Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Lapland UAS Master School, Master Programme in Digital Business Management, Tornio
- Studies begin: Autumn 2021
- Language of instruction: English
- Teaching time: Evening teaching, Weekend teaching
- Mode of teaching: Distance teaching, Contact teaching
- Form of learning: Independent learning, Online studies, Blended learning
- Extent of the study programme: 90 ECTS credits
- Planned duration: 1,5 years
- Tuition fee: 8 000 euros
- Master of Business Administration
The objective of the online Master Programme in Digital Business Management is to provide a curriculum for students who are aiming at contributing to the enterprise value creation and value innovation process in the digital era. The contemporary business transformation requires understanding of the dynamic business landscape, evolving enterprise competitiveness and sustainability, and respective changes in enterprise ecosystems.
We are living in an economy where future leaders need to be able to develop digital business but also understand what is happening in the global business context, especially from the perspective of sustainability. They need to understand how complex ecosystems work and they need to think in terms of horizons. Leadership plays a central role in a transformation process.
The online Master Programme in Digital Business Management is designed to strengthen the students’ personal and organizational development. Development tasks are grounded on the students’ professional carrier development paths. Orientation to research, development & innovation provides unique grounds for knowledge development, thus acting as change and competitive drivers in the students’ enterprises.
The vision of the programme is based on three competence areas:
- digital transformation of enterprises,
- business ecosystems and platforms,
- horizons of the digital economy.
The three themes consist of modules aiming to deepen capabilities needed in business today and in the future. The thesis process aims at developing skills of the talents in information retrieval, analysis, scientific writing, and in research and development methods.
The mission is to educate and to train professionals with competences needed to create and develop sustainable business in the digital transformation age. The focus of the programme is on business model innovation, data management, establishing and managing service ecosystems, and inclusion management leading to new strategic orientation in the digital business context. The future business leaders need to know how to collaborate with others in order to achieve larger social goals and system change.
#laplanduas #lapinamk More about the language of instruction
The programme is conducted entirely in English. Study contents
The Master’s Degree Programme in International Business Management will conform to the requirements knowledge, skills and competencies for the level 7 of European Qualification Framework, EQF(7).
Tuition is carried out virtually by utilizing Moodle and G Suite Study Environments and Adobe Connect system.
Contact weeks are arranged once in a semester. The on-line studies make it possible to combine studies with the work and private life. Choosing a main subject or field of specialization
The Dgital Business Management gives a holistic picture of the modern business. The programme is designed to increase the competencies of the students and to respond to the needs of the changing business environment. Its foundation is on definition and solving of a development idea and problem together with the fellow students and the working life.
A strong emphasis on multiculturalism is included to enhance competencies in the field of business model development, business cultures, business platforms and ecosystems, and digital transformation strategies especially in the High-North.
Furthermore, the aims at designing and building concrete development plans for enterprises to support their digitalization processes. Leadership plays a central role in a transformation process. This means that the success of a transformation is dependent on the skills and competencies of the leadership within an organization.
The behaviour of managers is an important determinant for the culture within an organization. In the DBM programme, future managers will be trained in showing appropriate behaviour and raising awareness and engagement, and to see the horizons of the digital economy. Tuition fees
At Lapland University of Applied Sciences tuition fees will be charged from the non-EU/EEA citizens who accept a study place in an English-taught Bachelor or Master degree programme starting on 1 September 2017 or later.
The fees will not concern:
• citizens of the European Economic Area or equivalent; EU Blue Card holders; persons with a continuous or permanent residence permit or an EU residence permit granted for a third-country national with a long-term resident status, family members of the above mentioned.
• non-EEA citizens, who study in Finnish (the degree programme is taught Finnish)
How Much is the tuition fee?
The tuition fee will be 8000€ per academic year for both Bachelor and Master programmes.Scholarships for education leading to a master’s degree
At Lapland University of Applied Sciences, the tuition fee for international students from outside the EU and EEA countries is €8,000/academic year.
Scholarship based on the progress of studies:
A student is granted a scholarship of €2,000 if they graduate within the target time frame.
Read more about the tuition fees
More information on tuition fees are found from www.studyinfo.fi from the following link:
- Semester 1: The Global Digital Economy 5 cr, Leading Knowledge and Networks 5 cr, Leading Business Model Innovation 5 cr, Elective course 5 crSemester 2 : Business Research and Development Methods 5 cr, Business Ecosystems 5 cr, Digital Platforms 5 cr, Digital Customer Experience Management 5 crSemester 3: Digital Transformation Strategies 5 cr, Data Management 5 cr, Financial and Performance Management 5 cr, Elective course 5 cr.Master Thesis process will start during the 2nd semester.
- Opintojen rakenne (kuva)
- ThemeHorizons of the Digital EconomyDigital Transformation of EnterprisesBusiness Ecosystems and PlatformsResearch, Development and InnovationLeading Knowledge and Networks 5 crBusiness Research and Development Methods 5 crMaster Thesis 30 crCore CompetencesThe Global Digital Economy 5 crDigital Transformation Strategies 5 crLeading Business Model Innovation 5 crBusiness Ecosystems 5 cr Profiling CompetencesDigital Customer Experience Management 5 crFinancial and Performance Management 5 crData management 5 crDigital Platforms 5 crElectives:Inclusion Management 5 crDigital Entrepreneurship 5 crDigital Project Management 5 crCircular Economy in the Digital 5 cr
The Master thesis (30 cr) process aims at developing skills of the talents in information retrieval, analysis, scientific writing, and in research and development methods.
- to develop and demonstrate the student’s ability to apply research data,
- to use selected methods for analyzing and solving work place problems,
- to carry out demanding specialist tasks independently.
Due to the improved competences in international business management many graduated students have advanced in their career within in the same organization or found new career opportunities in other organizations. Qualification
The Master’s Degree Programme in Digital Business Management will conform to the requirements knowledge, skills and competencies for the level 7 of European Qualification Framework, EQF(7).
The generic competences consist of learning, ethical, working community, innovation and internationalization competences. The subject specific competence areas are digital transformation of enterprises, business ecosystems and platforms, and horizons of the digital economy
The studies are based on competence-based learning philosophy. In all themes the theory is closely linked to practice and the students’ own working place. The competence development starts from the first semester and is regularly evaluated during the studies. This process takes place in close co-operation between the students through self- and peer-evaluation, coaches and working life. Internationalization
Internationalization is obvious in the programme where all tuition is in English, the teachers and students come from different countries and cultures and all courses are related to international issues. There are also close relationships with international partners, both businesses and universities. Co-operation with other parties
Joint courseware, virtual modules and projects will be carried out in close collaboration with other students working in different companies and with international partner institutions. Research focus
In all courses and the Master thesis, the theories will be applied to students’ home organizations or a regional development project. The core is the continuous discussion and reflection between the theory and practice.