tuskegee university scholarships
Going to the university can be expensive and demanding for students who come from low income homes or communities or have no financial support whatsoever. Scholarships, like tuskegee university scholarships, can prove quite valuable.
Read on to get more information on tuskegee university scholarships for international students, howard university scholarships, tuskegee university tuition, scholarship requirements tuskegee and tuskegee university outside scholarships. You will also find up to date information on tuskegee university scholarships in related articles on koboguide.
It’s important to recognize those incoming freshmen with excellent academic records and outstanding promise. At Tuskegee University, we do this by offering a limited number of renewable merit scholarships. There is no separate scholarship application. All students are considered for these opportunities on the basis of their admissions applications and supporting documentation (e.g. official high school transcripts, etc.).
Please note The Alabama Incentive Grant is ONLY for qualified Alabama residents.
Academic Scholarships/Grants for Incoming Freshmen 2020-2021
|SCHOLARSHIP NAME||GPA |
|Distinguished Presidential||3.7||1300-1420+||28-32+||Full tuition, room/board, fees, and $800 books||3.25/30|
|University Merit||3.5||1200-1290||25-27||Full tuition + $800 books||3.0/30|
|Alabama Incentive Grant||2.8||1030-1090||20-21||$5,000 + housing||3.0/30|
|Tuskegee University Grant||3.1||1030-1090||20-21||$8,000||3.0/30|
Merit Based Scholarship and Grant Policies
- Scholarships and grant funds awarded, once combined with Federal Student Aid and any external awards cannot exceed the total cost of attendance.
- If your Federal Student Aid Report (SAR) reveals that you are eligible for Federal Grant Aid, your institutional scholarship and grant awards will be adjusted to direct cost of attendance.
- All new students are required to pay a non-refundable $400.00 enrollment fee by the priority deadline of May 1, 2021. If enrollment fee is not received, the award is subject to cancellation.
- Scholarship and Grant awards DO NOT cover the University’s non-refundable enrollment fee.
- Recipients of the aforementioned University merit scholarships and grants must meet the cumulative college grade point average and completed credit hours for each academic year to maintain the award and apply for the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) and Thurgood Marshall Foundation Scholarships.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other terms or years of entry to Tuskegee University, and it is not transferable to other institutions or individuals.
- Scholarships and grants are subject to availability of University funds and the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- The University reserves the right to revoke any scholarship and grant awards for students whose final cumulative high school grade point average and standardized test score(s) fall below the scholarship requirement.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- May 1: Admissions Application Deadline for Fall Term
- May 1: Priority Enrollment Fee Deadline for Fall Term
- May 1: Deadline to Accept or Decline Scholarship Offers
- October 1: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online
List of Scholarships for African American Students
We were told that not enough African American students are applying for these scholarships. There are a number of companies and organizations who have donated money for scholarships to African Americans, but a great deal of the money is being returned because of a lack of awareness or lack of interest.
Please pass this information on to family members and friends. If you are a current or prospective college student, this info can be very useful.
- Actuarial Scholarships for Minority Students
- Aid & Resources For Re-Entry Students
- Azazie Scholarship Program
- Bell Labs Fellowships for Under-represented Minorities
- BestColleges – Coding Bootcamp Scholarships
- BestColleges – Financial Aid Guide for Coding Bootcamps
- BOEING scholarships (HBCU Connects)
- Brand Essay Competition
- Burger King Scholarship Program
- Coca-Cola Two Year College Scholarships
- College Board Scholarship Search
- CollegeNet’s Scholarship Database
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
- County Government Offices Scholapship
- Easley National Scholarship Program
- EduMed.org (Scholarships and Resources for African American Students)
- FAFSA On The Web (Your key aid form & info)
- Federal Scholarships & Aid Gateways (25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel)
- FinAid: The Smart Students Guide to Financial Aid scholarships
- Gates Millennlum Scholarships
- GE and LuLac Scholarship Funds
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- HBCU Packard SIT Abroad Scholarships
- Historically Black College & University Scholarships
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships
- Hope Scholarships & Lifetime Credits
- INROADS internships
- Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship (for AA students in South Florida)
- Maryland Artists Scholarships
- Microsoft Scholarship Program
- NAACP Scholarships
- National Association of Black Journalists Scholarships (NABJ)
- National Racial Equity Initiative for Social Justice
- Nitro College Scholarships
- Presidential Freedom Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford
- Roothbert Scholarship Fund
- Saul T. Wilson Scholarships (Veterinary)
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Programs:
- BRIDGING THE DREAM SCHOLARSHIP FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS: The Sallie Mae Fund, the charitable arm of Sallie Mae®, has partnered with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund to launch a new scholarship program — the Sallie Mae Fund Bridging the Dream Scholarship Program. In 2021, The Sallie Mae Fund will award (25) $10,000 scholarships to high school seniors who plan to enroll in a two- or four-year degree professional certificate, or vocational training program. Seniors who excel inside and outside of the classroom and demonstrate financial need can apply now through March 8.
- COMPLETING THE DREAM SCHOLARSHIP: The Sallie Mae Fund will award (260) gap scholarships worth up to $2,500 to minority students and those from underserved communities who are on track to graduate but are at-risk of not completing due to financial emergency or unpaid school bill.
- BRIDGING THE DREAM SCHOLARSHIP FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS: Coming later IN 2021, The Sallie Mae Fund will also offer (10) $10,000 scholarship to
minority students and those from disadvantaged communities who are pursuing a graduate degree. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Ends March 8.
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Help
- Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities
- Scholarship Guide and Grant Opportunities
- Scholarship Links (Ed Finance Group)
- Scholarships and Fellowships
- Science Scholarships
- Siemens Westinghouse Competition
- Sports Scholarships and Internships
- Student Inventors Scholarships
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- Trajectory Foundation Scholarship
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minority Students
- WiredScholar Free Scholarship Search
- Xerox Scholarships for Students
External scholarships are scholarships awarded by outside companies or organizations. Students should select the scholarship they wish to apply for, then click on the link to the company’s or organization’s website to apply for that scholarship.
Below is a listing of some of the external scholarships available:
- Outside Scholarships
- External Scholarships
- Scholarships for African-Americans
- Financial Aid for Minority Students
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: A Beginner’s Guide for Nursing Students
- Scholarships for Nursing Students — And How to Win Them
- The Nursing Student’s Guide to Debt-Free Education
ROTC scholarships are available to students who are interested in joining the military. The scholarship covers tuition. Scholarships are currently available for Army, Air Force and Naval R.O.T.C. students.
To inquire about these scholarships please contact the R.O.T.C. staff in the detachments listed below.
AFROTC Detachment 015
General Daniel “Chappie” James, Jr. Center
Tuskegee University campus
Tuskegee Institute, AL 36088
TU Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Every school in the nation has students who are connected to the military. These students and their families often make sacrifices due to this commitment. Thankfully, there are programs designed to give back in exchange for this commitment – including scholarship opportunities available to veterans and dependents of military service members.
To assist in their search for financial aid, the AffordableCollegesOnline.org has created a scholarship resource that encompasses all that military dependents or veterans would need to know in order to take advantage of these financial resources. Check it out here:
Guide to Veteran & Dependent Scholarships