Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Banking and finance is a dynamic field. The world of banking and finance is evolving every day, and it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and information. In this guide, we reveal the aspects of Certificate In Banking And Finance Syllabus, banking and finance course subjects, iibf diploma in banking and finance syllabus, diploma in banking and finance requirements and online diploma in banking and finance.
The course is designed to provide a wider view of the constant changes pertaining to finance, methods of dealing with the financial crisis as well as the basis for bailouts for various banks across the globe. The course is of 1 year duration and particularly aimed to provide an entry level course which one can pursue to enter the field of banking and finance. Read on to know more about Certificate In Banking And Finance Syllabus, banking and finance course subjects, iibf diploma in banking and finance syllabus, diploma in banking and finance requirements and online diploma in banking and finance.
The course is designed to provide a wider view of the constant changes pertaining to finance, methods of dealing with the financial crisis as well as the basis for bailouts for various banks across the globe.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in banking or finance, a Diploma in Banking and Finance from [school name] will give you the tools you need to make your mark on this ever-changing industry.
With this program, you’ll learn about:
-The latest trends in global financial markets
-How to identify new opportunities for growth within your company or organization
-How to deal with a financial crisis within your organization
Certificate In Banking And Finance Syllabus
We begin with Certificate In Banking And Finance Syllabus, then banking and finance course subjects, iibf diploma in banking and finance syllabus, diploma in banking and finance requirements and online diploma in banking and finance.
This course is an advanced-level course, focusing more on the practical aspect of the subjects of banking and finance.
Some of the common subjects included in the course curriculum are Principles & Practices of Banking, Accounting & Finance for Bankers, Retail Banking, Legal Aspects of Banking, etc.
A semester wise breakup of the course syllabus has been described below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Practices And Principles Of Banking||Banking Products and Services|
|Banking Environment And Operations||Strategies for Banking Risk and Marketing Management|
|Banking Law And Practice||Mutual Fund Agent|
|Organizational Behavior||Business Communication and Etiquette|
The main objective of this diploma course is to provide in-depth knowledge of Banking & Finance to the students of different domains such as commerce, management, economics, etc. with practical training and necessary insights required to get a job in the Banks and other financial institutions.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Subjects
See the table below to check the topics and units included in the course syllabus:
|Practices And Principles Of Banking||Introduction to Banking, Basics of Banking, Financial Markets, Capital Markets in India, etc.|
|Banking Law And Practice||Banking Regulations, Banking Operations, Customer Centricity Selling skills and Customer Relationship Management, Financial Inclusion Through BC BF model, etc.|
|Strategies for Banking Risk and Marketing Management||KYC, AML and Account Opening Process, Banking Services to CASA Customers, Cross Sell Products Investments and Loans, Strategies for Increasing CASA Deposits through Sales and Marketing, Selling Skills and Customer Relationship Management, etc.|
|Retail Banking||Business Ethics and Compliance, Retail Banking Overview, Effective Sales Management, Customer Service Quality, etc.|
|Accounting for Bankers||Basics of Business Mathematics, Accounting in Banks/Branches, Bank Accounting and Balance Sheet, etc.|
|Banking Products and Services||CASA DEPOSITS : Its Importance, features and Benefits, Role of CASA Sales Manager, Customer Segments for CASA, Types of customers- Individual and Non- Individual, Banking Regulations for Opening and Operation of Accounts, etc.|
Diploma in Banking and Finance Books
The table below lists some of the books that students can refer to during their course, which helps them to learn the basic concepts, definitions and applications of the field in the field of banking, accounting, commerce and business.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking||IIBF|
|The Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets||Frederic Mishkin|
|Global Banking||Ingo Walther|
|Financial, Commercial and Mortgage Mathematics and their Applications||Arun Prakash & Dilip Ghosh|
|The Principles of Banking||Moorad Choudhry|
|Corporate Finance for Dummies||Michael Taillard|
|Finance for Nonfinancial Managers||Gene Siciliano|
banking and finance course subjects
Now we explore banking and finance course subjects, iibf diploma in banking and finance syllabus, diploma in banking and finance requirements and online diploma in banking and finance.
Banking and Finance is an area of study that focuses on the management of money, financial markets and financial institutions. It encompasses the roles of banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges and other financial institutions in the economy. The field also includes research into macroeconomic policy as it relates to banking and finance.
Banking and Finance requires a strong background in Mathematics, Economics, Accounting and Statistics. A good foundation in these areas will enable you to study a variety of topics including:
- Financial Markets (Stock Exchanges)
- International Finance
|FINANCIAL THEORY AND MANAGEMENT||3|
|FINANCIAL SYSTEMS AND INSTITUTIONS||4|
|INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE||6|
FOUR YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE||UNITS|
|BAF 101||Introduction to Finance||3|
|MAN 101||Elements of Business Economics||2|
|Required Ancillary Courses|
|COS 101||Introduction to Computer||3|
|PHIL 101||Introduction to Logic and Philosophy||2|
|ACC 101||Elements of Accounting 1||2|
|MAN 103||Business Mathematics 1||2|
|GENERAL STUDIES COURSES|
|GSP 101||Use of English 1||2|
|GSP 105||Natural Science 1||2|
|ELECTIVES (choose a maximum of 2 units from under listed Courses)|
|PSY 101||Introduction to Psychology 1||2|
|SOC 101||Introduction to Sociology 1||2|
|FRE 101||Elementary French 1||2|
iibf diploma in banking and finance syllabus
More details coming up on iibf diploma in banking and finance syllabus, diploma in banking and finance requirements and online diploma in banking and finance.
