Last Updated on February 3, 2023 by Omoyeni Adeniyi
The news article gives you a glimpse of the graduation rate of the university of arizona, one of the top colleges in the country. Of course, there are other important factors as well, such as living costs, tuition fees, etc.
Not only that, it also offers further information on university of arizona graduation rate, university of arizona acceptance rate, university of arizona retention rate, university of arizona graduate programs, university of arizona job placement rate and university of arizona tuition. Need more information on university of arizona graduation rate. You will find more in related articles on collegelearners.org.
is university of arizona a good school
With 81.0% of students making it past their freshman year, University of Arizona has freshman retention rates above the national average.
Nationwide, the average first year to second year retention rate is 69.0% . When looking at just colleges and universities in Arizona , the average is 64.0% .
Arizona Freshmen Retention Rate Rankings
Nationwide Ranking (715 out of 3,392 )worsebetterArizona Ranking (7 out of 55 )worsebetter
university of arizona
The University of Arizona is a public land-grant research university with a huge 392 Acre campus in Tucson, Arizona. Founded in 1885 by the 13th Arizona Territorial Legislature, it was the first university in the Arizona Territory and a member of theAssociation of American Universities. This refers to the 62 leading publicand private research universities in the USA. The total enrollment of The University of Arizona is more than 47,300. The university has received nearly 48,000 applications for 1st year admission. Check: University of Arizona Student Profiles
Students can pursue their education through 20 colleges and 12 schools on the 4 areas of university campuses. International students can choose from more than 300 undergraduate majors, minors, over 100 masters programs, 150 doctoral programs, and more than 60 graduate certificate programs in The University of Arizona. The university offers Accelerated Masters Programs (AMP) providing together a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree within 5 years. The university also offers dual graduate degrees assisting in reduction of degree completion time.
Tuition cost ranges around 27 lakhs INR for undergraduate programs and 44 lakhs INR for graduate programs admission to The University of Arizona. Students planning to reside on campus can estimate an expense of 13,350 USD (9.91 lakh INR) for living and boarding. International students can fund their full tuition fees at The University of Arizona with various merit-based grants, loans, and, scholarships.
The university is known for its groundbreaking research in Biospehere 2, a unique research facility. It is one of the top 20 public research institutions in USA with an annual research expenditure pushing $800 million. The research centre offers study in Earth, ecosystem and the universe. The land-grant university ensures placement of 92% of its students with an average salary of 77,000 USD per annum. The university boasts 2 independently accredited medical schools in Tucson and Phoenix. Healthcare and Alternative Medicine professionals are the highest paid graduates of The University of Arizona, earning 575,000 USD annually. Some of the top employers hiring The University of Arizona graduates include Boeing, Tesla, American Express, Goldman Sachs, Google, Apple, Honeywell, and Microsoft among others.
Explore: Jobs after studying in USA
The University of Arizona is among the Top 1% of 20,000 universities worldwide according to the Center for World University Rankings. It is also one of the Top 100 universities in the world as per the U.S. News and World Report on Best Global Universities. Starting right from its establishment in 1885, the university has been an integral part of global scientific advancement- ranging from lunar maps used by NASA to land on the moon to now having Nobel Prize winning faculty, & distinguished alumni in the field of science.
The University of Arizona Rankings
The University of Arizona was founded in 1885 and has built a reputation for being one of the highest quality public universities in the USA. The university has improved its rank from #=268 in 2022 to #=262 in 2023 in QS World University Rankings. Some of the rankings, recognitions and achievements of The University of Arizona are as follows:
- Top-100-ranked university in the USA (as per US News 2021 rankings). This brings University of Arizona into the top 0.47% of Universities globally.
- Top 20 Public Research Institution as per the National Science foundation becoming the world leader in research and innovation.
- QS World University Ranking: #268
- THE (Times Higher Education) World University Ranking: #150
- Graduate Employability Rankings by QS Global World Rankings, 2022: #171-180
- US College Rankings by Times Higher Education, 2022: #131
- National Universities by US News and World Report, 2023: #105
- Best Value Schools by US News and World Report, 2023: #143
The university made it to the top 300 Global Universities and is ranked by well-known ranking agencies, such as ARWU, CWUR, U.S. News & Report, and more. Rankings are based on global and regional research reputation, citation, publications, collaboration, books, etc. Following are the subject specific ranking comparison of some of the top universities in USA according to U.S. News and World Report, 2022:
|Disciplines||University of Arizona||Georgia Institute of Technology||University of Texas – Austin|
|Management Information Systems||#4||#5||#3|
Check the following comparisons:
|The University of Arizona vs UCLA||The University of Arizona vs UC Berkeley|
|The University of Arizona vs Arizona State University||The University of Arizona vs University at Buffalo|
The University of Arizona Campus and Accommodation
The campus of The University of Arizonais divided into 4 areas, known as districts namely, Park district, Highland district, Historic district, and North district. The student population of UA Campus is more than 35,000 representing nearly 112 different countries and altogether 50 states.
- The campus has over 100 research centers and institutions that provide the necessary infrastructure to the students and faculty.
- AU is home to exceptional museums and archives that are resources to students and teachers. Arizona State Museum is the oldest and largest anthropological research museum in the US.
- There are more than 600 different student organizations and clubs, 17 sports teams are there in the campus.
- The Spring Fling event of UAis the largest student-run carnival in the United States.
- The university fest ZonaZoo, is the Nation’s largest and loudest student fest in the USA.
