Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Clark Atlanta University is the perfect place to get the education that you need. It’s a great school, and it’s easy to see why so many students choose it every year. You will find this website very useful to completely understand all the necessary information needed on Clark Atlanta University. From the Clark Atlanta University acceptance rate, to Clark Atlanta University tuition and also information on Clark Atlanta University ranking, you can do no wrong in searching for the information you need on Collegelearners .com. And this website is available very easily online .What are you waiting for?
One of the most important factors in choosing a school is the acceptance rate, which shows you how likely it is that your application will be accepted. The higher this number, the better your chances are of getting into your desired school. Read on to know more about the Clark Atlanta University Acceptance Rate, clark atlanta university gpa requirements, clark atlanta university tuition, clark atlanta university admission requirements and clark atlanta university application deadline.
In 2018, Clark Atlanta University had an acceptance rate of 50%. This means that half of all applicants were accepted into the university in 2018. If you’re interested in applying to Clark Atlanta University, this number shows that you have a good chance of getting into the school!
Clark Atlanta University Acceptance Rate
We begin with Clark Atlanta University Acceptance Rate, then clark atlanta university gpa requirements, clark atlanta university tuition, clark atlanta university admission requirements and clark atlanta university application deadline.
Clark Atlanta University is less selective with an acceptance rate of 59%. Half the applicants admitted to Clark Atlanta University have an SAT score between 880 and 1040 or an ACT score of 17 and 20.
Clark Atlanta University is a well-regarded HBCU that was founded in 1987. It focuses on undergraduate education, but it also has graduate programs in business administration and education.
In addition to its academic programs, Clark Atlanta University also has a rich history of community service. The university hosts an annual Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration as well as a weeklong MLK celebration every January.
clark atlanta university gpa requirements
Now we consider clark atlanta university gpa requirements, clark atlanta university tuition, clark atlanta university admission requirements and clark atlanta university application deadline.
If you are applying to the Clark Atlanta University, you will need to meet these requirements:
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Official Transcripts: High school transcripts are required if applying with less than 12 credits.
clark atlanta university tuition
More details coming up on clark atlanta university tuition, clark atlanta university admission requirements and clark atlanta university application deadline.
How much does it cost to attend?
|Books and Supplies||$1,900|
|Room and Board||$11,506|
|Other Expenses Budget||$3,312|
The annual list price to attend Clark Atlanta University on a full time basis for 2020/2021 is $38,413 for all students regardless of their residency. This fee is comprised of $18,990 for tuition, $11,506 room and board, $1,900 for books and supplies and $2,705 for other fees. Out of state tuition for Clark Atlanta University is $18,990, the same as Georgia residents.
clark atlanta university admission requirements
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Admission Requirements—First Year Students
Important Update: For the current application cycle (Students Entering Spring 2022 and Fall 2022), we will continue our test optional policy. Students will not be required to submit standardized test scores, and students that may be negatively impacted by their scores will automatically be considered test optional.
CAU practices a holistic admission review process, which considers the applicant’s secondary school academic record, standardized college entrance exams, if available (SAT or ACT), leadership in school and community activities, unique talents and skills, and educational objectives. We have included data from our most recent class to help you understand the student that had the greatest likelihood to be admitted to Clark Atlanta, not as cutoffs or minimums—just the average.
Class of 2024 Profile (Fall 2020)
Average GPA: 3.21
Average Combined SAT: 957
Average ACT Composite: 18
Admissions Application Package
A complete application package includes the following credentials:
- Application for Admission: The Clark Atlanta University Application
- Non-refundable $35 application fee payable by credit card, money order, or cashier’s check. Fee waivers may be uploaded to your online application by a counselor, emailed to [email protected], or faxed to 404.880.6174. Personal checks are not accepted. [The Clark Atlanta University Application is not charging a fee at this time]
- Official high school transcript(s) or GED certificate.
- Test score results from the SAT or ACT [We are currently test optional for all students entering Spring 2022 or Fall 2022. International students from non-English speaking secondary schools may submit the TOEFL or IELTS instead of the ACT or SAT.
- One letter of recommendation from a high school counselor
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher
- Resume (optional)
- Essay Topics: Students using the CAU App or Common App may use any of the essay prompts provided. Students using the Common Black College Application should write 500 words or less on ONE of the following topics: [Common Black College App students must email their essay in PDF format to [email protected]]
- How do you feel Clark Atlanta University would prepare you for future leadership?
- Who has had the greatest influence in your life thus far, and why?
We consider the applicant’s secondary school academic record, standardized college entrance exams (SAT or ACT), leadership in school and community activities, unique talents and skills, and educational objectives. For admission consideration, an applicant should have a well-balanced college preparatory program that includes the following course work:
- 4 units English
- 3 units Mathematics
- 3 units Electives
- 3 units Natural Science
- 2 units Social Science
- 2 units Foreign Language
- A student may be admitted with less than two units in a foreign language but may be required to take language at CAU depending on the students selected major. We recommend foreign language in preparing for CAU so that students will spend less time fulfilling this requirement through coursework or a placement exam.
clark atlanta university application deadline
Early Action [Non-Binding] Deadline/Spring Deadline – November 1
Applicants who submit completed application packages–including all supporting documents by November 1, 2021 will receive notification of the admission decision by January 1, 2022.
Final Deadline – Extended to May 1
Final opportunity for incoming freshmen to submit a completed application
Transfer Deadline – June 1
Final opportunity for incoming transfers to submit a complete application
Many documents can be submitted online by a counselor through email [[email protected]] or our online applications. You may choose to mail transcript(s) and recommendations to:
Clark Atlanta University
Office of Admission
223 James P. Brawley Dr. SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
We’re excited to welcome you to Clark Atlanta University!
We know that choosing your major is a big decision, and we want to help you explore your options. There are 40 different majors at Clark Atlanta, and we have a wide range of academic programs for you to choose from. From business administration to theology and religion, we’ve got something for everyone.
We know that once you start exploring our courses and programs, you’ll find the perfect fit for your future career. When you graduate from Clark Atlanta University with a degree in [major], it will open up all kinds of opportunities for you—including opportunities here at CAU! We’ll be happy to take a look at your resume after graduation so that we can see how well your education has prepared you for a career with us.