Post Study Work Visa in Denmark

Last Updated on December 13, 2022 by

Are you interested in knowing more about work and study permit as an international student and you don’t know how to go about it? Has this question been on your mind for some time Denmark post study work visa? Have you been surfing the net for post study work visa Denmark for a while without a great reaction? Then you’re getting one. Collegelearners offers answers to all your questions about Denmark post study work permit, so you no longer need to participate in an endless hunt.

I would suggest that you save time and effort by visiting Collegelearners as soon as possible for related answers to post study work visa in Denmark.

Visas for Russia, Visas in Russia

Denmark Post Study Work Visa

  • Nordic citizens of Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden are free to enter, reside, study and work in Denmark. Neither visas nor residence or work permits are required.
  • EU/EEA/Swiss citizens do not need to apply for a work permit. You may stay in Denmark under the EU rules regarding the free movement of people and services. But if you want to stay for longer than three months, you must apply for a registration certificate under EU rules. The application must be submitted within three months of entering Denmark. Please note: the special interim arrangement concerning employees from Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia ended on 1 May 2009.
  • Non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens will need a residence permit to work in Denmark. Upon graduation from a Danish higher education institution, your residence permit will remain valid for an additional six months, allowing you to seek employment in Denmark. Provided your visa hasn’t already been extended for an extra six months you can apply for such an extension to your permit.
Belgium, UK, Greece, Norway, USA, Ireland & Canada - Most Powerful  Passports Of 2019: India Loses Charm; Singapore, Japan Among  Travel-Friendly Countries | The Economic Times

Work Permits and Employment-Based Visas

There are several types of visas that grant you residence in Denmark. The one you apply for depends on your specific situation:

  • work (including separate visas for working holiday, internship, religious workers, au pair)
  • residence in Greenland or the Faroe Islands
  • family reunification
  • study (including a separate PhD visa)
  • asylum, etc.

In this section, we focus on work permits and employment-based visas. Read on to know who will need a visa and who is exempt.

Who needs to apply for a Danish Visa

Citizens of Nordic countries (i.e., Finland, Iceland, Norway, or Sweden­) do not need any type of work or residence permit, or even their passport. These can simply enter the country. Their family members can join them just as easily, if they are also nationals of Nordic countries. For these citizens their driver’s license or bank card is enough to prove their identity.

Citizens of the EU and the EEA also don’t need to apply for a visa to live, work, or study in Denmark. However, if they wish to take up employment and residence, EU citizens should still abide by a few immigration rules with SIRI (Danish Immigration Service and The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration).

All other citizens will need to apply for a visa. Keep in mind you cannot apply for work or residence if you enter Denmark with a Schengen Visa. These only allow you to stay in the country for 90 days. You will have to apply for a residence and work permit if you wish to stay longer.

Easy Steps To Apply for visa to Denmark from Nigeria - Cheap Flights | Visa  Support | Hotel Booking

Types of Danish Work Visas

EU citizens do not need a visa to enter the country but they still need to register with SIRI. This is done in person, at one of SIRI’s branches in Copenhagen, Odense, Aarhus, Aalbord, or Aabenraa. Just make sure to book an appointment in advance.

EU nationals are required to have

  • passport or national ID;
  • accurate passport-size photo;
  • completed copy of the application for OD1;
  • documentation on your grounds for residence as a worker.

Citizens of all other countries will need a visa and residence permit to work in Denmark. There are several types of visas for work:

  • Fast-Track Scheme
  • Pay Limit Scheme
  • Positive List
  • researcher (and guest researcher)
  • employed PhD
  • herdsmen and farm managers
  • trainee
  • others

In this section, we focus on the work visas that apply to the broadest range of employment sectors. That is the Fast-Track Scheme, the Pay Limit Scheme, and the Positive List. You can find more information on other types of specific work visas on SIRI.

You will find that some of these visa types are intertwined. For example, the Fast-Track Visa splits into four different schemes corresponding with other visa types (research, pay limit, etc.), depending on the type of work you will take up.

Fast-Track Scheme Visa

The Fast-Track visa is for highly qualified employees who have been offered a contract with a certified company in Denmark. It is called Fast-Track because it allows the employer to take care of the entire visa application process on behalf of the employee making the entire process speedy. This permit allows employees to alternate between working in Denmark and abroad.

This visa is divided into four schemes:

  • pay limit track for a minimum yearly salary of 427,000 (63,000 USD)
  • researcher track
  • educational track
  • short-term track

Applying for a Positive List Visa

This type of work visa is specific to job positions which are in shortage in the country. Check a full list of in-demand professions in Denmark to see if you can apply via the Positive List Visa.

Business Visa

If you are coming to Denmark for a short stay and for work purposes only, you can look into a business visa. These visas are valid for a 90 day stay in a 180 day period. You can find more information for the short-term visa for business visits on SIRI.

Family Visa

If you want your family, spouse, or partner to join you in Denmark, you can apply for family reunification. The visa process will vary according to the family member’s relationship with the Danish resident.

On the SIRI portal, you will find all the family and spouse visas and how to apply online. There are visas for spouses or cohabiting partners, children, parents, or siblings of the person who was granted residence in Denmark. There are also different processes for requesting EU residence as a family member of an EU citizen in Denmark, or family reunification with a Danish citizen.

These visas can take up to ten months to process and cost 6,380 DKK (945 USD).

Danish Work Visas and Permits: Application Process and Requirements

Some requirements are common to all types of work visas. Applications are made online through SIRI.

Step One: Create a Case Order ID

Once you have selected the type of visa that best fits your work situation, you will be asked to create a case order ID. For some types of visas, the application is submitted entirely by your employer. For this, you will need to hand them what is known as power of attorney by filling in the power of attorney form.

Step Two: Pay the Visa Fee

All applications are processed annually. To avoid any issues with your application, make sure you create the case order ID and pay the fee in the same year.

The majority of Danish work visas cost 3,025 DKK (445 USD).

Step Three: Submit the Required Documents

You will be asked to submit the following documents:

  • Proof that you have paid the visa fee by attaching the receipt.
  • Copy of your passport, including all pages, front cover, and back cover.
  • Form for power of attorney fully completed.
  • Employment contract or job offer (cannot be more than 30 days old) containing information about you, your salary, terms of employment, and job description.
  • Educational diplomas and qualifications that prove you are qualified for the position.
  • Danish authorization if required for the job position (e.g., for regulated professions such as doctors, lawyers, etc.).
Software error exposes the ID numbers for 1.26 million Danish citizens |  ZDNet
Step Four: Submit the Work Visa Application Form

The type of work visa application form you will need depends on your employment. The most common are:

  • The AR1 online: this electronic form is filled out by both the employee and the employer. For this type of form, your employer must fill in the first part. A password is then generated, which your employer should pass to you so that you can complete the second part of the form.
  • The AR6 online: this form is filled out entirely by an employer who has been given power of attorney.
Step Five: Have your Biometrics Taken

This must be done within 14 days of submitting your application. You must have your photo taken and fingerprints recorded at a Danish diplomatic mission abroad.

Step Six: Wait for a Response

You will be informed of the result of your application usually within 30 days. For some work visa types, like the Fast-Track Visa, this response should take less time, typically around ten days.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *