Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Kelley School of Business
CITY & STATEBloomington, INCLASS SIZE184TOTAL IN-STATE COST*$58,498TOTAL OUT-OF-STATE COST*$104,302TOTAL APPLICANTS1,084ACCEPTANCE RATE38%MEDIAN GMAT SCORE680WORK EXPERIENCE5 yearsEMPLOYED AFTER GRADUATION‡95%MEDIAN BASE SALARY$107,000MEDIAN SIGNING BONUS$25,000WEBSITEwww.kelley.iu.edu
- * Total program cost including tuition and required fees
- ‡ Percent of those seeking jobs who accepted employment within 3 months of graduation
To get a jump start on job placement, before classes begin first-year students take part in the school’s Me, Inc. program to help them identify their skills and types of careers and companies that are a good fit. These students must then choose a major and one of the school’s “academies,” like the supply chain or the capital markets academy. The academies provide advice for students getting adjusted to business school and help them find internships for the summer. Second-year students can join one of 2 academies:… Read MoreON FORBES LISTS#19Best U.S. Business Schools 2019BY THE NUMBERSClass of 2014TOTAL 5-YEAR MBA GAIN§$63,500PRE-MBA SALARY$55,0002018 SALARY$145,000YEARS TO PAYBACK3.7§5-year total compensation after graduation minus the sum of tuition, fees and foregone compensation before taxes and adjusted for the time value of moneyJob Placement by FunctionMARKETING/SALES32%CONSULTING24%FINANCE/ACCOUNTING20%GENERAL MANAGEMENT13%OTHER7%OPERATIONS/LOGISTICS4%Employment numbers for the class of 2018EnrollmentENROLMENT BY GENDERMALE65%FEMALE35%ENROLLMENT BY CITIZENSHIPU.S. CITIZENS64%FOREIGN NATIONALS36%Enrollment numbers for the class of 2020KEY ALUMNI & FORMER STUDENTS
Lubna S. OlayanTOP EMPLOYERSWHAT ALUMNI ARE SAYINGThe Kelley School of Business is second to none in preparing marketing students to address the needs of the changing landscape that marketers face today, from frameworks, to research to truly understanding consumer empathy. On top of that, the Graduate Career Services team does a better job than any other school with which I have interacted and helping guide students to the companies that will be a good career fit and preparing them to succeed in interviews.Kelley prepared me to lead through multiple chapters in my marketing career thus far. Without the ability to structure problems, connect with clients and feel confident in my ability to provide business solutions I would not have gotten to where I am today. I learned about how important it is to find a career that aligns with my values. I love my job and I’m thankful for my ability to have pursued upward progression in an industry I’m passionate about.The academics at Indiana University are top notch with a faculty that is invested in the well-being and success of MBA students. There also is a great culture at Indiana driven by a community feeling within the small classes.
Kelley School of Business, USA Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Updated On – May 2nd, 2020Bhavya Rawal Study Abroad Expert
Kelley School of Business(KSB) established in 1920 is a leading business school offering top-tier business education in Bloomington and Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. Admissions to Indiana University is selective as applications are reviewed based on individual merits and qualities with emphasis on academic performance.
- The school invites application for Fall/ Spring /Summer sessions annually.
- Admissions can be made through CommonApp/CoalitionApp/IU Application Portal
- Graduate Applicants are required to submit the application through KSB Graduate Application Portal.
- KSB Graduate accounting program accepts only TOEFL scores.
- Indian PG applicants are required to have 4 years of bachelor’s or three years of bachelor’s with one year of master’s.
|Admission requirements for international students||UG: Common App/Coalition App/University application portal|
PG: Graduate Application Portal
|Application fee||UG: $ 65 (non-refundable)|
PG: $ 75
|Application portal||UG: University online application/Common Application/Coalition application|
PG: Indiana University Application Portal
|Intake Seasons||Fall / Spring / Summer|
|Average GPA||3.38 (MBA)|
|Percentage of admitted students in MBA with FT work experience||99%|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, Part-time, Online|
|ACT Code (Bloomington)||1210|
|TOEFL/SAT Code (Bloomington)||1324|
|Mode of payment||Online|
|Financial aid||Scholarships, loans|
Kelley School of Business Admission Deadlines
Kelley School of Business follows different admission deadlines at the Indiana University, Bloomington and Indianapolis campuses. However, the school encourages the students to apply early to be considered for scholarships. The application deadlines for the two campuses are as follows:
|Fall Early Action||November 1|
|Fall Regular Decision||February 1|
|Spring (January start)||September 15|
- Applicants applying for the fall semester at Bloomington campus after February 1 are considered on a case-by-case basis and availability of space.
