Last Updated on July 31, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
To be sure, getting the right information online doesn’t come easy. However, the article below brings you the best and latest information on university of toronto masters in computer science admission requirements, university of toronto masters in computer science acceptance rate.
On collegelearners, you will also discover up to date, related articles on university of toronto ms in computer science fees
university of toronto masters in data science.
I would recommend you save time and effort by visiting our website as soon as possible.
UOFT CS Graduate Courses
The Master of Science in Applied Computing (MScAC) degree program is committed to educating the next generation of world-class innovators. In a bid to sustain a culture of empowerment and innovation, it is the program’s mission to develop critical human capital for the knowledge economy as well as forge broader University of Toronto academic-industry partnerships.
- MSc in Computer Science at the University of Toronto is offered a full-time basis for a duration of 2 years (4 sessions).
- The Computer Science program at the University of Toronto also ranked 1st in Maclean’s Top 10 in 2020.
- The University of Toronto also ranked 1st in Maclean’s Top 10 in 2020 for engineering programs.
- The MSc degree program is designed for students seeking to be trained as a researcher capable of creating original, internationally recognized research in computer science.
- The faculty of the Department of Computer Science offers courses in a wide range of subject areas, such as:
- Programming languages and methodology
- Software Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Data Structures
- Algorithm design and analysis
- Computational complexity, cryptography, and etc.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:19.
- This program consists of coursework and research, end up in the presentation of a thesis.
- Research Areas are aligned with the activities of the various research groups in the department.
- Students must complete 2.0 graduate full-course equivalents (FCEs) in computer science and a research paper.
- Students can apply for scholarship programs initiated by the Government of Canada up to 40,664 USD per year.
- The average salary goes up to 78,000 USD after completing this program.
University of Toronto MS in Computer science Fees
1st year tuition fees
|Tuition & fees||INR 18,97,508|
Other expenses in 1st year
|Hostel & Meals||INR 5,81,129|
|Incidental/Ancillary Fees||INR 1,02,278|
|Books & School Supplies||INR 81,345|
University of Toronto Masters in Computer Science Admission Requirements
- Applicants should have completed a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, with a final-year average of at least mid-B from a recognized university.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00/4.00, which is equal to 7.0/10 to 7.4/10 CGPA or 70%, in the bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- Completion of 2.0 graduate full-course equivalents (FCEs) in computer science.
- Tests must have been taken within the last 24 months at the time of submission of their application.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and GRE to get admission in this program.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV: This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
Canada Best Business School 2020
World University Ranking
Shanghai Ranking (ARWU) 2019
Times Higher Education (THE) 2020
U.S. News & World Report 2020
Best Global Universities Rankings
University of Toronto Admission Process
International Students interested in applying to the University of Toronto can use the link given for “The University of Toronto International application.”
- Complete the admission application and submit the required documents.
- Apply for a study permit and entry visa once an acceptance letter is received from the university.
- Student’s can obtain applications for these documents from a Canadian embassy or consulate before departing.
- One can also seek help from the Centre for International Experience to have relief while facing unexpected challenges during their stay in Canada.
While applying for an undergraduate program, if a student is under 18, he or she might be asked by Immigration Canada to find a Canadian citizen to act as a guardian.
Career and Placement after Course
Tri-Campus Career Service of the university invites employers to post full-time jobs for its recent graduates. According to payscale.com, following are the highest-paid roles offered to the students of the university:
|Job||Average Salary per Year (in USD)|
|Software Developer||50,250 USD|
|Software Engineer||54,750 USD|
|Project Manager||58,500 USD|
|Data Analyst||39,000 USD|
|Executive Assistant||42,000 USD|
|Data Scientist||57,750 USD|
|Operations Manager||51,750 USD|
UoT Computer Science Concentration
Computer science concentration offers students an advanced understanding of computer science methods, vigorous research training and the opportunity to test your knowledge in the real world through our applied research internship.
We invite students from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds to apply but you must demonstrate a strong background in computer science – preferably through formal academic training at senior undergraduate level
- Completion of an appropriate undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- A standing equivalent of at least B+ (77-79%) in their final year (i.e., two terms) of undergraduate studies (the equivalent of 5 full credits, or 10 half credits).
- Achieved English-language proficiency according to the requirements mentioned below.
- In general, you must show knowledge equivalent to:
- At least three senior level computer science courses equivalent to:
- Algorithms and Complexity (e.g.,CSC 373H)
- Database Systems (e.g.,CSC343H)
- Operating Systems (e.g.,CSC 369H)
- At least three senior level computer science courses equivalent to:
Types of Programs
- More than 70 professional graduate programs in health sciences, management, engineering, and more.
- More than 130 combined degree programs.
- 8 dual degree programs.
- More than 40 collaborative specializations if you are interested in interdisciplinary studies.
- 4 diploma programs for professionals who would like to pursue academic study but don’t wish to enroll in a graduate degree program.
