Last Updated on July 31, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Sometimes it might be difficult to get the right information you are searching for on the internet. However, this doesn’t mean there are no right information out there like the article below. The article below brings you the best and latest information on Seattle university majors, Seattle university graduate programs.
You can also find updated, related posts on Seattle university engineering, Seattle university courses on collegelearners.
We are fully committed to graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling a grace-filled community.
Best universities in Seattle
There are the universities in Seattle Washington.
Seattle is an American metropolis in the northwestern state of Washington, constructed as a port town on the Atlantic Ocean. It is a modern city that retains its traditional industries and is one of the most dynamic and student friendly locations in the United States. Education is an integral part of the city, with eight higher learning institutions and more than half of the population has a college degree.
Despite a northern location, Seattle experiences a year-round mild climate. The city has a dedicated monorail system and students can experience sights such as the Experience Music Project (EMP) Museum, or the Husky Stadium, home to NFL team the Seattle Seahawks and the University of Washington Seattle American football team. The tallest building is the Columbia Centre skyscraper in the downtown district, which is 943 feet tall and has the highest viewing platform on the West Coast.
The city has a thriving music scene and was the birthplace of grunge which saw the success of many bands including Nirvana. There is also a history of jazz which sparked the careers of figures such as Ray Charles and Quincy Jones.
Seattle is also hailed as the birthplace of many big corporations including Microsoft, Starbucks, and Amazon.
Below are the best universities to study at in Seattle.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is a public research university and the largest site in an academic complex that also includes campuses in Bothell and Tacoma.https://027a3888afc1e6c59260c9d2028cd58a.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html
In total there are 10 academic schools and five colleges, focusing on liberal arts, pre-professional programmes, and research. Founded in 1919, the school of aquatic and fishery sciences at the university is one of the oldest departments of its kind in the United States.
There are also 10 distinct artistic centres at the university. The Burke Museum has research and collections in the fields of biology, palaeontology and geology, and the school of drama produces theatrical performances open to the student body and local public.
American football games are played at Husky Stadium, which can seat over 70,000 spectators and is recognised as one of the loudest arenas in the United States.
Notable alumni include actor Joel McHale, co-founder of Baskin-Robbins Irv Robbins, co-founder of Myspace Chris DeWolfe, novelist Marilynne Robinson and martial artist Bruce Lee.
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University is a liberal arts institution affiliated with the Free Methodist Church. The primary 43 acre campus is located in Fremont, four miles from the downtown area.
As well as its college of arts and sciences, the university has departments in health sciences, economics, psychology, education and theology. In total there are 65 majors and 57 minors options, and top ranking courses are in engineering and business. The average class size is 22, although almost half of all classes will have less than 20 students. Four doctorate programmes are offered at the graduate school.
The central academic administration building is Demaray Hall, which can be identified by its clock tower, a symbol of the university. The oldest building on campus is Alexander Hall, which houses the theology department. Ames Library is the primary study facility on campus, and contains 250,000 print volumes, and hosts a weekly symposium known as Creative Conversations.https://027a3888afc1e6c59260c9d2028cd58a.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html
The university also hosts a wilderness field station in the San Juan Islands, and Camp Casey, a camping retreat and conference centre.
As well as the liberal arts, the university offers courses in pre-professional studies, theology, and law. The humanities department is known as the Matteo Ricci College, and offers a Jesuit-led education with an interdisciplinary focus.
Athletics teams are known as the Redhawks and have competed in the NCAA Division I since 2009. The Eisiminger Fitness Centre is open to all students, is 180,000² ft and contains both cardio and weight facilities.
A major event in the university calendar is Quadstock, a music festival featuring indie music and other live events, taking place on Union Green and the Quad area of campus for which it is named.
Alumni include Medal of Honour recipient William Swenson, Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan, and author Gerri Russell. The university motto translates as “for the difference we make”.
The Best 10 Colleges & Universities in Seattle, WA
- 1. University of Washington159Colleges & UniversitiesSee businesses at this location(206) 543-21001400 NE Campus PkwyUniversity District“, and when I was applying to colleges and universities as a teen, the UW (U-Dub) was my first choice” more
- 2. Seattle University33Colleges & UniversitiesSee businesses at this location(206) 296-5510901 12th AveCentral District“Stopped in to visit my daughter for her 1st year here. She took me on a tour of the school. Very impressive setup. It’s the perfect school that I would want. Everything here is pretty much walking distance. The book store was just re-located to the other end from her dorm. It’s a little farther now…” more
- 3. Seattle Pacific University20Colleges & UniversitiesSee businesses at this location(206) 281-20003307 3rd Ave WQueen Anne“, and took its present moniker in 1977. Seattle Pacific University is a member of the Christian College” more
- 4. Northeastern University – SeattleColleges & Universities(206) 467-5480401 Terry Ave NSouth Lake Union
- 5. Antioch University Seattle8Colleges & UniversitiesSound Community Bank at this location.(206) 441-53522400 3rd AveBelltown“Hmmm…. I don’t really know yet, I’m still in the midst of it but here’s my second quarter review… My oversized left brain seems to really be challenged here regularly, the organization of the administrative functions and way the enrollment process works leaves MUCH to be desired. The fact…” more
- 6. Seattle Central College64Colleges & UniversitiesSee businesses at this location(206) 934-38001701 BroadwayCapitol Hill“I love the inclusiveness of this school and the progressive ideals they support. I’ve had many impressive and caring instructors – the STEM programs are amazing! And thankfully I had a fantastic teacher mentor (through the a STEM club) who helped guide me through the transfer process so that when I…” more
- 7. University of Washington2Colleges & Universities315 Hec Edmundson PavillionUniversity District“Beautiful campus and in the fall it is amazing! I love the architecture and the placement of the Quad and Red Square. It was a rainy day so no clear view of Mt. Rainer from Red Square. It was the weekend of the Apple Cup the prestigious bragging rights of the champions of Washington. Walking…” more
- 8. Northwest University24Colleges & UniversitiesAerie Cafe and The Caf at this location.(425) 822-82665520 108th Ave NE“I attended both undergrad and graduate school here at NU in their night program. What a relief! In the Seattle area, it can be difficult to find a good school to attend at night. Work my day job and school one night a week. It’s an adjustment at first, but the professors and students I have met…” more
- 9. City University of Seattle12Colleges & UniversitiesStarbucks at this location.(206) 239-4500521 Wall StDenny Triangle“Disclaimer: I did not take any degree-level programs here, so I cannot answer questions or comment on any aspect of the under/graduate experience. I was simply a student of the Washington Academy of Languages (WAL, for short). OVERALL: 7.666/10. For the price, caliber, convenience, and overall…” more
- 10. Argosy University6Colleges & Universities(866) 283-27772601-A Elliott AveBelltown“ of a paper mill and I wish I started out a different college or university with real class time. Every” more