Last Updated on December 13, 2022 by Omoyeni Adeniyi
Admission rates are another important factor to consider when planning to apply to university of leicester. Admission rates are another important factor to consider when applying to, or preparing for, a university.
For students that may have questions regarding university of leicester acceptance rate, university of leicester acceptance rate for international students, university of leicester acceptance rate 2019, university of leicester acceptance rate 2020 & university of leicester tuition fees for international students. You will also find up to date related articles on university of leicester acceptance rate on koboguide.
Leicester University is a leading university dedicated to global excellence, changing research and high-quality, inspired teaching. Research-intensive universities, the university’s research personnel are setting new ground and guidelines that will improve the situation in the UK and the world. Leicester’s staff and students are consistently ranked amongst the top 250 universities in the world (the QS World University Rankings). Leicester has been awarded its 1957 Royal Charter, now a leading UK research university and is proud to make positive contributions to health, culture, society and the environment. In three academic colleges it offers more than 350 degree programs: medicine, biology and psychology, science and engineering, arts and humanities. Its ethos underlines an interdisciplinary approach, innovation and cooperation.
The University of Leicester is located in England, UK. In the 2018-19 entrance, 1,850 white candidates applied for admission to the University of Leicester, out of which, 96% of the applicants received an offer to join the university for admission. In the same year, 2180 BAME (Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic) students applied for admission in the university and 92.4% received an offer. These statistics show that getting admitted to the University of Leicester can be a cakewalk if a few key points are kept in mind. The college offers several undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees to its students.
- Applying to any college or university in the UK for UG courses must be done through Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS). Along with the online application, a personal statement in the candidate’s own words must also be sent.
- The whole of the admission process, the application fee, the required documents must be uploaded online through the UCAS portal.
- Every year the University of Leicester starts accepting applications at the start of September for admission of students in the month of October for the next year. The deadline is set to be January 15 for all the programs except the department of Medicine which accepts applications till October 15.
- While making your application at the UCAS website use code LEICR L34, to symbolize admissions at the University of Leicester.
- Due to the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, the university has introduced a new way of study and learning through Ignite, which combines face to face personal learning experience with digital learning. This initiative taken by the university ensures that learning never stops for students even in the time of a pandemic, without jeopardizing their safety.
- Through Ignite, the students can choose between offline university learning and online virtual learning and switch according to their needs and requirements.
- The university has cancelled and postponed several events and functions to avoid the spreading of the disease and ensure the health and security of the students.
|Mode of Payment
|Credit card/ debit card
|English Proficiency Test
|TOEFL, IELTS, PTE
|Scholarships and Aids
|For related information
|[email protected] (UG) [email protected] (PG)
1Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons) – UndergraduateEnquire2Accounting BSc (Hons) – UndergraduateEnquire3Aerospace Engineering (with a year abroad) BEng (Hons) – UndergraduateEnquire4Aerospace Engineering (with a Year in Industry) BEng (Hons) – UndergraduateEnquire5Aerospace Engineering BEng (Hons) – UndergraduateEnquire6Aerospace Engineering (with a year abroad) MEng (Hons) – PostgraduateEnquire7Aerospace Engineering (with a Year in Industry) MEng (Hons) – PostgraduateEnquire8Aerospace Engineering MEng (Hons) – PostgraduateEnquire9Applied and Environmental Geology MGeol – PostgraduateEnquire10Biological Sciences (Biochemistry) MBiolSci – PostgraduateEnquireWhat do I Need to Get in6.5(6.5)For UG Courses6.5(6.5)For PG CoursesLocation
The buildings of the University of Leicester represent over a century of architectural styles that reflect our heritage and development. The first university building, Fielding Johnson, dates back to 1837 and is a fine example of late Georgian design. Many of the more recent buildings have received architectural awards for excellence in architecture.
All buildings are within a few minutes ‘ walk of each other on the compact campus of the University of Leicester. Leicester Train Station is within walking distance of the campus, although stores, the cinema complex, local shops, bars and restaurants are all within walking distance. East McCain Airport is the nearest airport which serves 28 different countries.
With a population of more than 300,000, Leicester is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city in the heart of England. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, Leicester is just an hour’s drive from London by rail and is within easy reach of many other major cities and places of interest, including Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare, Oxford and Cambridge.