Last Updated on February 5, 2023 by Omoyeni Adeniyi
Your first step in becoming a student is to complete your online application and submit the non-refundable application fee. The University offers undergraduate, graduate, pre-professional, and certificate programs in various fields of study. Find out more about university of stirling acceptance rate.
You can learn more about these articles on university of stirling acceptance rate, university of stirling ranking, glasgow university acceptance rate, university of edinburgh acceptance rate, university of stirling requirements, university of stirling ranking 2020 and so on on Collegelearners.
University of Stirling
Infrastructure of The University of Stirling.
|Cost of living||$662 -1,239 USD/month|
The University of Stirling accepts 1 in every 5 students, making the acceptance rate 20%. The University is a highly selective educational institution with a student to teacher ratio being 10:1. The University is based in Stirling, Scotland and offers over 60 undergraduate programs and over 90 postgraduate programs.
The University of Stirling has opened its applications for the academic year 2021. Here are a few things to consider before you decide to make an application for admission at the University of Stirling.
- The programs can be campus-based, part time, or online.
- Applicants may apply via UCAS ( and upload necessary documents on UCAS portal or directly via UG Stirling Portal / PG Stirling Portal, where they can upload their documents.
- The University accepts applications the entire year, however, International Students are recommended to apply 8 weeks before the course joining date.
- Students are automatically considered for the university’s merit based scholarships when they fill the online application or while filling their annual fee.
- An International Student who wants to study in the UK receives 8000- 1000 EUR as a scholarship by the University on average.
- The international student population is 20% of the total.
- The Autumn 2020 session is scheduled to start by October 12th, 2020, delayed by the Covid-19 crisis.
|Application Portal||UCAS Portal; PG Stirling Portal; UG Stirling Portal|
|Application Fees||20 EUR/25 EUR|
|Mode of Payment||Credit card/ ALiPAy/Union Pay/Western UNion|
|Work Experience||As required by the course|
|Financial Aid||Loans, Grants, Scholarships|
University of Stirling Acceptance Rate
The 53 year old university is very selective while accepting admissions to its cadre. A candidate’s past academic records are carefully scrutinized while deciding whether to accept admission. The average acceptance rate of Stirling University lies around 10-20%.
Applicants should have an average academic score of:
- 3.2 GPA out of 5
- 32 in IB or
- 80% aggregate marks in their finals
University of Stirling Admission Deadlines
The application form is available throughout the year, students can apply any time. Considering the time taken by the University to process the application, students are recommended to send in the application 8 weeks prior to the joining date.
University of Stirling International Students Admissions
The university’s flexible degree along with a thriving student community spread across a stunning 330-acre campus is one of the many reasons why undergraduate applicants should go for Stirling. Given below are the requirements for International Undergraduate applicants to apply at UCAS:
- Applicants who want to apply for full-time undergraduate study can apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). However, if an applicant only wants to apply to the University of Stirling, then they can apply directly for a full-time course.
- The University offers an option to start your full-time degree in January on some selective courses. Applications for January entry must be made directly to the University and not through UCAS portal.
- If an applicant is from the USA and is liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate and are not applying via UCAS or directly to the university, then they can apply via the Common Application.
- UCAS offers a part-time study option on some undergraduate courses. Part-time study is not available for those who require a T4 visa. For part-time study starting in September or January, applicants need to apply directly to the university.
- All International Undergraduate applicants must provide evidence of their English language skills. Specific English language requirements are listed on each individual course page on the University’s website.
If an applicant doesn’t qualify, University of Stirling has teamed up with global education leader, INTO University Partnerships, to deliver dynamic programmes to support non-qualified applicants transition into Stirling. INTO University of Stirling’s integrated academic programmes offer progression to a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at the University of Stirling.
Application Portal: Students can apply online via UCAS Portal or directly via UG Stirling Portal / PG Stirling Portal for graduate, undergraduate and additional programs.
