Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
The University of Buckingham is a member of Safari Education’s “Higher Education” division. The University Of Buckingham has over 150 years’ experience in delivering academic excellence combined with outstanding student satisfaction, making it one of the most successful privately funded universities in the UK. Do you want to university of Buckingham then one needs to know all about the school such as University Of Buckingham Acceptance Rate, university of buckingham ranking, university of buckingham tuition, university of buckingham world ranking, university of buckingham medicine & university of buckingham fees for international students
The easiest way for anyone thinking of how they can retrieve info on University of Buckingham is to confirm from reliable websites for free. Digging in the internet for a reliable website has been put to a stop by just discovering the Collegelearners website where all information related to University of Buckingham are available for you. From the University of Buckingham ranking, University of Buckingham tuition fees, to University of Buckingham acceptance rate and also information on University of Buckingham scholarship, you can do no wrong in searching for the information you need on Collegelearners .com. So you can get this and more on this website.
University Of Buckingham Overview
University of Buckingham was established in the year 1973 as University College and University in 1983. The University is located in Buckingham, England and is the only independent University in the UK with a Royal Charter. The Campus holds more than 100 other nationalities which broadens the horizon and students get to learn so much from each other.The University’s schools are Education, Law , Humanities, Arts and Language, Science and Medicine and Business.
University of Buckingham is awarded QAA quality Mark for meeting the standards set by QAA for quality and standards in the QAA Review. In 2017 University was judged by the Teaching Excellence Framework panel to be “of the highest quality found in the UK” and given a gold award.
The fact that various ranking agencies have ranked University of Buckingham at the top of their ranking list gives us proof that it is one of the best universities to study in the UK. The university has a total enrollment of 3,070 students of which the total undergraduate enrollment at the university is 1,525 and the total graduate enrollment at the university is 1,545.
- The University of Buckingham opens applications for September and January sessions.
- Selected applicants receive admission notification through email. The institute tries to give decisions within one week of receiving the completed application.
- The deadlines for students applying via UCAS are different from those applying directly through the official website.
- The students applying via the university website can apply anytime until the classes begin.
- Fees may be paid via the Online Payment Portal by two different methods which are Travelex Wire Transfer and Credit or debit card.
- The University aims to provide a decision within one week after receiving the application.
- The University of Buckingham provides a merit scholarship International Undergraduate High Achiever Scholarship worth 2,500 GBP.
- The regional scholarship is available for South-East Asians Vice Chancellor’s Regional Scholarship worth 2000 GBP.
|Type of University||Private|
|Year of Establishment as College||1973|
|Year of Establishment as University||1983|
|Total Undergraduate Enrollment||1,525|
|Total Graduate Enrollment||1,545|
|Student:Academic Staff Ratio||10:4:1|
University of Buckingham Rankings
- University of Buckingham was awarded Gold in the first-ever Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) rankings.
- Ranked in the Top in the National Student Survey (NSS) in student satisfaction in England since 2006.
- Ranked 4th for Student-Staff Ratio in England by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 8th for Teaching Quality in England by The Times and The Sunday Good University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 8th for Student Experience in England by The Times and The Sunday Good University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 5th in Accounting and Finance Subject Rankings in England by Guardian University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 6th in Business, Management and Marketing Subject Rankings in England by Guardian University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 8th in Psychology Subject Ranking Subject Rankings in England by Guardian University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 9th in English and Creative Writing Subject Ranking in England by Guardian University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 16th in Economics Subject Ranking in England by Guardian University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 20th in Law Subject Rankings in England by Guardian University Guide 2019.
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Teaching Excellence by Times Higher Education metrics ranking in 2017.
- Ranked 2nd out of 129 universities in Staff: Student Ratio by The Complete University Guide 2018.
- Ranked 1st out of 129 universities in Satisfied with Course by The Complete University Guide 2018.
- Ranked top five in Safest Campus in England and Wales by The Complete University Guide 2017.
- Ranked 1st in England in regard with upholding Free Speech by Spiked Poll Magazine.
University of Buckingham Campus
University of Buckingham is located in Buckingham, England. The university campus is known as one of the most attractive locations in that particular region. The Great Ouse River which is the home for various wildlives is near to the campus. Most of the classes at University of Buckingham take place at the Franciscan Building and the Chandos Road Building. The university’s library name is Hunter Street Library where students can find thousands of books.
