Last Updated on December 22, 2022 by Omoyeni Adeniyi
While choosing a school, you should consider a number of factors including accommodation costs, acceptance rates, graduation rates, tuition fees, entry requirements, etc. If you plan on attending notre dame law school notre dame law school, you should see how it ranks.
Read on to learn about notre dame law school ranking, notre dame law school acceptance rate, notre dame law school notable alumni, notre dame law school admissions, and best law schools in the world. You will also find related posts on notre dame law school ranking on koboguide.
University of Notre Dame is ranked No. 22 in Best Law Schools. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
#20 in Acceptance Rate
Notre Dame Law School Ranking – An Overview
No other university can beat Notre Dame law school ranking in being the most practical Catholic institute in the US. This law school has gained its popularity by being one of the toughest law schools to get into, especially in the state of Indiana. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Notre Dame law school ranking is considerably high. Apart from the formal legal education, students are given multiple opportunities for internships and exchange programs. Located near the famous football ground of Notre Dame University, this law school holds several rankings with an impressive legal profile in the US law schools list. Here are some of the prominent Notre Dame law school rankings.
- Notre Dame law school stands on the 22nd number in the top law schools, based on the standards of legal excellence in education and training.
- Notre Dame law school ranking for the acceptance rate is 20th among all the law schools of the US. This Catholic law school has a student selectivity rate of 25%, out of all those who apply for admission each year.
- The median LSAT scores determine the admission acceptance or rejection of an applicant, and Notre Dame law school is ranked on number 21 regarding the median LSAT score for admission. LSAT is a tool for measuring the reasoning of the candidates in the areas of logic, analytical abilities, and comprehension.
- Notre Dame law school ranking for its students getting jobs right after graduation is 23rd. More than 70% of the law graduates of Notre Dame get employed by big law firms and business organizations as soon as they complete their degree.
- The tuition fee of this prestigious law school is the 24th highest fee for all the law schools in the US. For full-time law students at Notre Dame law school, the tuition fee is around $60000, which is twice the fee of many state law schools in the US.
- The average initial salary of the Notre Dame Law graduates is somewhat near $130000, in most of the private law firms, with high repute. This ranks Notre Dame law school on the 26 number in the highest starting salary.
- Having a huge law library is considered a respectable element in the race of law schools. This law school has 746800 volumes in its library, with the Notre Dame law school ranking for the largest library standing on 28th number.
- The median GPA for the applying students at any law school matters a lot in their acceptance and rejection. The median GPA for the undergraduate students applying at Notre Dame law school is 3.7, which is the same as the median GPA for the Columbia law school. Notre Dame stands in 31st position in the highest average GPA for admission.
- The Notre Dame law school ranking for the lowest student to faculty ratio is 61st.
- Despite being the devout Catholic law school in the US, this law school has no discrimination against students from diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, religions, races, and regions. There are thousands of students from minority groups and various races, making Notre Dame 103rd top institute with diverse student profiles.
Notre Dame Law School Admissions
The Notre Dame law school has been serving the best legal education in the US for decades. There are multiple degree programs offered at this law school, along with legal clinics and externships for the students to gain real-life experiences. The admission deadline for each legal year application is March 15th. The tuition fee for the full-time students selected at Notre Dame is $62,500, and the admission fee for the full-time law degree programs is $75. Notre Dame law school has seats for all the minority groups based on gender, race, and ethnicity. The student population of each law class is divided into almost 55% males and 45% female students.
The applications for the law programs at Notre Dame can be submitted after providing a certificate of 3.71 GPA or more in the undergraduate program, and an LSAT score of 65. According to a 2020 report by the publiclegal, the Notre Dame law school’s bar passage rate is 84%. Notre Dame offers numerous opportunities in all legal sectors and recognized professional training. There are four major legal programs offered there; LLM degree, JD degree, JSD degree, and a dual degree.
JD is a foundation degree in law with a minimum of 90 credit hours, and you can opt for it after the basic program from any institute. JD degree lets you practice law in any of the branches of American law. LLM degree is offered to already practicing lawyers or graduated law students, Notre Dame has LLM in many fields like International Human Rights and Criminal law. A JSD degree is for the people who wish to seek their doctoral in law, after the LLM program. Dual degrees at Notre Dame law school allow the students to merge their legal degrees with other academic fields such as global affairs, political science, and technology.
Notre Dame Law School Ranking In Top Legal Publications
According to the Washington and Lee`s Journal Rankings, Notre Dame law school ranking for legal publications moved from 22nd to 8th position. This ranking is grounded on the number of occurrences of their legal journals in higher court decisions. The Washington and Lee`s Journal rankings are also based on how frequently the legal journals and publications have been used in legal academic writings in the US. That jump from 22nd to 8th position indicates the high-quality legal research and influential law practice of the students of Notre Dame law school. Students at Notre Dame law school put in a lot of effort to publish their work in the renowned legal journals of the country and contribute to the enhancement of legal services.
Notre Dame Law ranks #20 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 25.1% among those who applied for admission.
#21 in Median LSAT
Notre Dame Law is tied for #21 in terms of the median LSAT score (165) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#23 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#33 in Employment Rate at 10 Months
Notre Dame Law ranks #23 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (71.0%) and #33 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (86.0%).
#24 in Highest Tuition
Notre Dame Law ranks #24 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($58,358). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#26 in Private Sector Salary
Notre Dame Law is tied for #26 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($130,000).
#28 in Library Size
Notre Dame Law ranks #28 in terms of library size with 746,789 volumes or equivalents.
#31 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Notre Dame Law ranks #31 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.71) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#61 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Notre Dame Law is tied for #61 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (6.3:1).
#69 in Public Sector Salary
Notre Dame Law is tied for #69 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($56,275).
#71 in Bar Passage Rate
Notre Dame Law ranks #71 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (84.1%), and it outperforms by +5.1% the state of Illinois’s overall bar passage rate of 79.0%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#103 in Presence of Minority Students
Notre Dame Law ranks #103 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (31.3%).
#155 in Presence of Female Faculty
Notre Dame Law is tied for #155 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (33.1%).
#165 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Notre Dame Law ranks #165 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (8.3%).
Notre Dame Law School Admissions
Notre Dame Law School is considered a Competitive law school, which accepts only 36% of its applicants. Comparatively, Notredame is Significantly Higher than the average cost for law school.
|Class of 2026
Tuition And Financial Aid
- Living on-campus:$19,950
- Living off-campus:$19,950
- Living at home:$19,950
Notre Dame Law School Curriculum
The size of 1L sections affects the quality and consistency of teaching in law schools. Generally with smaller 1L section sizes, students receive more individualized attention. Notre Dame Law School 1L section size is 11% larger than law schools in Indiana and 13% larger than all PRIVATE law schools.
1L Section Size Comparison
Notre Dame Law School: 168
Indiana Average: 150
PRIVATE School Average: 146
Positions Available in Advanced Courses
- Simulation Courses:366
- Faculty Supervised Clinics:104
Students Involved in Advanced Activities
- Field Placements:99
- Law Journals:381
- Moot Court/Mock Trials:0
- First Year:2.0%
- Second Year:1.2%
- Third Year:0.0%
- Fourth Year: