Last Updated on September 5, 2022 by Ngefechukwu Maduka
If you have the required GPA and LSAT, apply to law school. If it’s hard to get in somewhere, apply to more law schools. Some people think skipping college for a year and working for a bank would be good practice. Some think experience in financial journalism would be better. In some respects, they might be right. On balance, however, your best bet is just to go to law school.
Collegelearners is the right stop for you to obtain top-notch information on where is Cardozo law school, Cardozo law admissions, Cardozo Law School ranking 2022, Cardozo School of law acceptance rate, Cardozo School of law LSAT, and so much more. Be sure to surf through our catalog for more information on related topics.
benjamin cardozo school of law ranking
The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law is the law school of Yeshiva University, located in New York City. The school, founded in 1976, is named for Supreme Court Justice Benjamin N. Cardozo. Among the top 100 law schools, only three schools are younger than Cardozo, which graduated its first class in 1979. Cardozo is currently ranked 53rd by U.S. News and World Report ranking of law schools and 22nd in part-time law schools. Its intellectual property program was ranked 12th in the nation, and its dispute resolution program was ranked 6th. The Cardozo faculty is ranked #32 in the nation for scholarly impact.
The school’s other notable programs include the FAME Center for fashion, arts, media & entertainment; the Data Law Initiative; the Blockchain Project; Cardozo/Google Patent Diversity Project; the Cardozo Law Institute in Holocaust and Human Rights; and the Heyman Center on Corporate Governance. Students can choose to participate in clinics such as the Tech Startup Clinic, Immigration Justice Clinic, Innocence Project Clinic, Benjamin B. Ferencz Human Rights and Atrocity Prevention Clinic, and the Civil Rights Clinic. The school also created the Innocence Project, run by Cardozo Professor Barry Scheck, which has used DNA profiling to help free innocent prisoners. The project’s work has been instrumental in some high-profile cases.
In 1999 Cardozo became a member of the Order of the Coif, an honor society for law scholars. Cardozo has seven faculty members who have clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justices, and Cardozo has had two graduates chosen to clerk for the U.S. Supreme Court. Cardozo was the second U.S. law school to secure an invitation to The European Law Moot Court Competition, and the first American law school to be invited twice consecutively. Many of Cardozo’s 12,000 alumni reside in the New York metropolitan area, while many pursue their careers internationally and can be found across the country. In 2019, 83% of the law school’s first-time test takers passed the bar exam, placing the law school seventh-best among New York’s 15 law schools. According to Cardozo’s 2017 ABA-required disclosures, 80.14% of the Class of 2017 obtained full-time, long-term, JD-required employment nine months after graduation.
does yeshiva university have a law school
Course and degree offerings
For J.D. students, Cardozo offers a selection of over 240 courses in addition to the eight courses required during the first year. Students may choose to graduate with a concentration in one, or several, of the following areas:
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate Compliance and Risk Control
- Criminal Justice
- Data Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Family and Children’s Law
- Intellectual Property and Information Law
- International and Comparative Law
- Public Law, Regulation and Government Affairs
- Real Estate
- Rights and the State
- Tax Law
- Master of Laws
For those who already have a law degree, Cardozo offers LL.M. degrees in General Studies, Comparative Legal Thought, Dispute Resolution and Advocacy, and Intellectual Property. LL.M. students can take almost any of the courses offered to J.D. students. The LL.M. program may be entered in the Spring Term or in the Fall Term.
Cardozo students may study abroad through the following programs:
- Amsterdam Law School: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Bucerius Law School: Hamburg, Germany
- Central European University: Budapest, Hungary
- Chinese University of Hong Kong: Hong Kong
- ESADE (Barcelona, Spain)
- HEAD – L’ecode des Hautes Etudes Appliquees du Droit: Paris, France
- Peking University Law School
- Sorbonne Law School: Paris, France
- Tel Aviv University: Tel Aviv, Israel
- University of Deusto: Bilbao, Spain
- University of Oxford Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy: Oxford, England
- University of Paris X-Nanterre: Paris, France
- University of Roma Tre: Rome, Italy
- University of Sydney: Sydney, Australia
- Independent Study Abroad
While most Cardozo students begin their legal studies in August, some students are allowed the flexibility to begin in May May-entry students take their first-year courses over three semesters – summer, fall, and spring – and still graduate from Cardozo in three years. They attend their fall and spring first-year classes with fall-entry students.
yeshiva university law school ranking
U.S. News ranked Cardozo 53rd out of 198 law schools. By other measures, the law school ranks:
25th – “Gold Standard” jobs (full-time, long-term jobs requiring bar passage that are not funded by the school).
32nd – Faculty Scholarly Impact
37th – Highest Percentage of Grads Hired by the 100 Largest Firms
- 9th – Dispute Resolution
- 12th – Intellectual Property
- 10th – LL.M./Master of Laws
- 11th – Government and Public Defender/Prosecutor
- Top 10 – Music Law
- “A” – Tax Law
- “A” – International Law
- “A+” – Alternative Dispute Resolution
- “A” – Business Law
- 1st – Most Journal Cites for an Arts & Entertainment Law Journal (2nd in Scholarly Impact and 3rd in Cites by Courts)
- 1st – Per Capita Productivity of Articles in Top Journals, 1993-2012, for Law Schools Outside U.S. News Top 50
- 5th – New York State Bar Pass Rate (2013)
- 15th – Most Prolific Faculty
- 22nd – Most Cited Law Review
- 31st – Most SSRN Downloads
Bar examination passage rates
In 2017, 85% of the law school’s first-time test takers passed the bar exam. 94.81% of 2019 graduates who sat for the bar exam passed within two years of their date of graduation.
yeshiva university law school acceptance rate
|LSAT Score (Median)||161||159|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||157-162||156-161|