University of Buckingham currently has two libraries, The Hunter Street and Franciscan Libraries. Since the campus of University of Buckingham is closed due to Covid-19, the students still have all the resources available in the libraries via the Subscription Databases, ebooks, ejournals, and useful sites on the web.
The Careers and Employability Hub of University of Buckingham motto is to help the students of the university explore and develop the skills they want to enhance for their future careers. The students have continuous access to job vacancies, career opportunities, e-learning and tools throughout the time the student studies in the university.
Programs offered at University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham offers programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels of study. The university has a supportive environment for students to explore as well as delve deep into their academic study. The university offers a two-year degree structure in a wide range of subjects. The two-year degree structure was designed to fast track the education which when compared to other traditional universities will be completed a year earlier then the later.
Students can also combine this two-year undergraduate degree with a masters degree and complete their undergraduate as well as post graduation in just three years. Students can learn more about this two-year degree by visiting the official website of the university.
University of Buckingham offers a range of master’s degrees. The university also offers postgraduate taught programmes like short courses, postgraduate certificates and graduate diplomas. Some of the Masters degrees offered by University of Buckingham are Msc, MA, MBA, and LLM.
For imparting education in the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, the university has dedicated schools for each department depending on the fields of study. The various schools of University of Buckingham are mentioned-below:
- Business School
- Law School
- School of Humanities and Social Studies
- School of Computing
- School of Psychology
- School of Education
- School of Medicine
Residential Facilities at University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham offers student accommodation to all its students. Students can choose to choose accommodation at Hunter Street Campus and Moreton Road Campus. For undergraduate students, the university recommends that students choose accommodation at Hunter Street Campus and for the Graduate Students, the University recommends that students choose residential facilities at Moreton Campus.
Student Accommodation at Hunter Street
Hunter Street is known as the heart of the campus. The Tanlaw Mill has a student union, bar and gym. There is a cafe nearby at Vinson Building. Students can have access to the laundrette at the Hailsham House. The town is just a 10 minute walk from the Hunter Street Campus and has the Marketing, Journalism, English, Languages, History, Life Sciences, Politics, International Studies and Medicines department located there. The various accommodations available at the Hunter Street Campus are mentioned below:
- Sunley House (Ensuite Room)
- Nortons Place (Accomodation for Couples)
- Mitre Court (Self-Contained and Standard Rooms)
- Hutber House (Standard Rooms)
- Hailsham House (Ensuite and Standard Rooms)
- Bishops Court (Ensuite and Standard Rooms)
- Beloff House (Ensuite Rooms)
The new campus of University of Buckingham is located at Moreton Road and is located in a residential housing estate. Several houses and blocks of flats were bought by the university for the postgraduate students due to its quiet ambience. The Moreton Road accommodation is just 15 minute walk from the town center. Being at a 25 minute walk from the Hunter Street Campus, the properties at Moreton Road are very nice and have a modern feeling. The accommodation at Moreton Road are mentioned-below:
- Moreton Road Flats (Ensuite and Standard Rooms)
- Moreton Road Houses (Ensuite and Standard Rooms)
The Verney Campus is located at a 10 minute walk from the Hunter Street Campus. The Tesco and LLd Supermarket are just a 5 minute walk from the campus. The Verney Park has a free car parking and bicycle storage space. The schools of Applied COmputing, Law and Psychology are located at Verney Park Campus. The various accommodation at the Verney Park Campus ar mentioned-below:
- 25 London Roads ( Standard Rooms)
- Paulley House (Standard Rooms)
- Harris House (Ensuite House)
- Caine House (Self-contained, en suite and Ensuite Rooms)
- Bateman House (Standard Rooms)
All the basic facilities like Wi-fi, heating, lighting and water are available at all the accommodations. The kitchen at all the student accommodations are fully enabled and have all the basic utility items for cooking like cookers, microwaves, freezers, kettles, and toasters. The residential blocks have 24 hour security and a free mini bus service for travelling from campus to campus is also available. Students can look at each of the accommodations in the videos available at the official website of the university.
University Of Buckingham Admission Process
International students at the university come from various countries across the world. The student population comprises 11% students from Asia Pacific, 8% from Sub Saharan and Indian Ocean and 4% from Middle East and North Africa. The percentage clearly shows that the university boasts excellent international student diversity.