University of Toronto Graduate Programs
The training and experience you’ll acquire at the master’s or doctoral level will give you tools to drive change and excel in virtually any industry — whether you go on to teach and do research at a university, take a role in government, start a private enterprise, or embark on a professional career. Our research-driven graduate programs will help guide you through a lifetime of intellectual study, opportunity, and challenge.
|Accounting and Finance||MAccFin|
|Adult Education and Community Development||MA / MEd / PhD|
|Aerospace Science and Engineering||MASc / MEng / PhD|
|Anthropology||MA / MSc / PhD|
|Architecture, Landscape, and Design||PhD|
|Art History||MA / PhD|
|Astronomy and Astrophysics||MSc / PhD|
|Biochemistry||MSc / PhD|
|Biomedical Engineering||MASc / MEng / PhD|
|Cell and Systems Biology||MSc / PhD|
|Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry||MASc / MEng / PhD|
|Chemistry||MSc / PhD|
|Child Study and Education||EdD / MA|
|Cinema Studies||MA / PhD|
|Cities Engineering and Management||MEngCEM|
|Civil Engineering||MASc / MEng / PhD|
|Classics||MA / PhD|
|Comparative Literature||MA / PhD|
|Computer Science||MSc / PhD|
|Counselling and Clinical Psychology – Field in Clinical and Counselling Psychology (OISE)||MA / PhD|
|Counselling and Clinical Psychology – Field in Clinical Psychology (UTSC)||MA / PhD|
|Counselling Psychology||EdD / MEd|
|Criminology and Sociolegal Studies||MA / PhD|
|Curriculum and Pedagogy||MA / MEd / PhD|
|Dentistry (Research)||MSc / PhD|
|Dentistry (with Specialty Training)||MSc / PhD|
|Developmental Psychology and Education||MA / MEd / PhD|
|Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies||MA / PhD|
|Earth Sciences||MASc / MSc / PhD|
|East Asian Studies||MA / PhD|
|Ecology and Evolutionary Biology||MSc / PhD|
|Economics||MA / PhD|
|Educational Leadership and Policy||EdD / MA / MEd / PhD|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering||MASc / MEng / PhD|
|English||MA / MA (Creative Writing) / PhD|
|Environmental Science||MEnvSc / PhD|
|European and Russian Affairs||MA|
|Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)||MBA (EMBA)|
|Financial Risk Management||MFRM|
|Forestry||MScF / PhD|
|French Language and Literature||MA / PhD|
|Geography||MA / MSc / PhD|
|Germanic Languages and Literatures||MA|
|Germanic Literature, Culture and Theory||PhD|
|Global Executive Master of Business Administration (GEMBA)||MBA (GEMBA)|
|Global Executive Master of Business Administration for Healthcare and the Life Sciences (GEMBA-HLS)||MBA (GEMBA-HLS)|
|Global Professional Law||GPLLM|
|Health Policy, Management and Evaluation||MSc / PhD|
|Higher Education||EdD / MA / MEd / PhD|
|History||MA / PhD|
|History and Philosophy of Science and Technology||MA / PhD|
|Immunology||MSc / PhD|
|Industrial Relations and Human Resources||MIRHR / PhD|
|Information||MI / PhD|
|Italian Studies||MA / PhD|
|Kinesiology||MSc / PhD|
|Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology||MHSc / MSc / PhD|
|Language and Literacies Education||MA / MEd / PhD|
|Law||LLM / MSL / SJD|
|Linguistics||MA / PhD|
|Management and Professional Accounting||MMPA|
|Management of Innovation||MMI|
|Master of Business Administration (Extended Full-Time MBA)||MBA (Full-Time Extended)|
|Master of Business Administration (Full-Time MBA)||MBA (Full-Time)|
|Materials Science and Engineering||MASc / MEng / PhD|
|Mathematics||MSc / PhD|
|Mechanical and Industrial Engineering||MASc / MEng / PhD|
|Medical Biophysics||MSc / PhD|
|Medical Science||MSc / PhD|
|Medieval Studies||MA / PhD|
|Molecular Genetics||MSc / PhD|
|Music||MA / PhD|
|Music Performance||DMA / MMus|
|Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations||MA / PhD|
|Nursing Science||DN / MN / PhD|
|Nutritional Sciences||MSc / PhD|
|Pharmaceutical Sciences||MSc / PhD|
|Pharmacology||MSc / PhD|
|Philosophy||MA / PhD|
|Physics||MSc / PhD|
|Physiology||MSc / PhD|
|Planning||MScPl / PhD|
|Political Science||MA / PhD|
|Public Health Sciences||DrPH / MPH / MSc / PhD|
|Rehabilitation Science||MSc / PhD|
|Religion||MA / PhD|
|School and Clinical Child Psychology||MA / PhD|
|Slavic Languages and Literatures||MA / PhD|
|Social Justice Education||EdD / MA / MEd / PhD|
|Social Work||MSW / MSW (ITR) / PhD|
|Sociology||MA / PhD|
|Spanish||MA / PhD|
|Speech-Language Pathology (Practitioner)||MHSc|
|Speech-Language Pathology (Research)||MSc / PhD|
|Statistics||MSc / PhD|
|Translational Research in the Health Sciences||MHSc|
|Women and Gender Studies||MA / PhD|