IIBF Certification Courses
IIBF certification courses are designed to provide training in banking and finance to students as well as working professionals. Most of the courses are affiliated with the Ministry of Commerce, International Chamber of Commerce through (UCPDC), and Reserve Bank of India. IIBF conducts exams for these certification courses qualifying which the individuals are granted the prospective certificate. Take a look at the following list of IIBF Certification courses:
- Strategic Management & Innovations in Banking
- Emerging Technologies
- Certificate In International Trade Finance
- Certificate Course on Resolution of Stressed Assets with Special Emphasis on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code,2016 for Bankers
- Certificate Examination In Information System Banker
- Certificate Examination in AML/KYC
- Customer Service & Banking Codes and Standards
- Certificate Examination In It Security
- Certificate Examination In Rural Banking Operations
- Certificate Examination In Prevention Of Cyber Crimes And Fraud Management
- Certificate Examination In Foreign Exchange Facilities For Individuals
- Certificate Examination In Microfinance
- Card Operations (for Employees of I.T. and BPO Companies)
- Functions of Banks (for Employees of I.T. and BPO Companies)
- Basics of Banking (for Employees of I.T. and BPO Companies)
- Certificate Examination For DRA
- Certificate Examination For DRA Telecallers
- Business Correspondents / Facilitators
- Certificate Course In Foreign Exchange
- Certificate Course In Digital Banking
- Introduction to Banking(for sub-ordinate staff of banks)-IN ENGLISH AND HINDI MEDIUM
- Certificate Course for Non-Banking Financial Companies
- Certificate Examination For Small Finance Banks
- Certificate Course in Ethics in Banking
- Business Correspondents / Facilitators – [for Payments Banks – Module A and Module B]
- Specialists Officers of Bank
diploma in banking and finance requirements
How to Apply for The Diploma in Banking and Finance
To apply for the Diploma in Banking and Finance, you must have a minimum of five credit passes in SSCE/WAEC/NECO/NABTEB or GCE O’Level obtained in subjects relevant to the course of study at not more than two sittings.
You must also have a minimum of five credit passes of SSCE, NTE, NECO, WAEC, GCE, NBC or NABTEB at not more than two sittings.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- and above or its equivalent as acceptable Qualification by KNQA
- Pass in Relevant Certificate Qualification Learning Outcomes
- Capability to identify principles of organisational management and the commercial environment in the financial sector.
- Capability to identify, formulate and solve banking and finance problems.
- Capability to communicate effectively and work in different organisations across diverse cultural settings and environment.
online diploma in banking and finance
Any student can pick this diploma in the banking and finance course whether he or she be from a commerce background, science background, or arts background. The banking and finance diploma course will allow the students to understand the sustaining financial terms and how to allocate those terms to deal with the financial crisis. The main subjects that you will learn during the course are Principles & Practices of Banking, Business Economics, Retail Banking, Organizational Behavior, Accounting & Finance for Bankers, Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking, Business Law, Marketing of Financial Services, Taxation – Direct and Indirect.
Following are the Top Subjects of Online Diploma In Banking and Finance Management
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Economics
- Information Systems for Managers
- Commercial Banking System & Role of RBI
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Retail Banking
Key Highlights of Online Diploma In Banking and Finance Management
- The duration of the diploma course in banking and finance marketing is of 1year and divided into 2 semesters.
- The diploma course in banking and finance is completely UGC-DEB approved and this diploma course also has validity in the market
- Students can apply for this course just after completing the 12th standard from any stream.
- The banking and finance industries are increasing day by day that will create the demand for the experts in this field that is beneficial for the students who will pick up this course to enhance their career.
- The course will train the students with skills like communication skills, business communication, and etiquette.
- This course allows the student to apply in any sector whether it be the government sector or the private sector.
Who is this Program for?
- Students are interested to learn the terms and strategies used in banking and finance management.
- Anyone who is aspires to do a job in the banking and finance sectors.
- Students who are preparing for baking exams.
- Students who want to build their careers in the banking and finance industry just after the completion of 10+2 class.
Job Opportunities after Online Diploma In Banking and Finance Management
The diploma course in banking and finance management opens up many job opportunities for the diploma holder. The posts where a diploma holder can apply are Business Analyst, Internal Auditor, Loan Counsellor, Credit and Risk Manager, Stock Analyst, etc.
A diploma in banking and finance can help you get started on your career in the financial sector. It’s a great way to prepare yourself for the banking exam, which is one of the most difficult exams to pass. By completing this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the world of banking and finance.
The course will teach you how banks operate, how they make money and make loans to businesses, and why it’s important for a country to have a strong banking system. You’ll also learn about personal finance management, which is an essential skill for anyone who wants to succeed financially.
After completing this course, you’ll be ready to go out into the workforce with all of the knowledge necessary for success in any career related to banking or finance.