Last Updated on July 31, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Get more information regarding Victoria University Tuition Fees For International Students, victoria university fees 2022, victoria university scholarships for international students, victoria university melbourne fees, victoria university fees calculator & victoria university mba fees for international students
Victoria University Overview
Founded in 1990, Victoria University is a non-profit public higher-education institution located in the urban setting of the metropolis of Melbourne (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Victoria. Officially recognized by the Department of Education and Training of Australia, Victoria University (VU) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational Australian higher education institution. Victoria University (VU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. VU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, sports facilities, financial aids and/or scholarships, as well as administrative services.
The amount you pay for your course, as well as any fee assistance you may be eligible to receive, depends on your chosen study level whether you are a domestic or international student.
Victoria University Fees 2022
Domestic undergraduate or postgraduate (by coursework) students are either Commonwealth Supported or Full-Fee Paying. Maximum fees are set each year for a full time study load, and may need to be paid up-front or (if eligible) deferred as a loan to be repaid later.
Domestic Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students may be eligible to receive a Research Training Program (RTP) fee offset place to cover the cost of study.
International students pay set fees up front each semester (indexed annually). Fees displayed on course pages are subject to change, so please contact us to confirm the amount.
TAFE students please visit the Victoria University Polytechnic website for information about TAFE course fees(external link) and Free TAFE for priority courses(external link).
- Commonwealth supported studentsCommonwealth supported students make a contribution towards the cost of their education, while the Government contributes the rest.
- Full-fee paying studentsA full-fee place is a higher education place that receives no financial contribution from the Commonwealth. Instead you have access to a…
- International student feesFind out more about the cost of studying at VU as an international (non-resident) student.
- Research student feesAn outline of some of the options available to assist with funding your research degree
Please note that these are only estimates based on the 2019-20 academic year. Refer to the UVic Academic Calendar for full detail. Please refer to UVic Residence Services for information on housing options.
The tables below offer a breakdown of costs for each year in the BCom program.
|Domestic students||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Co-op fee installments||–||$359||$1,076||$717|
|UVic Student Society (UVSS) and other fees (bus, athletics, etc.)||$494||$494||$494||$494|
|UVSS Dental and UVSS Extended Health||$360||$360||$360||$360|
|Commerce Students Society||$100||$100||$100||$100|
Tuition and fees for international students differ from those for Canadian students. Beyond the awards and scholarships available here through our School, please also visit UVic’s International Student Resources.
|International students||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Co-op fee installments||–||$633||$1,900||$1,267|
|International program fee||$1,348||$1,348||$1,348||$1,348|
|UVic Student Society (UVSS) and other fees (bus, athletics, etc.)||$494||$494||$494||$494|
|UVSS Dental and UVSS Extended Health||$360||$360||$360||$360|
|Commerce Student Society (CSS)||$100||$100||$100||$100|
Grandparented International Students: All continuing international students, who began their studies prior to the 2018-19 academic year, will be subject to inflationary only increases of 4% for the 2019-20 academic year. The inflationary rate of increase will apply until the student obtains their current credential or does not register for two consecutive sessions (one year) and must apply to reregister to resume their studies (see Returning Students). Please see the UVic Calendar for more detail on tuition fees for Grandparented International Students.
Mandatory Temporary Medical Insurance: The guard.me@UVic plan provides emergency medical insurance coverage for international students who are new to UVic. This plan covers required medical services to address new and unexpected illness or injury. Most new international students are automatically enrolled in the guard.me@UVic plan upon registration at UVic. For the 2019-20 academic year, the cost is $265.
Victoria University is a public university and is located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It is a university of the west and one of the 39 public universities in ustralia. The university was established in 1916 and gained its university status in 1991. The university is home to over 40,000 students including around 14,000 international students. It offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, vocational and TAFE programs. Some of the popular programs by Victoria University subject areas are Arts and Humanities, Education, Computers and IT, Engineering and Science, Health and Biomedicine, Law and Justice, etc.
