Last Updated on July 31, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
You can locate information on early childhood education degree online that are dedicated to that purpose. The truth is that information is not easy to find online, and if you don’t know the right places to explore for you will really face a difficult time in If you need information on early childhood education degree cuny, hunter college early childhood education & suny colleges for early childhood education then you’ve come to the right place. You’ll see information ranging from one another and so much more…
Best Early Childhood Ed Colleges in New York City
The Graduate Programs in Early Childhood Education prepare teachers to meet national standards of excellence in teaching and to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to understand and nurture children’s learning. Graduates learn to support children’s understandings of the world through inquiry and active learning and to create environments that build on children’s varied strengths and cultural wealth.
The programs emphasize deep knowledge of human development, learning processes, instructional strategies, and subject matter. All courses utilize technology and focus on how teaching, learning, and assessment connect. Special attention is given to how issues of diversity – of culture, language, family, and learning styles – can best be used to positively impact schools and schooling in urban settings.
We have created a 2020 ranking of the best colleges in New York City that offer Early Childhood Ed degrees to help you find a school that fits your needs. Each school’s ranking is based on the compilation of our data from reliable government sources, student surveys, college graduate interviews, and editorial review. In addition, you can view our entire list of all 10 Early Childhood Ed schools located within New York City. We also provide reviews, facts, and questions and answers for schools on our site and offer you access to get valuable information from colleges and universities today.
Universities.Degree.TodayIt’s Time to Invest in You!At Universities.com, we want you to know that a degree is achievable. Try our College Match experience today!Visit Site >
Best Early Childhood Ed Colleges in New York City for 2020
|1||New York University||New York, NY||Image by Jean-Christophe Benoist New York University offers 2 Early Childhood Ed Degree programs. It’s a large private university in a large city. In 2015, 46 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 28 Master’s degrees, and 18 Bachelor’s degrees.||Based on 60 Reviews||Read more: New York University Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|2||Yeshiva University||New York, NY||Yeshiva University offers 2 Early Childhood Ed Degree programs. It’s a medium sized private university in a large city. In 2015, 5 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 5 Bachelor’s degrees.||Read more: Yeshiva University Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|3||CUNY Hunter College||New York, NY||CUNY Hunter College offers 2 Early Childhood Ed Degree programs. It’s a large public university in a large city. In 2015, 104 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 104 Master’s degrees.||Based on 12 Reviews||Read more: CUNY Hunter College Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|4||Pace University-New York||New York, NY||Pace University-New York offers 3 Early Childhood Ed Degree programs. It’s a large private university in a large city. In 2015, 12 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 12 Master’s degrees.||Read more: Pace University-New York Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|5||CUNY City College||New York, NY||CUNY City College offers 3 Early Childhood Ed Degree programs. It’s a large public university in a large city. In 2015, 42 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 26 Master’s degrees, and 16 Bachelor’s degrees.||Read more: CUNY City College Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|6||York College Pennsylvania||York, PA||York College Pennsylvania offers 2 Early Childhood Ed Degree programs. It’s a medium sized private university in a mid sized suburb. In 2015, 54 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 54 Bachelor’s degrees.||Read more: York College Pennsylvania Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|7||Touro College||New York, NY||Touro College offers 2 Early Childhood Ed Degree programs. It’s a medium sized private university in a large city. In 2015, 372 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 364 Master’s degrees, and 8 Bachelor’s degrees.||Based on 12 Reviews||Read more: Touro College Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|8||Teachers College at Columbia University||New York, NY||Teachers College at Columbia University offers 4 Early Childhood Ed Degree programs. It’s a private university in a large city. In 2015, 53 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 52 Master’s degrees, and 1 Doctoral degree.||Based on 4 Reviews||Read more: Teachers College at Columbia University Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|9||Bank Street College of Education||New York, NY||Bank Street College of Education offers 1 Early Childhood Ed Degree program. It’s a private university in a large city. In 2015, 25 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 25 Master’s degrees.||Based on 4 Reviews||Read more: Bank Street College of Education Reviews Get Admissions Info|
|10||CUNY Graduate School and University Center||New York, NY||CUNY Graduate School and University Center offers 1 Early Childhood Ed Degree program. It’s a medium sized public university in a large city. In 2015, 18 students graduated in the study area of Early Childhood Ed with students earning 18 Certificates degrees.||Read more: CUNY Graduate School and University Center Reviews Get Admissions Info|
List of all Early Childhood Ed Colleges in New York City
|School Logo||School Name||Average tuition||Student Teacher Ratio||Enrolled Students|
|New York University New York, NY||5/5||8 : 1||50,027|
|Yeshiva University New York, NY||5/5||7 : 1||6,194|
|CUNY Hunter College New York, NY||2/5||19 : 1||22,918|
|Pace University-New York New York, NY||5/5||18 : 1||12,843|
|CUNY City College New York, NY||2/5||17 : 1||15,778|
|York College Pennsylvania York, PA||4/5||17 : 1||4,739|
|Touro College New York, NY||4/5||17 : 1||13,033|
|Teachers College at Columbia University New York, NY||15 : 1||4,984|
|Bank Street College of Education New York, NY||19 : 1||650|
|CUNY Graduate School and University Center New York, NY||23 : 1||6,954|
Masters in Early Childhood Education Programs in New York City
What is a Masters in Early Childhood Education?
