Last Updated on September 9, 2022 by Ngefechukwu Maduka
In Sweden, applications for Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes are processed through a central application service, Universityadmissions.se. Still, you can also apply directly through the university and program websites. The general application documents required are: Identification document.
With eight universities featured in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017 for engineering and technology, including five among the top 200, Sweden’s home to a range of elite universities, including KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Chalmers University of Technology and Lund University.
Take out time to surf through our catalog for more information on Uppsala University, Chalmers University of Technology, Uppsala University ranking in Sweden, and so much more right here on Collegelearners.
Bachelor Degree In Electrical Engineering In Sweden
BE EE deals with the topic of electrics, electronic, electro-magnetic, mathematics, thermal power plant, hydro-electric plant model, electric power, electric energy system, and control, etc. It is an undergraduate degree programme of 4 years duration
BE EE Course Details
- Electrical Engineering is a branch of Engineering that deals with the study of electrics, electronic, electro-magnetic, mathematics, thermal power plant, hydro-electric plant model, electric power, electric energy system and control etc.
- Students are provided practical knowledge along with theoretical knowledge on how to use the electric equipment for different electric activities
- The institutions or colleges will also give you research facility in the lab and project work in the last two semester on the course
- After the completion of the course, you can apply for post graduate degree and Ph.D. degree on the same subject with different area or topic
- There are a lot of job opportunities after the completion of the degree. The placement is offered by various private sectors or companies to engineering graduate students
- Some of the private sector companies are- SAIL, BHEL, Aditya Birla Group of company, Bharat Electronics Ltd., Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., National Power Thermal Corporation, and many more
- An electrical engineering graduate can start their career in the above mentioned companies as Electrical Engineer, Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Jr. Electrical Engineer
- Average salary packages offered by to an electrical engineering graduate is INR 7,00,000 – 10,000,000 per annum.
BE EE Course Highlights
|Full form||Bachelor in Electrical Engineering|
|Examination type||Semester system (2 semester in a year)|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 75% along with JEE Mains, JEE Advanced and other university level entrance exam|
|Admission process||Joint Entrance Examination and Counseling or Personal Interview|
|Course fee (per annum)||Average INR 1,00,000-2,50,000|
|Average salary||Average INR 7,00,000 – 10,000,000 per annum|
|Top recruiting companies||SAIL, NHPC, Bharat Electronic Ltd., Techno Electric & Engineering Company Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL)|
|Job positions||Electrical engineer, Project engineer, Junior engineer-Electrical, Site engineer, Product engineer, Electro-Mechanical engineer, Graduate engineer trainee etc.|
BE EE Course Advantages
BE EE Course Advantages
- Students choose Bachelor in Electrical engineering, because they want to gain knowledge and to do research on how to generate power plants. The students can gain knowledge on the topic by both theoretically and practically.
- From this course, one can get to know how to design the products, how to manufacture them, how to install the machines, how to test them and make better for use.
- And how to develop and improve the devices, equipment; how to check the maintenance of the product; how to check quality and safety of using the products with their research for using in various electric work purposes.
- They can learn how to use various equipment, how to do data analysis, signal processing, designing etc. during the project work given by the department.
- There is good scope for the students of electrical engineering after the completion of course. They can apply for government and private sector jobs with good salary packages.
- The electrical engineering graduates can get their dream job after completion of the degree.
- The graduated students can do the job of electrical engineer, power project engineer, design engineer, electronics engineer, instrumentation engineer etc.
.how to study masters in sweden
BE Electrical Engineering Eligibility Criteria?
- The students have to pass the 12th grade in science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 75% aggregate marks ( for SC/ST 65% )
- Then for taking admission into the engineering colleges and institutions the students must have to pass the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced as mentioned above
- After passing the examinations the students can apply for taking admission in the institutions
- There are also some eligibility criteria which were followed by the institutions itself. The IIT’s and NIT’s will call the students for counseling which is conduct by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) of every IIT’s and NIT’s and for universities and colleges, the admission authority will call the students for the Personal Interview
- After the counseling session and personal interviews, document verification will be done by the institutions
- The institutions will release the cut-off for taking admission in each department. After that they can join the institution
- After taking admission into the course, if a student fails to join the institute and attend the classes within a week, he/she will be abandoned by the institute.
After passing in 12th examinations or equivalent to it in Science stream with 75% aggregate marks, students first have to fill up the application form for JEE Mains (Joint Entrance Examination). The apply process for the examinations is online for all the candidates including India and the other foreign countries.
JEE Mains entrance examination is for taking admission into the IIT’s, NIT’s, CFTI’s (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions), Colleges and Universities, which is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency).
On the other hand, JEE Advanced is for taking admission into the IIT’s. JEE Advanced is conducted by the IIT’s of India.
- After passing the examinations, the institutions will release a merit list and on the basis of the marks secured in the above mentioned examinations, they will call for Counseling or Personal Interview.
- After that the institutions will release the list of selected candidates.
- Then they will call for document verification by the institutions.
- After that the students can take admission into their respective departments in IIT’s, NIT’s, CFTI’s and IIIT’s in India.
|Entrance Exam||Application Period||Exam Dates||Exam Mode|
|JEE Main||1st week of September to 1st week of October for JEE Mains 2021 January Session||1st week of January, 2021||Computer Based Online Test|
|JEE Advanced||1st week of May to 2nd week of May for JEE Advanced 2021 session||Last week of May, 2021||Computer Based Online Test|
|Amity JEE||In the month of November for 2021 session||2nd week of April to 1st week of May, 2021||Computer Based Online Test|
|AMU Engineering Entrance Test||1st week of May to 2nd week of May for JEE Advanced 2021 session||Last week of May, 2021||Computer Based Online Test|
BE Electrical Engineering Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
After passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, students have to do self-study and also can take coaching classes for the better guidance of how to study and what to study for appearing in engineering entrance examinations.
- In JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, there are three sections, which contains Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The exam will be on a computer based online test. There will be 2 papers for the exam and both the paper will cover the topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The pattern of the examinations are objective type (MCQ or Multiple Choice Questions)
- Each question will carry 4 marks. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. And for unattempted questions, no marks will be deducted.
- Try to attempt the questions which is known by you
- Avoid the questions which you don’t know
- Try to maintain the time duration and keep a check on the time given on a particular question.