- International applicants interested in the summer term are only eligible for the second eight weeks.
- They are required to take a minimum of 6 credits during the summer term.
Kelley School of Business International Admission
With around 16% of international students the student body at Kelley School of Business represents around 50 countries. Of the total international students around 30% are enrolled in MBA program. For admission in the business school applicants are required to submit additional documents. These are detailed below:
Admission Requirements for International Students
- All academic records/transcripts from previously attended institutions.
- Officially certified.
- Non-English official transcripts should be accompanied along with the certified English translation.
- Standardized test scores
- Proof of English proficiency
- At least one letter of recommendation is mandatory
- An updated resume highlighting the educational qualifications and professional experience
- Letter of intent / Statement of purpose
- Financial affidavits
English Language Proficiency
Non-native English speaking applicants are required to submit proof of English language proficiency for admission in the Kelley School of Business. ELP test scores can be submitted as proof. The minimum test scores that are accepted at the school are as follows:
|Test||Minimum Required Score|
Visa process for International Students
The international students should procure an F-1/J-1 visa to pursue their studies in the US.
- The university issues
- Form I-20 to procure an F-1 visa for full-time international students
- Form DS-2019 to procure J-1 visa for international students who come to the US as exchange visitors.
- Applicants need to provide the following documents to receive the Form I-20:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Sponsor letter (if any)
- Complete the I-20 and pay the SEVIS fee
- Applicants can then apply for the F-1 / J-1 visa depending on the form received from the University. Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Schedule and attend the visa interview
Kelley School of Business Undergraduate Admissions
The Kelley School of Business offers nearly 18 majors in undergraduate programs at Bloomington. The admission requirements and process for these courses are similar. These are detailed below:
Where to apply: The students can choose one of the following application platforms:
Application fee: $ 65 USD
Enrollment deposit: $ 100 USD
Admission Requirements: Applicants should submit the following documents electronically at the time of admission through ATLAS (An online portal for International Students) :
- High school diploma/ transcript
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent
- A brief essay (200–400 words) focussing academic and career plans and any special interest
- English Proficiency test score for international students.
- SAT/ACT scores:
- Additional Documents: Counselor/teacher recommendations, work experience, leadership experience, community service.
Kelley School of Business Graduate Admissions
Kelley School of Business offers Masters, Executive, PhD programs to all its applicants at the Indiana University campuses in Bloomington and Indianapolis. Although the specific requirements vary for each program, the general admission requirements remain the same. The admission portal:
Where to Apply: IU Graduate Application Portal
Application fee: $ 75 USD
|Course||Application deadline||Application Requirements||Minimum English Language Proficiency|
|Full-Time MBA||Fall: Early: Oct 15|
Priority: Jan 5
Third: Mar 1 Final: Apr 15
|4-year bachelor/ 3 years bachelor+1 year master/equivalent, GRE/GMAT score, work experience,|
Essay, LOR, Leadership ability, Financial affidavits, Resume, Interview by invitation
TOFEL PBT: 600
|MS in Accounting||Fall: December 1||4-year bachelor/equivalent, GPA: 3.2, GRE/GMAT, Resume, Personal statement,|
Interview on a rolling basis, LOR
IELTS is not accepted.
|MS in Finance||December 1||4-year bachelor, Academic record, Personal statement, LOR, GRE/GMAT, Resume, Interview||TOFEL iBT: 105|
The school reviews the application as a whole where academic scores, standardized test scores, cocurricular indulgence, and other documents are reviewed crucially. The admission decisions for undergraduates applying for early action are released by January 15 and for those applying for regular decisions are released by March 15. Applicants applying after February 1 are reviewed on a rolling basis.