As per the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021, Victoria University is ranked in the top 2% universities worldwide. The university also ranked 11th out of 22 Australian Institutions in the 2020 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings. The university had seen substantial growth in the areas of Business and Economics, Life Sciences and Psychology. Victoria University jumped five bands and ranked in the top half of all ranked universities from #601-650 in the world in 2020 to #551-560 in 2021 in QS World University Rankings.
The admissions at Victoria university creates an environment of diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, cultural background, age, etc. Victoria University has campuses across Melbourne’s CBD and western suburbs. International students can also choose to study at VU Sydney, VU India, or partner institutions overseas.
Victoria University Rankings
Universities around the world are ranked based on their performance and calculated on multiple indicators. Here are the latest rankings of Victoria University:
Times Higher Education (THE) 2021 Rankings
- 351-400 in World University Rankings 2021
- 101-200th in Impact Rankings 2020
- 56th in Young University Rankings 2020
U.S. News and World Report 2021
- #543 in Best Global Universities
- #30 in Best Global Universities in Australia/New Zealand
- #25 in Best Global Universities in Australia
QS World University Rankings 2021
- #551-560 in QS Global World Rankings
Victoria University QS WUR by subject rankings 2020 are given below:
|Sports related subjects||#51-100|
|Computer Science and Information Systems||#351-400|
|Business and Management Studies||#401-450|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||#401-450|
|Campus accommodation capacity||500 beds|
|Application portal||Online or agent|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Mode of programs||Full-time; part-time; online|
|Total no. of alumni||240,000|
|Total No. of students||40,000|
|Admission helpdesk||1300 VIC UNI|
Victoria University Campus
- The University possesses various tobacco and smoke-free campuses across Melbourne and Sydney as well as at various other international countries.
- The University’s main campus is located at Footscray in Melbourne which is situated next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River.
- The various on campon-campuses includes restaurant, cafes, science facilities, bookshops, pool, gym, Laboratories, learning areas, libraries, beauty treatments, massage, osteopathy, music agency, child care services, security operation Centre, counselling services, etc.
- To encourage extra-curricular participation among students, there are various student clubs and organizations such as leadership groups, sports clubs, social Sports, volunteering opportunities, spiritual and religious clubs, social clubs, cultural clubs, etc.
- The city of Melbourne is a hub of world-class Universities and convenient Lifestyle with more than 1,00,000 international students living there with a lot of student engaging activities such as free music, beautiful parks, excellent dining, International Sporting events, etc.
- The Victoria University campus is connected to the Footscray and St. Alubus campuses via free of cost VU shuttle cost.
Victoria University Residence
- The students studying at Victoria University has two options of accommodations that are on campus and off-campus accommodation options.
- For on-campus accommodation, the University has a Unilodge for VU student accommodation offering a first class living experience to its students.
- The Unilodge is a modern 12-story building offering over 500 beds in a mix of Studio Apartments, 2 bedrooms, and 6 bedrooms shared apartments.
- The building offers fully furnished modern apartments with bathroom, kitchen, fan, heater, internet facilities, 24/7 secure building access, study Desk, chair, pinboard, shelves, TV, common lounge, cinema or media room, in house theatre, laundry room, outdoor leisure space, BBQ, half basketball court, rooftop garden terrace, onsite Café, pool table, games room, etc.
- The University offers guaranteed accommodation to new and continuing full time domestic and international students.
- For seeking accommodation in University-approved Unilodge, the student has to submit an application for the same.
- There are also various off-campus accommodation options available in the city of Melbourne.
Victoria University Programs
- The University offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, vocational, and TAFE courses.
- The most popular courses include in the academic fields of Business, Arts, Education, Computers & IT, Engineering & Science, etc.
- The University also offers flexible learning options and a unique VU block Model under which the student gets to focus on only one unit or subject at a time over a four weeks block.
- Moreover, the University also offers various Pathway programs to its students.
- Students who enroll in a trimester delivery may have the opportunity to complete two-year master’s courses in less than 16 months.
