Last Updated on January 15, 2023 by Team College Learners
The university offers a vast array of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in diverse areas including arts, science, engineering, medicine, fine arts, medicine, business, music, maritime studies, technology and ocean instrumentation, human kinetics and recreation, nursing, pharmacy, and social work.
Read on to get detailed information about mcmaster university tuition fees, mcmaster university fees for indian students visit Collegelearners, mcmaster university international students.
Located in the city of Hamilton, Mcmaster is always developing. They have a nuclear reactor.
Their library system includes four libraries housing 1,274,265 paper books and 3,689,973 total resources, including videos, maps, sound recordings, and microfilm. What a state of the art building! I can already imagine the structure in my head.
Earlier in the post, I made mention of the McMasters nuclear reactor. This reactor according to the school’s twitter handle is one of the few in the whole world that produces iodine-125, a medical isotope used to treat prostate cancer. Now, you can explore the reactor in 3D, courtesy of a free app. Isn’t that awesome?
The school is one of the four schools in Canada that has consistently ranked among the first 100 in the world ranking. That is to say, they offer a quality education.
As of late 2017, they had a record of 24% of students being international students.
They have accommodation that can contain up to 3685 students. If you are an on-campus kind of student. The school has got you covered in reducing your off-campus house rent.
The school has been named the most research-intensive university. That shows that they take research very important. Research enthusiasts have a stronghold here. In addition, they have over 70 research institutes.
Mcmaster not only grooms academic giants but also prominent leaders. Each faculty has its own student representatives. Apparently, they provide an all-round basic education.
How Much is Tuition at McMaster University?
For domestic students’ offering undergraduate degree programs, the total estimate from the information we got from all the faculties is between $5,957 – $6052 while the graduate fee is $6400.
Also, for international students, the graduate school average tuition after considering all the faculties is $30,000 while for undergraduates is $28,000.
McMaster University Undergraduate Tuition Fees
This is the tuition fee at McMaster University for 2019-2020 Academic Year.
Undergraduate fees at Mcmaster is of 2 parts; the tuition and supplemtary fees. Actually, their fees have to be approved by the board.
Their tuition is charged at course unit level. That is to say, the number of courses you are offering detemines the number of units you have. This in turn determines the amount you pay.
You can check the Undergraduate Calendar for a complete listing of courses by program to know the number of units you are to pay for.
A typically course equals 3 units although some are worth more than 3 units. A normal full course load is 5 courses in both the fall and winter terms, equaling 15 units /term or 30 units in a year.
There are supplementary fees that are mandatory for all students both domestic and International. They are voted for by students and are used to support both part-time and full students who have financial challenges.
Under the tuition for undergraduate students, we will discuss the following in detail.
- What is McMaster University Tuition fees for Domestic and International students by Faculties?
- What is Mcmaster univesrsity Nursing Tuition?
What is McMaster University Tuition fees for Domestic and International Students by Faculties?
Here is a breakdown of all undergraduate faculties at Mcmaster university. Their fees for domestic and international students are shown likewise.
Use the calendar talked about above to know the number of units your prospective faculty offers.
How much is McMaster University’s Graduate Tuition Fee?
This Mcmaster university graduate tuition fee is for the 2019-2020 academic year. They are charged faculty by faculty.
Tuition fees are assessed on a term by term basis. Essential fees are mandatory along with tuition. However, for non-essential fees, students will have the choice of opting out of them.
A graduate student must enroll in at least one course in all three terms in order to be fully enrolled, and for fees to be charged. Otherwise, the fee assessment will be incomplete. If a student is not taking an academic course in any term, they must still add a placeholder course as follows:
- SGS 700 – for students who pay fees on a term by term basis
- SGS 711 – for students who pay fees on a course costed basis
The complete details of regulations on fee assessment for graduate students can be found under the Financial Matters of the Graduate Calendar.
Graduate programs at Mcmaster University are either course-based or Professional based. Here is the tuition fee for both of them. We will assess it for part-time and full-time students.
It is important we note that different faculties also have their fees. The table below is an estimate of the tuition that will be paid by students in various levels irrespective of the type of program and faculty.
Mcmaster university fees for indian students
|Courses||Duration||1st Year Tuition Fees|
|MS(1 Course)||12 – 24 Months||INR 10.3L|
|MBA(1 Course)||20 Months||INR 29.7L|
|MBBS(1 Course)||3 Years||INR 18L|
|MEng(3 Courses)||0.2 – 2 Years||INR 10.3L|
|MASc(4 Courses)||0.1 – 2 Years||INR 10.3L|
|BE/Btech(9 Courses)||4 – 5 Years||INR 33.1L|
|MIM(1 Course)||1 Year||INR 27.2L|
|Other Courses(6 Courses)||0.5 – 4 Years||INR 8.5L – 33.1L|
Mcmaster university international students
American-Style Curriculum (Continental US)
General Requirements for Admission
American Curriculum High School applications are reviewed for admission based on McMaster’s own calculation of the admission average. McMaster’s calculations of the admission averages may vary from those used at other institutions.
- 5 Grade 12/Senior academic subjects or a combination of equivalents from IB, AP, SAT II Subject Tests
- Grade 12 English/English Literature required for all programs
- Math & Science equivalents:
- Biology – 2 years/2 full credits (Junior and Senior) or AP Biology (or equivalent)
- Calculus – 4 years of high school Mathematics including Pre-Calculus and AP Calculus (either AB or BC exam) or equivalent.
- Note: SAT II Mathematics subject test cannot be used as a substitute for the Calculus requirement
- Chemistry – 2 years/2 full credits (Junior and Senior) or AP Chemistry (or equivalent)
- Physics – 2 years/2 full credits (Junior and Senior) or AP Physics (or equivalent)
- AP Challenge exam with a minimum score of 4 or 5 may be used in lieu of one science/math requirement if subject not offered at your school.
- SAT II Subject Test with a score of at least 670 may be considered on a case-by-case basis in lieu of one math/science requirement.
- Students presenting AP courses will be required to complete the AP Examinations via the College Board with minimum grades of 3 for consideration.
- A minimum average of 80% (including all required subjects) is required for application eligibility. Admission is competitive and many programs will require grades/averages well above the 80% for admission consideration.
Documents Required for Review
- Detailed school profile including grading scale
- 2nd quartile results can be used for consideration for a conditional offer of admission provided at least 2 of the 5 required courses have been completed and grades presented.
- Grade 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 2nd quartile results
- SAT and SAT II Subject Test results must be sent from the College Board directly and cannot be accepted electronically.
- SAT minimum – overall score of 1200 or greater (Reading/Math sections only) with a minimum score of 600 in each section (Institutional Code for SAT/AP – 0936)
- ACT – minimum composite score of 27 or greater (Institutional Code – 5326)
Advanced Credit Policy
- AP courses with a minimum grade of 4 may be considered for advanced credit at the discretion of the Faculty.
West Africa Examinations Council (WAEC)
General Requirements for Admission
- 5 subjects
- A minimum average required for admission consideration varies by program
Documents Required for Review
- Transcripts for SS1, SS2 and First Term SS3 grades