Application Fee: 20 EUR
Application Requirements: Applicants must submit the following documents :
- Completed Application form
- Statement of Purpose to study in UK
- Official High School/College Transcripts
- English Proficiency Test Results
- CV (if applicable)
- One Letter of Recommendation (postgraduate programs only)
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Personal Details page of Visa Application
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
All International applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit English Proficiency Test Results. However, students with a score of at least 70% in Class 12th or English being the medium of instruction during graduation need not take these tests. They have to produce proof for the same.
The minimum score requirement for all other students for different tests are as follows :
Visa Process for International Students
As COVID-19 pandemic impacts international students and their education, the United Kingdom government is yet to open ways for non essential international travel and give updates on the same.
The regular process to apply for a General Student Visa in UK (Tier 4) is as follows :
International applicants must apply for a General Student Visa (Tier 4) right after getting accepted to the university, which should ideally be 3 months prior to starting their term at the university.
Documents to provide while applying for visa –
- Current Passport
- Current Photograph
- Financial Documentation
- Proof of parental/guardian’s consent if under 18
- Proof of relationship with parent if under 18
- Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) by a TIER 4 Sponsor
- Passing Certificate of SELT Test (English Language adequacy test)
Any questions regarding the Visa can be directed towards the International Advisor of University of Stirling [email protected]
University of Stirling Country Specific Requirements
University of stirling is an international university that welcomes students across the globe with proud Scottish hospitality. With a spectacular and lush 330 acres campus, UCAS has a long history of supporting international students to become global citizens and forge successful careers around the world.
Given below are the country-specific requirements for international students:
|India||Direct Entry to 1st Year: Year 12 Grade – cumulative score of 65% and above.|
Advanced Entry to 2nd Year: Year 12 Grade – cumulative score of 75% and above.
|Score of 50% from Tier 1 College/ University (namely University of Mumbai, University of Calcutta, University of Delhi)|
|Bangladesh||UCAS normally requires school leavers from Bangladesh to complete a Foundation Year for entry to the University. Visit the University’s website to learn more about their foundation courses.||Master’s degree (when following a 3 year Bachelor Pass or 4 year Bachelor degree) with a minimum of 60/100|
|Nepal||Successfully completion of the HSC Year 12, with a minimum of 75%.||Minimum score of 70% in 4 year Bachelor’s degree.|
|Singapore||Applicants Holding a BBB at A level.|
Students who have studied a three year Polytechnic Diploma may be suitable for advanced entry into year 2 or 3 of a related four year undergraduate degree and subject to an assessment by the academic department..
|Applicants holding a minimum of a second class, lower division (four year) Bachelor’s degree (Honours).|
|Sri Lanka||Applicants holding BBC at A level.||Minimum of B or 3.0/4 or Lower Second in Bachelor’s Special or Professional degree.|
University of Stirling Undergraduate Admissions
University of Stirling offers over 60 courses in undergraduate programs. Some of the popular undergraduate programs of the University are Accountancy, Business Studies, Nursing and Mathematics.
Where to Apply: UG Stirling Portal or UCAS Portal
Application Fee: 20 EUR
Admission Requirements: Applicants must submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Completed Application form
- Personal Statement
- Official High School
- English Proficiency Test Results
University of Stirling Graduate Programs Admissions
University of Stirling offers over 90 graduate programs. Some of the popular programs are MBA, Finance, Psychology, Public Health, Sport Management.
Here are specific academic requirements for some of the popular graduate programs offered by University of Stirling :
|Requirements||MBA||MSc Finance||MPH Public Health (Online)||MSc Sport Management||Msc Psychology|
|Application Fee||20 EUR||20 EUR||20 EUR||20 EUR||20 EUR|
|Work Experience||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|Interview||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
The processing of applications usually takes 8 weeks. Students are recommended to submit all required documents and transcripts online while submitting their application. Students are usually informed about the status of their admission through email and on the given notification deadline. In view of the Covid-19 crisis, the deadlines and processes might be subjected to change, applicants are suggested to check University of Stirling’s website for updates.