Masters in Early Childhood Education (ECE) programs explore the learning needs of children from birth to age eight. Most ECE Masters programs discuss theories of how kids and toddlers acquire language skills, and develop socially, cognitively and emotionally. Masters degree seekers could therefore study how to plan lessons for young minds, assess their needs and foster a great environment for growth and discovery.
written by Rana Waxman
Masters in Early Childhood Education Overview
Masters in Early Childhood Education programs may be designed with either the current or aspiring educator in mind. In some states, masters level education is required by state education boards.i Consequently, some Early Childhood Education Masters programs could help prepare students to pursue their initial certification for teaching pre-kindergarten through grade four. This type of ECE program often includes core coursework and competencies required for a certification in a specific state or region. For example, students usually need to put in a specified number of field experience hours each semester. Since programs and state requirements vary, it’s important to check with your state education board to ensure you meet all the requirements.
ECE programs could help teachers who have their initial teacher licensure prepare to add credentials. For instance, teachers who have their Elementary Education Certification may want to build their skills and knowledge to address the needs of preschool and primary-level children.
Popular Schools with Early Childhood Education Masters Degrees in New York City
Early Childhood Education Curriculum
An early childhood education curriculum could be a dynamic mix of psychology, pedagogy and professional development. While courses vary a great deal, most aim to help students develop a grasp of developmental stages and ways to adapt teaching methods to children’s learning needs. Courses in how to plan lessons that foster student learning and curiosity, as well as how to chart progress, are often central. Instructional methods could include lectures, seminars, case studies, role play and team assignments.
Applicants to Masters in Early Childhood Education programs should typically hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution. Additionally, they could be required to submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and any relevant standardized test scores.Read MoreSponsored Listings
GCU offers a variety of M.A. and M.Ed. education programs designed for current educators looking to take the next step in their career. Earn your degree from an accredited non-profit university. No Application Fee!
- Online Teaching Degrees – Recognized in all 50 States
- Tuition around $4,000 a term – about half the cost of most other online universities
- Programs start monthly – Apply free this week!
- OnlineNorthcentral UniversityMaster of Education – E-LearningUpcoming Start Date: September 28, 2020The Master of Education degree with a specialization in E-Learning gives you the opportunity to explore how educational activit…More Info
- Brooklyn, NYBrooklyn College Of The City University Of New YorkEarly Childhood Education TeacherThe program in early childhood education prepares reflective teachers of children from birth through grade two.More Info
- Hempstead, NYHofstra UniversityEarly Childhood and Childhood Education (Dual Certification)The master’s dual certificate program prepares teachers in both early childhood and childhood education.More Info
- Hempstead, NY 1 More Campus Program(s) Available
- OnlineFordham UniversityChildhood Education (Grades 1-6) MSTThe Childhood Education program is distinguished by exceptionally strong field experiences and a carefully coordinated sequence of courses progressing…More Info
- Chestnut Ridge, NYSunbridge CollegeEarly Childhood Teacher EducationMore Info
- Union, NJKean UniversityEarly Childhood Education – Advanced Curriculum & Teaching (M.A.)Kean’s early childhood education master’s program prepares students to be instructional leaders who deliver a robust educational experience to their students in preschool through third grade (P-3), and prepare children for a life of learning…More Info
- New York City, NYTeachers CollegeEarly Childhood Special Education.More Info
- New York City, NY 2 More Campus Program(s) Available
- Lodi, NJFelician CollegeMasters of Arts in EducationFelician College’s Master of Arts in Education program covers issues of importance and relevance for today’s educators, such as changes in trends, practices, research, legislation, and policies, thereby giving you the knowledge and ability to lead and e…More Info
- Brooklyn, NYLong Island UniversityM.S.ED. in Early Childhood Urban Education (Birth-Grade 2)The 36-credit M.S.Ed. in Early Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 2) is for students without prior certification and leads to the degree of Master of Science and eligibility for initial NYS certification in Early Childhood Education.More Info
- New York City, NYNew York UniversityGraduate programs in Early Childhood Education and Childhood Education – MasterOur MA programs in Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2) and Childhood Education (Grades 1-6) prepare you for success as a teacher and leader in today’s demanding educational environment. As a graduate you’ll succeed in your first years of teac…More Info
- New York City, NYBank Street Graduate School of EducationEarly Childhood EducationBank Street’s Early Childhood General Education master’s programs prepare graduate students for work with children aged 0-8.More Info
- Bronxville, NYConcordia College – New YorkM.S.Ed. in Early Childhood Special EducationProgram Options: M.S.Ed. in Early Childhood Special Education and M.S.Ed. in Early Childhood General/Special Education.More Info
- Jersey City, NJNew Jersey City UniversityEarly Childhood Education with Specialized Alternate Route P-3 CertificationThis program includes a 30 credit certification sequence and an additional six credits to complete the MAT.More Info
- Madison, NJDrew UniversityMaster of Arts in TeachingBecome an inspiring teacher for the next generation – make a difference in the world.More Info
- New Rochelle, NYCollege of New RochelleEarly Childhood EducationMore Info
- Queens Village, NYSt. John’s UniversityEarly Childhood EducationMore Info
- OnlineMercy CollegeEarly Childhood Education, Birth – Grade 2If you love being around children, influencing their development, a career in Early Childhood Education might be right for you.More Info
- Dobbs Ferry, NY 1 More Campus Program(s) Available
- Bronx, NYCity University of New York (CUNY) Lehman CollegeEarly Childhood EducationMore Info