International students who want to seek admissions at University of Buckingham can follow the below-mentioned application process:
Application Fee: The university does not charge any application when you apply directly via the program page. For UCAS Application the students have to pay the application fee.
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Application Form
- Application Fee (for UCAS Applicants)
- Scores of Standardized Exams to Study in the UK
- Original Certificates and Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS Score)
- Two References
- Details about Work Experience
Proof of English Proficiency
International applicants need to show proof of English Proficiency to seek admissions in the university as well as to obtain a student visa to study in the UK. The university accepts the scores of TOEFL, IELTS, CPE and PTE as proof of English proficiency. The required minimum score to be eligible to seek admissions for undergraduate and postgraduate levels at University of Buckingham is mentioned-below:
|English Proficiency Test Score||Undergraduate Levels||Graduate Levels|
|IELTS||6.5 (average )|
6.0 (in each component)
6.0 (in each component)
|Cambridge Certificate of English Proficiency (CPE)||176-184 (175 in each component)||Not Accepted|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)||59-65 (with 4 minimum components scores of 59)||59-65 ( with 4 minimum scores of 59)|
University Of Buckingham Admission Deadlines
All applicants are required to follow the set deadlines. Applicants are also required to track their application status.
Since undergraduate applicants can apply either through UCAS or online university application, admission deadlines vary. The deadlines for the international applicants applying through online university application are given as follows:
|Intake season||Application Deadline|
|University Application Deadlines|
|January||January 29, 2021|
In case of postgraduate applicants, the application deadlines vary from program to program. Applicants are required to check the individual course pages for the specific application deadlines.
University of Buckingham International Student Admissions
University of Buckingham has a 2700+ student population hailing from more than 100 countries. The University accepts international students give they meet the set deadlines, submit the appropriate documents and fulfill all the requirements. In order to become an international student at University of Buckingham, applicants must follow the requirements given below:
Application Fee- Nil for online university application and 20 GBP for UCAS single course application.
Admission requirements- In order to be eligible for University of Buckingham Admissions, international applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed Application Form
- Official transcripts of high school or college
- English proficiency test scores
- Letters of Reference (one for UG; two for PG)
- Personal Statement
- Details of your work experience
- Copy of passport
- Informal Interview (if required)
English Proficiency Test Scores
International applicants are required to furnish proof of English language proficiency through any one of the following test scores
|English Proficiency Test||Minimum score|
|IELTS||overall 6.5 with 6 minimum 6.0 in each component|
|International Baccalaureate English Language||4|
|CPE||176-184 with minimum individual band score of 175|
|PTE||59-65 with 4 minimum component scores of 59|
TOEFL and IELTS test scores are valid for a period up to two years. International applicants who do not fulfill the English language proficiency requirements can take the English Foundation courses offered by the University of Buckingham to become eligible for admission.
Visa Process for International Students
New students can apply for general student visa for UK no more than 3 months before the start of their course. Visa applications can take at least 3-4 weeks for processing so allow as long as possible. International applicants need to submit following documents in the Visa Requirement Checklist collated by the University of Buckingham to ensure that the visa process runs smoothly:
- Completed Online Application Form and Application Fee payment
- Current passport
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number issued by the University of Buckingham (valid only for 6 months)
- Original academic transcripts and English proficiency test scores.
- Passport size photograph
- TB test result certificate
- Immigration Healthcare Surcharge fee
- Original Financial Documents
University of Buckingham Undergraduate Admission
University of Buckingham offers undergraduate degree programs in a number of disciplines including psychology, business, computing, humanities and social sciences, law, medicine and health.
Application fee- Nil for online university application and 20 GBP for UCAS single course application
Admission Requirements- Applicants are required to submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Official high school transcripts
- One Letter of Reference from current or last school attended
- Personal Statement
- Copy of passport
- English proficiency test scores
Specific undergraduate admission requirements for a few countries are given below:
|India||Three A-levels at grade B or higher; IB score between 29 and 34|
|Pakistan||Bachelor of Arts/Commerce (Pass); Higher Secondary Certificate at minimum 50% + Foundation; GCE A level with an average grade of B|
|Japan||IB score between 31 and 34; A level- BBB; Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate + International Foundation Program.|
|Sri Lanka||IB score between 29 and 34; 3 Sri Lankan GCE A levels with an average grade of B; 3 GCE A levels with a minimum grade of B|
University of Buckingham Graduate Admissions
University of Buckingham offers a total of 100+ master’s degree programs, doctoral level programs, postgraduate certificates and graduate diplomas in a number of disciplines including psychology, business, computing, humanities and social sciences, law, medicine and health.