- Short courses to enhance skills and cross-institutional study wherein students may be able to apply to study a unit at another institution are also offered.
Victoria University Application Process
Application portal: Applicants can apply for admission in the University in two ways that is directly to the university online or through an education agent.
Application process: The University does not charge any application fee from its students.
Document requirements for undergraduate admissions:
- Completed Secondary School qualification equivalent to an Australian year 12 certificate or Australian bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Academic transcripts of all the Institutions attended
- Copy of valid passport
- Health Insurance
Note: Other requirements are subject to the particular course chosen by the candidate.
English Proficiency Test Scores
|Exams accepted||Scores for UG||Scores for PG|
|EAP||Level 5||Level 6|
Victoria University Cost Of Attendance
The tuition fees to be paid by the student depends upon the course chosen by the applicant and vary from course-to-course. Other expenses incurred by an individual depend on the lifestyle and preferences of the individual. Let us have a look at some of the common expenses estimated to be incurred:
|Tuition fee||Depends on the course|
|Study resources, textbooks and materials||650 AUD per year|
|Graduation ceremony cost||112.5 AUD|
|Health insurance||435 AUD annually|
|Accommodation cost||Depends on the apartment and choice|
|Food and drinks||100 AUD per week|
Victoria University Financial Aid
- The University offers various kinds of scholarships worth millions of dollars for students at all levels.
- There are various scholarships exclusively for international students at Victoria University.
- Scholarships for international students are generally externally funded or university-funded scholarship schemes in order to provide financial assistance to international students.
- To avail scholarship meant for international students, the candidate is required to submit an online application at the University portal which is then assessed on the basis of the academic performance or personal financial situation of the student.
- Some of the scholarships available for international students are as follows:
- VU International Excellence Scholarship up to 750 AUD per semester and up to 3,000 AUD towards the total tuition fees for which a student is required to be enrolled in full-time course duration, receive advanced standing/credit transfer into the VU and successful completion of every 48 credit points.
- VU International VCE Scholarship up to 3,000 AUD for the first two study periods and up to 12,000 AUD towards the total tuition fees for which a student is required complete Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) with an ATAR higher than 50.00, apply for entry into a Victoria University bachelor degree commencing in 2020 and maintain a 60 Weighted Average Mark (WAM) after every 96 credits.
- VU College Diploma Merit Scholarship up to 2,000 AUD grant for the second semester of studies for which a student is required to secure at least a distinction in each unit in the first semester of a diploma at VU College in Melbourne.
- Moreover, applicant can apply for multiple scholarships and can be eligible to receive more than one scholarship at the same time.
Victoria University Alumni Network
- The University has a global network of over 240,000 alumni across 130 countries.
- The University also offers various benefits which are exclusive to its alumni such as course discounts, career advice, social and networking events, alumni membership, library membership, etc.
- Some very successful alumni from the university who received lifetime achievement award are as follows:
- Dr. Collette Burke: Chief engineer of Victoria, MD at Exner Group and Director at VicTrack.
- Dr. Adrian Stoica: senior research scientist at NASA Jet propulsion laboratory California Institute of Technology doctor of philosophy
- Andrew Gaze Am: head coach of Sydney Kings
- Tan Sri Dr. Jeffrey Cheah AO: visionary founder and chairman of Sunway group
- The honorable Kim Wells: recipient of universities first distinguished alumni award Member of Parliament for 19 years and state treasurer since November 2010
Victoria University Placements
Some of the top companies recruiting students from Victoria University include Ernst and Young, Siemens, Accenture, British Petroleum, IBM, etc.
Here is a list of the average salary offered for different programs:
|Program||Average Salary Offered|
|Bachelor of Business (Banking and Finance)||50,000 AUD|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering)||87,000 AUD|
|Masters of Business Administration||115,600 AUD|
Victoria University’s career center helps students by providing workshops on writing job applications, mentoring, networking events, career advice, job search strategies, etc. The Learning Hub hosts an online job board that helps students and graduates to find suitable jobs in Australia.