Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
There’s a reason our graduates pass the CPA exam the first time around at a rate nearly 30% higher than the national average. Our rigorous MSA curriculum fosters a deep grasp of how accounting influences organizations and society while also honing analytical skills. On this page, you will get to know more about Boston College Accounting, Boston college accounting ranking, Boston college accounting entry requirements, Boston college International Applicant and Boston college accounting tuition.
boston college accounting
The Boston College Accounting educates students to manage, thrive, and lead in various careers at both intermediate and long-term horizons. We educate undergraduate and graduate students who plan to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination and typically begin their careers with one of the prominent public accounting firms.
Many of Boston College Accounting graduates achieve promotion to partner, and many others leverage their work in public accounting to launch successful careers in other fields ranging from corporate finance and investor relations positions to numerous and varied roles such as consulting, public service, banking, and many others.
Boston College Accounting also train students who will not be accountants but will benefit immensely from understanding financial statements and the overall financial reporting environment. Boston College Accounting offer three different concentrations (Accounting for CPAs, Accounting for Finance and Consulting, and Accounting & Information Systems) and two minors. Boston College Accounting objective is to prepare all students at every level to excel by focusing on the fundamentals of informed and ethical decision-making in the accounting profession. Accessibility to expert faculty teaching in addition to the collaborative environment is a crucial element of the success of students who take the courses. This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance mode of provision, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating
as Support Centres.
On completion of the programme at Boston College Accounting graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user Applications
- Apply principles, theories and methodologies of financial accounting from the processing of basic transactions to the preparation of financial statements for a complex and broad range of both individual business and groups in accordance with the International Standards of Financial Reporting
- Demonstrate the ability to provide accurate financial information, analyse financial reporting needs, establish relevant systems, and perform external financial reporting
- Develop knowledge and an understanding of the underlying principles and concepts relating to auditing and assurance and technical proficiency in using auditing techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge of the general legal framework, and specific legal areas relating to business including the South African tax system as well as the ability to prepare tax calculations in accordance with legal requirements
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles and concepts relating to financial management and management accounting
- Identify, evaluate, and analyse socio-economic needs of society, display an awareness of professional ethics and ethical standards, and recognise the need for life-long learning
boston college accounting ranking
The Accounting major is part of the business, management & marketing program at Boston College. Boston college accounting ranking is No. 20. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. Boston college accounting ranking is No. 2 in Massachusetts. Below is a table showing the Boston college accounting ranking.
|Best Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Schools
|Best Accounting Master’s Degree Schools
|Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Accounting
|Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Accounting
|Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Accounting
|Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Accounting
|Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Accounting
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Accounting
boston college accounting entry requirements
Boston college accounting entry requirements include:
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English, Mathematics and Accounting amongst the modules passed and with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English, Mathematics and Accounting amongst the modules passed and with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s studies; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English, Mathematics and Accounting amongst the modules passed. Another Boston college accounting entry requirements include:
A number of post school qualifications may be used for admission and/or advanced placement into the degree programme with due regard for the 50% credit transfer rule and guidelines of progression and articulation. For example, a Higher Certificate in Accounting, NQF (HEQSF) Level 5, minimum Credits 120; or a Diploma in Accounting, NQF (HEQSF/OQSF) Level 6, minimum Credits 240 or 360. These are the necessary Boston college accounting entry requirements.
boston college International Applicants
The Boston college International Applicants is welcomed from around the globe. International students account for more than 30 percent of our student body and represent nations as diverse as Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Vietnam.
To apply as a Boston college International Applicants, first of all, submit the application for admission with all supporting materials. For additional information on getting ready to be Boston college International Applicants, keep reading.
In order to be eligible for any graduate program, international applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American bachelor’s degree. If admitted, international students are required to submit an official English translation of all academic credentials, along with a third party degree verification from an agency such as SpanTran or World Education Services (WES).
When to Apply
The Admissions Committee strongly encourages international applicants to apply early to allow ample time to process the application and secure a student visa. Full-Time MBA applicants should apply by January 19, 2021.
All applicants must submit a self-reported transcript with course names translated into English. There is no need to convert your GPA to the 4.0 scale.
Language Tests and Requirements
All students whose first language is not English are required to take one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Duolingo English Test
- The minimum required score on the TOEFL is 100 on the TOEFL iBT and TOEFL iBT Home Edition, 250 on the computer-based test, and 600 on the paper-based test.
- The minimum required score on the IELTS is a 7.5 band score.
- The minimum required score on the PTE is a 68.
- The minimum required score on the Duolingo English Test is 125.
The language test requirement can be waived:
- If you completed a four-year bachelor’s degree at an institution where the medium language of instruction is English. You must have completed your degree in its entirety at the English-medium institution. The medium language of instruction must be indicated on your transcript or verified in an official letter from the institution.
- If you completed a two-year master’s degree at an institution where the medium language of instruction is English. You must have completed your degree in its entirety at the English-medium institution. The medium language of instruction must be indicated on your transcript or verified in an official letter from the institution.
- If you have worked full time in the United States for two or more years.
There is no need to submit visa-related materials at the time of application. Boston College’s Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) will work closely with each incoming student to ensure that materials are prepared in a timely fashion to complete the visa application and I-20 appointment.
boston college accounting tuition
All Boston college accounting tuition and fees are proposed and subject to change. The University reserves the right to correct typographical errors or to adjust the Tuition and Fees schedule at any time it deems necessary. The Trustees of Boston College reserve the right to change the tuition rates and to make additional charges within the University whenever such action is deemed necessary. Boston college accounting tuition:
Full-Time MBA Program
|Tuition rate (per semester)
Full-Time MSF and MSA Programs
|Tuition rate (per credit hour)
|Tuition rate (for 30 credits)
Part-Time MBA and MSF Programs
|Tuition rate (per credit hour)
|Total Credits in MBA Program
|Total Credits in MSF Program
Fees & Expenses
The expenses listed below reflect estimated amounts for the 2021-2022 academic year (a period of nine months). For more information on cost of attendance, visit the Graduate Financial Aid page
|Graduate Student Activity Fee (7 or more credits)
|$63 (per semester)
|Graduate Student Activity Fee (less than 7 credits)
|$37 (per semester)
|Initial Boston College ID Card For Entering Students Fee
|Books and Supplies