Last Updated on December 22, 2022 by Omoyeni Adeniyi
The application deadline for the online MBA programs at Syracuse University (Whitman), a private school, is rolling. Ninety-four percent of students are already employed when they first enroll. For these programs, all of the online classes are recorded and archived. Students should also note that the online MBA programs at Syracuse University (Whitman) are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation.
About the Online MBA Degree Program
Content in this section is provided by the school.READ MORE
MBA@Syracuse offers students everywhere access to the full-time Whitman MBA program. Whitman’s award-winning faculty teach MBA@Syracuse classes on a live, online platform, and MBA@Syracuse graduates receive the same Whitman degree as on-campus students. The curriculum blends a foundation in core business principles, specialized study in an area of concentration, and hands-on domestic and international residencies.
2021 MBA Program Quick Stats
ENROLLMENT1,207TUITION PER CREDIT$1,683APPLICATION DEADLINERolling
Syracuse University (Whitman) Rankings
Syracuse University (Whitman) is ranked No. 35 out of 295 in Best Online MBA Programs. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
- #35in Best Online MBA Programs (tie)
- #20in Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans (tie)
- #16in Best Online Business Analytics MBA Programs (tie)
Best Online Programs Ranking Indicators
See how this program stacks up against 294 others, based on factors used in the U.S. News methodology.
Faculty Credentials and Training rank
Faculty Credentials and Training score
Services and Technologies rank
Services and Technologies score
Student Excellence rank
Student Excellence score
Expert Opinion score (out of 5)
MBA Program Data
Applying to Syracuse University (Whitman)
Application (Fall 2021)
Application deadline (U.S. residents)
Application deadline (international students)
Notification of admissions
Data appear as submitted by school
Same admissions standards are used for all online programs
Sometimes denies admittance to qualified applicants
Admits applicants living abroad
Admissions & Enrollment
Average undergraduate GPA
Entrants providing undergraduate GPA
Average GMAT score
Entrants providing GMAT scores
Average GRE score breakdown
- 150 verbal
- 155 quantitative
- 4.8 analytical writing
Entrants providing GRE scores
Students with prior work experience
Average months work experience of new entrants
Application essay required
Standardized test policy
GMAT or GRE required with exceptions
Letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation from professional contacts
Business-related work experience requirement
Business-related undergraduate degree requirement
Business-related undergraduate course work requirement
TOEFL required for international students
Minimum TOEFL score required
Paper 80, Internet 100
Undergraduate field of study
Standardized test scores
First-generation college student
Applicant’s interest level
syracuse university mba requirements
Syracuse University MBA Full-Time Admission Requirements
The Syracuse University MBA program admission is highly selective. Applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the Syracuse University MBA program are not automatically admitted to the program.
To be considered for admission, a Syracuse University MBA program applicant must possess at a minimum:
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Completed application
- Recommended minimum GPA is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GMAT or GRE exam*
- Recommended minimum GMAT score is 600. The 2020 entering class average was 618.
- For those with GRE scores, you can convert them to GMAT through the website.
- Program code for GMAT is NG0-SB-40
- Institution code for GRE is 2823
- English exam (for international students)
- Minimum total score for TOEFL is 100, IELTS Academic 7.0, Duolingo English Test 120
- Preferred speaking score for TOEFL is 24, IELTS 7.5
- Institution code for TOEFL is 2823, department code is 02 if required.
- IELTS: Please contact the test center directly where you took the test and request that your official test scores be sent electronically using the IELTS system. All IELTS test centers worldwide are able to send scores electronically to our institution.
- E-download Account Name: Syracuse University-Graduate Admissions
- E-download Account Address: Graduate Admission 716 E. Washington St. Suite 600 Syracuse NY 13210-1572
*GMAT/GRE waivers are available for the 2021 admission cycle. To be considered for a GMAT/GRE Waiver, applicants should contact the Whitman Masters Programs Admissions Team at [email protected]. Applicants that do submit a score may improve their chances of being admitted, as well as increase their opportunity for a competitive merit-based scholarship.
Work experience is preferred, but not required for admission. We do accept qualified candidates without work experience who possess, among other criteria, exceptionally strong academic backgrounds, demonstrated leadership, and a strong potential for success in business.
No formula is employed in admission decision-making. Candidates are evaluated individually, with special consideration given to professional experience and accomplishments, including the potential for career growth and advancement. Other factors considered are the candidate’s prior academic success, the GMAT exam, and communication skills as evidenced in the application essays.
Historically, one of the Syracuse University MBA program’s greatest strengths has been the diversity of its student body. We continue to seek candidates with diverse racial, ethnic, social, academic, and professional backgrounds and career goals.