
|Minimum Score Required|
Note: The validity period for IELTS/TOEFL scores is two (2) years at the point of application. It is recommended the IELTS sub-scores should not be less than 6.0.
There is only one intake in August. Applications for August admission will be open in November and close in mid-February. The outcome of application will be released from end April onwards via online.
|Programme||Admission Intake||Closing date for submission of online applications with supporting documents|
|M.Sc.(Information Systems) [Programme Code: 143]||August||Application Period: 1 November to 31 January|
Applications are to be submitted electronically via the NTU admissions website. Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of S$21.40 when you send in your admission application per programme applied. Applications without application fee will not be processed.
Applicants may check their application or result status online after receiving the acknowledgement receipt of your application via email.
For more information on the admissions procedures, online application, list of supporting documents application or result status and other relevant details.