Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
If you are curious about learning more about msc product design engineering for the first time, you may find it overwhelming to those who’ve never researched the subject previously, but you’ll become fascinated at first sight with the details you learn.
Find out more about kingston university advanced product design engineering, product design masters london, msc product design uk, and kingston university msc engineering. Also read articles related to kingston university msc advanced industrial and manufacturing systems on collegelearners.
The Masters in Product Design Engineering, taught in collaboration with the School of Design, Glasgow School of Art will develop your ability to design products with significant engineering content, address user needs, and optimise solutions for specific markets.
- Academic contact: [email protected]
- Teaching start: September
- MSc: 12 months full-time
WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- This exciting programme will enable you to benefit from the combined resources and complementary expertise of staff of two top ranking Scottish institutions, University of Glasgow and Glasgow School of Art.
- Studio-based, student-centered learning based around design project activities. Students have access to state-of-the-art product design engineering prototyping and manufacturing processes in the PDE workshops at GSA and University of Glasgow.
- There are increasing pressures, from both existing and emerging world marketplaces, for products which not only respond to the needs of function, user and society, but which can be brought to market ever more rapidly through state-of-the-art development and manufacturing processes. Industries which develop, manufacture and market today’s products need high-caliber graduates equipped to handle these processes with management skill and creative drive, and this programme develops graduates with these skills.
- The studio programme explores cultural, management, perceptual, process and psychological issues, offering a curriculum relevant to the needs of industry and an understanding of the role of the design engineer in society.
- The MSc Product Design Engineering is accredited in the “Further Learning” category accredited the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED). This means that a student with an accredited BEng undergraduate degree can take the accredited “Further Learning” MSc to top-up their academic qualifications in order to meet the full academic requirements for conferral of the title of Chartered Engineer. This is an alternative route to the 5-year undergraduate MEng route.
- The programme is in the process of gaining reaccreditation with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- The University of Glasgow has been delivering world-class engineering education and research since 1840.
- The School of Engineering has an Athena Swan Bronze Award, demonstrating the school’s commitment to supporting women in scientific studies and careers, and to improving the working environment for all.
You will attend lectures, seminars and tutorials and take part in lab, project, team and studio work, industrial visits, and workshops.
- ADVANCED MANUFACTURE
- HUMAN FACTORS
- INTEGRATED ENGINEERING DESIGN
- MICROELECTRONICS IN CONSUMER PRODUCTS 4
- PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEERING PROJECT
- MSc PROJECT
- INSTRUMENTATION AND DATA SYSTEMS 3
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING M3
- GLASGOW SCHOOL OF ART ELECTIVE (you will choose from a list of options)
Programme alteration or discontinuation
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In exceptional circumstances, however, the University may withdraw or alter a programme. For more information, please see: Student contract.
Career opportunities include product research and development, system design, product manufacture and engineering design. The programme aims to provide opportunities to work on live projects with industry: this can lead to employment opportunities. Examples of companies that employ our Product Design Engineering graduates are Apple, DELL, Dyson, Jaguar-Land Rover, TomTom and Smart.
FEES & FUNDING
Tuition fees for 2021-22
Fees available from the Glasgow School of Art.
Fee information is subject to change and is for guidance only
Finduddannelse.dk is a Danish platform for lifelong learning.
The scholarship will be awarded for the fall/autumn semester of 2021 and is open to people from anywhere in the world who want to study a master’s program that is helping you making the world more sustainable.
Please see Finduddannelse.dk Sustainability Scholarship for more details.
Our ideal candidate is a student that is planning on starting a master’s degree that can help alleviate the impact of the climate change – whether it be within clean energy, biology, architecture, economics, business, health, agriculture, law, political science, journalism or any other relevant field.
Commonwealth Scholarship Schemes
Commonwealth Scholarships are available each year to fund Commonwealth citizens’ study in the UK for undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications. A range of scholarship schemes are available for citizens of Commonwealth countries other than the UK. Further information is available on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s website.
University of Glasgow Chancellors Award (Nigeria)
The University of Glasgow has 10 Chancellors Award Scholarships available to Nigerian students starting a postgraduate taught Masters programme in any discipline in academic session 2021-22. The scholarship is awarded as a tuition fee discount.