- Student recreation centers, movie theatres, healthcare facilities, libraries, shops, and restaurants are the various other facilities available to the students on the campus.
The University of Arizona Accommodation
The University of Arizona provides on-campus residence facilities to its students across the four areas of campus. More than 80% of students who live on the campus are first-year students.
- There are altogether 23 residence halls available to the students with single, double, triple, suite-style or apartment type rooms.
- Maricopa is the only dorm, which is meant for only women.
- Honors village is the hub for the honors community while Manzanita-Mohave is home to many Fine Arts majors.
Explore: Student housing in USA
The rates of the on-campus residence at The University of Arizona are as follows:
|Room Type||Equivalent Cost in INR|
|Dorm||5.13 to 7.21 lakhs|
|Single Occupancy||7.7 to 10.81 lakhs|
|Honors Village||7.49 to 10.43 lakhs|
The University of Arizona Programs
The university offers 300 undergraduate majors and around 500 graduate programs. This includes over 150 master’s programs, more than 100 doctoral programs, and, over 60 graduate certificate courses. The programsare offered through 20 colleges and 12 schools.
- Undergraduate courses are offered in Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Applied Science, and Bachelor of Fine Arts.
- Graduate programs are offered in MS, MAC, MAE, and MFA.
- UA offers over 100 degrees as online learning through Arizona Online.
University of Arizona Top Programs
The University of Arizona Admission Process
The University of Arizona accepts applications for admission on a rolling basis. Students take admission for the sessions of fall, spring and summer. The admission details are as follows:
- Undergraduate: Common Application/ Coalition Application Portal
- Graduate: Apply online using GradApp
- Undergraduate: 85 USD (~6,300 INR)
- Graduate: 95 USD (~7,051 INR)
Admission Requirements: Following are The University of Arizona admission requirements:
- Official high school transcript(s)/Official college/university transcript(s)
- High-school diploma or certificate (undergraduate courses)
- GPA- A minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (~83-86%)
- Health insurance
- Personal statement
- Passport and F-1 or J-1 visa
- Financial certificate or bank guarantee
- English proficiency test scores
First Year Application Deadline(s):
- Spring 2023:
- Application Open: April 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
Admission deadlines for the graduate courses are determined by specific department.
The University of Arizona Cost of Attendance
The University of Arizona assists students to get an estimated budget to study in USA. The annual cost of attendance includes tuition fees, books, living expenses, and required health insurance. The following table includes the average cost of attendance for the undergraduate programs at The University of Arizona:
|Type of Expenditure||Estimated Annual Cost in INR|
|Tuition and Fees||27.98 lakhs|
|Living Expenses (Room and Board)||10.2 lakhs|
|Book and Supplies||45,800|
|Health Insurance||1.98 lakhs|
The cost of attendance for the graduate programs at The University of Arizona are as follows:
|Category||Cost for Non-Resident Students (INR)|
|Housing and meals||10.29 lakhs|
|Books and supplies||95,070|
One-time Enrollment Fee for:
- Spring: 395 USD (~29,321 INR),
- Fall: 425 USD (~31,550 INR).
The University of Arizona Scholarships
The university offers several financial aids in the form of scholarships, undergraduate grants, loans, and federal work-study programs to meet their financial expenses. Arizona Assurance, Achievement Award, Federal Pell Grant, Pell Pledge Grant, and many other institutional and federal grants are available to the students on need-basis. Unlike loans, the amount of grants does not have to be repaid.
- Scholarships for Indian students in USA are awarded to those students, who show excellent academic performance.
- International students are eligible for scholarships on merit basis.
- Need-based scholarships are usually not awarded to the international population.
Here is a list of some popular scholarships available to international students:
|Name of Scholarship||Source||Eligibility||Scholarship Amount per Academic Year|
|Global Wildcat Award||The University of Arizona||Required GPA- 3.25/4.0 (~87-88%) or higher||2,000-20,000 USD|
|Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship||Merit-based award to support women pursuing studies in Technology||10,000 USD|
|Scholarship by Society of Women Engineers||Society of Women Engineers||Female pursuing an ABET-accredited bachelor or graduate program in Engineering, GPA for freshman- 3.5/4.0 (~89-90%)||Scholarships are valued at more than 500,000 USD|
The University of Arizona Alumni
The Alumni Association includes more than 300,000 members from over 150 countries. The alumni offer scholarships worth 1 million USD to students every year. Some of the popular alumni of The University of Arizona are listed below:
- Adia Barnes (Olympian),
- Joseph M “Joe” Acaba (Astronaut in NASA),
- Brigetta Barret (Olympian),
- Betsey Bayless (former Secretary of State).
The University of Arizona Placements
The university conducts career fairs and workshops almost every month to help the students to get placed. Nearly 91% of the engineering graduates from the university are placed after their studies. Most of the graduate students start their own business or receive at least one job offer after six months of completion of studies. 86% of full-time MBAs are employed after 90 days of graduation. Currently, the average salary of The University of Arizona graduates is 77,000 USD per annum.
Career Center provides dedicated career services to its students to assist them in enhancing post-study plans in USA. These includes workshops, career fairs, internship and job postings and more. After two years of graduation, the employment rate is 92%, whereas, after 6 years of graduation, the employment rate is 89%.
The University of Arizona is one of the best institutions to study abroad offering admission acros a large variety of programs. With a lightly selective admission policy, the university admits a huge number of candidates every year. The admission requirements in this university are easily achievable by meritorious students, even while the university keeps in mind the standard of education. With excellent scholarship opportunities and high employability rate, the university carries true spirit of studying in USA.