Last Updated on December 22, 2022 by Omoyeni Adeniyi
Marketing Management is the study of people’s behaviour in the marketplace. It provides a framework for managers to understand why people buy particular products and services, and how to satisfy customers better.
Marketing concept refers to a system in which information is exchanged between producers and consumers. The concept is viewed as an essential element in the selling process of products and services. In simple terms, marketing can be described as a process of communication between buyer and seller.
Collegelearners is replete with up-to-date information on BCom marketing management requirements UNISA, BCom marketing management Wits, BCom marketing management UP, BCom marketing management UJ, and so much more. Take out time to surf through our catalog for more information on similar topics.
bCom marketing and business management unisa
Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas
Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Marketing Management
|Maximum time to complete this qualification:
- Admission requirements
- Student fees and funding your studies
- Application for admission
bCom marketing management requirements
Admission and re-admission requirements
- Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
- Unisa reserves the right to withdraw any offer for admission to the 2022 academic year should it be found that you do not meet the statutory, college and/or minimum admission requirements for the qualification to which you have been admitted. In such a case, the university will refund any registration fees paid towards the said qualification.
An appropriate NQF 7 qualification from an accredited provider of higher education. A minimum of 60% for the major(s), or for a selected number of NQF 7 modules in the qualification.
Click here if you don’t meet the admission requirements above to view alternative options.
diploma in marketing management uNISA
Pay the application fee of R120 once you’ve received your student number.
- The application fee is only applicable to students who do not have a formal Unisa student number.
* Student numbers issued for short learning programmes and the Graduate School of Business Leadership are not formal Unisa student numbers. These students will be issued with a formal Unisa student number.
- The application fee is a once-off fee.
* You only need to pay the application fee once when you receive your formal Unisa student number.
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie STUDENTNUMBER 5370810030). Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information.
- The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.
- This application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa.
is bCom marketing a good degree
Apply for admission
Unisa will accept applications for admission to the 2022 academic year from 11 August to 15 October 2021. Additional application dates may be announced if there are still spaces available for the 2022 academic year.
- You must apply for each new qualification even if you already have a formal Unisa student number. This includes first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or changing the specialisation of their current qualification, and applicants completing an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies.
* Student numbers issued for short learning programmes and the Graduate School of Business Leadership are not formal Unisa student numbers.
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful). Please note that no changes may be made after the closing date for applications.
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
- You may only accept one offer. If you accept an offer, the other application for admission/offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer for the 2022 academic year, you may only register for the qualification and specialisation for which you received an offer. You may also only register for the 2022 academic year. Should you decide not to register for the 2022 academic year for any reason, you will need to apply for admission during the next application period.
Successful applicants should visit the registration website in December 2021 for updated registration information for 2022: www.unisa.ac.za/register
Undergraduate & honours qualifications
Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Marketing Management
It is strongly recommended that students complete HMEMS80 before attempting HRBUS84.Students should note that during the course of their studies they would be required to have access to a computer, a printer and the internet.
The aim of the qualification is to ensure that learners have a good understanding of trends and developments in the field of marketing and how to respond to such trends and developments strategically. This qualification in marketing aims to provide advanced training and scholarship in the field of marketing management to enable learners to apply strategic marketing thinking in given practical contexts (that is, the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Honours in Marketing Management graduate can interpret economic realities within South African and international organisational contexts). The successful learners will be able to draw on previous learning in marketing. In addition, be specifically introduced to contemporary issues that impact on marketing and the use of marketing metrics to measure the effectiveness of various marketing strategies that have been adopted or proposed.
|This qualification will be presented using both online and distance learning modes.
Who can register?
- Applicants may only register once they have received confirmation from Unisa that their application for admission has been accepted. Unisa reserves the right to not process and / or to cancel your registration if it is found that you were incorrectly admitted to a qualification. Admission to the alternative qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with admission requirements and if space is available.
- Re-registering students may register for the 2021 academic year once the registration period opens.
Please note: Should you wish to start a new qualification, please apply online for the alternative qualification during the prescribed application period.
bCom marketing uNISA modules
How to choose your modules
Each Unisa qualification is structured in such a way that you need to pass a certain number of NQF level credits within a certain amount of time in order to graduate.
You may not register for more than the allowed maximum number of credits / modules per academic year and / or semester:
- For the 2021 academic year, you must register for your semester 1 and 2 modules by 12 March 2021. There will be no semester 2 registration period. No exceptions or registration extensions will be permitted.
- The maximum number of credits that will be allowed is 120 credits.
The maximum number of credits do not include supplementary and / or aegrotat examinations from a previous semester. Modules taken for non-degree / non-diploma purposes also count towards the maximum number of credits allowed.
You must take your available time into consideration when choosing your modules, as this will impact your academic performance. You need approximately
- 6 to 8 hours per week for semester modules.
- 4 to 6 hours per week for year modules.
Click here for more information on managing your studies.
Examination timetableTransitional arrangements
uNISA bCom marketing management curriculum
Curriculum for this qualification
As you are deciding on the modules you will be registering for, remember to write down the module names and codes so that you have something that you can refer to when completing your registration.Once you have selected your modules, proceed to calculating your student fees
|Group A. Compulsory
|HMEMS80 – Research Methodology
|HRBUS84 – Research Project in Marketing
|MNM4801 – Contemporary Issues in Marketing
|MNM4803 – Marketing Metrics
|MNM4805 – Strategic Marketing in Practice