Where to apply- Students are required to fill the Online Application
Application fee- Nil for online university application
- Official college transcripts
- Two Letters of Reference from current or last college/ university attended
- Personal Statement
- Copy of passport
- English proficiency test scores
There are no program- specific document requirements.
The Admission Office of the University of Buckingham reviews applications on an individual basis and factors like work experience, academic records and extracurricular achievements are granted importance while selection of applicants for admissions. Applicants may also be asked to appear for an interview. International applicants who do not fulfill the English language proficiency requirements can take the English Foundation courses and become eligible for University of Buckingham Admissions. Selected applicants receive admission notification through email within a period of one week.
University Of Buckingham Cost of Attendance
The various costs which are covered by students while studying at University of Buckingham are mentioned-below:
|Undergraduate Tuition Fee||Cost (in USD)|
|September 2020 Start (8-term Business Degree)||£34,800|
|September 2020 Start (9-term degree)||£35,600|
|January 2021 Start||£35,600|
The tuition and fee for individual postgraduate degrees varies from program to program. Students can check the tuition and fee for each program by visiting the individual program page. The living expenses for international students are mentioned below:
|Living Expense||Cost per Year|
|Accomodation (including utilities)||£5,000 – £7,500|
|Entertainment, bar, etc||£1,000|
University Of Buckingham Scholarships and Financial Aid
University of Buckingham offers financial support for international students to afford study in the UK. The financial support is offered in the form of scholarships and bursaries. These scholarships are offered to students who are studying in both undergraduate and graduate levels. The various scholarships offered for international students is mentioned-below:
For Undergraduate Students
- High Achiever Scholarship – Students who achieve AAB or equivalent A-level results are offered £2,000.
- The University of Buckingham Bursary – Students studying in a two-year degree and linked to household income are offered £2,000.
- The Lillingstone Trust Scholarship – Students studying in a two-year undergraduate degree in the fields of computing or psychology and have joined in September are offered an award of £13,000 scholarship towards their tuition fee.
For Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate First-Class Scholarship – Students who are graduates with first-class honours degree program recognized to UK Standards are offered a 33 percent discount.
- Buckingham Postgraduate Discount – A discount of 25% is offered for Buckingham Graduates in a 2:1 undergraduate degree progressing to masters course.
- The Ondaatje Scholarships – Scholarship amount of £4000 is offered to postgraduate students to be paid towards their masters education.
- Leche Trust Bursary – A 44% discount is offered to international students toward their education expenses.
The university also offers course specific scholarships for all the students. The course-specific scholarship offered by the university is mentioned-below:
- The Kingham Scholarship – £25,000 will be paid to students in Business Enterprise and who have a great business plan.
- Diversity in Computing Scholarships and Bursaries – £2000 will be towards the undergraduate tuition fee.
- Computing Postgraduate Research Scholarship – Research students studying the field of Computing will be paid the amount for covering tuition fee, UK travel, and also the living expenses.
- MSc Computing (by Research): Deep Learning and Decision Understanding and Visualisation – Scholarship will be offered to students to cover their full tuition fees. Also, students will be paid a fixed monthly stipend.
- Coase Scholarships – £10,000 scholarship will be awarded to cover the tuition fees.
- PPE Bursary – Means-based bursary of £12,888 will be paid.
- The Paul E H Davis Award – Tuition fees will be reduced on education of MA English Literature or Research English, History and Biography.
- Scholarships for Law Students – LLB and LLM scholarships will be awarded.
University of Buckingham regularly published the alumni stories. The university has a separate portal for the alumni where they can update information about themselves. The details of all the alumni are there and students can reconnect with their ex-classmates.
Various events are also hosted by the university for the alumni. The university offered several services to the alumni of the university and some of them are:
- Get Your Transcript – Ex-Students can request for transcripts from the university anytime.
- Access our Career Services – Alumni of the university are offered with assistance in hunting and applying for jobs via the career portal of the university. Ex-students can apply as well as seek help like Resume creation and other services from the university.
- Using the Library – Ex-students have lifelong access to the resources available at the Library.