Established in 1870, Syracuse University is a private university and has a tradition of bringing students from across the world to create and break boundaries.
The school consists of 13 schools and colleges, with each of the schools strategically located to accommodate students’ academic challenges. The school’s online MBA program is operated through the Martin J. White School of Management.
The online MBA program is curated to impact students with decision-making and analytical skills needed in today’s competitive job market. The program also combines theoretical framework with practical approaches so that students can earn an MBA degree which carries the same value as the ones issued to on-campus students
Whether you are a busy professional or a stay-at-home mum, the online MBA program of this university is designed to meet your needs. You can carry out research, submit your coursework and assignments from the comfort of your home or office.
Classes are held through online platforms and students have the opportunity to network with captains of industries. The program is approved by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
MBA Program Overview
The application deadline for the online MBA programs at Syracuse University (Whitman), a private school, is rolling. Ninety-four percent of students are already employed when they first enroll. For these programs, all of the online classes are recorded and archived. Students should also note that the online MBA programs at Syracuse University (Whitman) are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation.
About the Online MBA Degree Program
Content in this section is provided by the school.READ MORE
MBA@Syracuse offers students everywhere access to the full-time Whitman MBA program. Whitman’s award-winning faculty teach MBA@Syracuse classes on a live, online platform, and MBA@Syracuse graduates receive the same Whitman degree as on-campus students. The curriculum blends a foundation in core business principles, specialized study in an area of concentration, and hands-on domestic and international residencies.
Syracuse Whiteman Online MBA Acceptance Rate and More
|Syracuse University Online MBA
|Data Analytics, Accounting, etc.
|Fee of course
|AACSB and MSCHE
|GMAT or GRE. It can be waived for students with more than 5 years of work experience
|Work ex required
|Minimum of one year of work experience
|Bachelor’s degree from an approved university
Syracuse University (Whitman) Rankings
Syracuse University (Whitman) is ranked No. 35 out of 295 in Best Online MBA Programs. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
- #35in Best Online MBA Programs (tie)
- #20in Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans (tie)
- #16in Best Online Business Analytics MBA Programs (tie)
Applying to Syracuse University (Whitman)
Application (Fall 2021)
Application deadline (U.S. residents)
Application deadline (international students)
Notification of admissions
Data appear as submitted by school
Same admissions standards are used for all online programs
Sometimes denies admittance to qualified applicants
Admits applicants living abroad
Admissions & Enrollment
Average undergraduate GPA
Entrants providing undergraduate GPA
Average GMAT score
Entrants providing GMAT scores
Average GRE score breakdown
- 150 verbal
- 155 quantitative
- 4.8 analytical writing
Entrants providing GRE scores
Students with prior work experience
Average months work experience of new entrants
Application essay required
Standardized test policy
GMAT or GRE required with exceptions
Letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation from professional contacts
Business-related work experience requirement
Business-related undergraduate degree requirement
Business-related undergraduate course work requirement
TOEFL required for international students
Minimum TOEFL score required
Paper 80, Internet 100
Undergraduate field of study
Standardized test scores
First-generation college student
Applicant’s interest level
syracuse university mBA requirements
The program’s curriculum covers the following courses at 54 credit hours:
- Data analysis
- Organizational leadership.
There are several elective courses in areas such as:
- Project Management
- Marketing Research
- Six Sigma
The total amount payable is $96,636 at 54 credit hours. This amount does not include textbooks and other learning materials. Also, on an occasional basis, students might be invited to attend on-campus residency; transportation and meal costs are to be borne by students.
Students are expected to meet the following criteria before they are considered for admission:
- Must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an approved university
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of work experience
- Students must write two (2) personal essays during the application process
- Students are required to submit at least two (2) recommendation letters
- Students are also required to submit their GRE or GMAT scores. These examinations can be waived for students with more than 5 years of work experience.
- International students are expected to submit their TOEFL scores
- Students are also required to forward their official degree transcripts (for students who earned their Bachelor’s degree from other universities) to
- Application Processing Services
- Suite 501
- 7900 Harkins Road
- Lanham, MD 20706
How To Apply For Admission
- Visit https://apply.onlinebusiness.syr.edu/signup to get started
- Create an account by entering your email, password, first name, and last name
- Click on “start application”
- Confirm your email address
- Fill the application forms
- Upload your GRE or GMAT score if applicable
- Upload your recommendation letters
- If you meet the required criteria, the school’s admission committee will notify you of your admission status by mail.
It takes 2 years to complete the program. But for flexibility purposes, students can seek advice from their academic advisors to extend their duration to 3 years if needed.
The program is approved by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Class Profile And Potential Salary
- International students make up about 7% of the total number of students pursuing an online MBA degree
- The ratio of male to female is 7:3
- On average, the age of first-year students is 32 years
- Holders of online MBA of this great school earn around 80,000 annually.
- Syracuse University is ranked number 54 in National Universities rankings and number 11 by Financial Times in their 2018 ranking of online MBA programs across the world.
- Students are expected to have a GMAT score of 600 before they can be considered for admission. However, the GMAT can be waived for students with 5 years of work experience.
- If you have GRE scores, click here to convert them to GMAT.
- The institution code for GRE is 2823
- The GMAT program code is NG0-SB-40
Students can apply for any of the following scholarships to defray their academic costs:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans: Eligible students can receive up to $20,500 in an academic session. This scholarship is regardless of students’ spousal or personal income.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans: This scholarship is specifically for graduate students and can be accessed each academic year.
- Private Loans: Students who do not have the wherewithal to finance their academic costs can apply for private loans through private lenders.
- Syracuse University’s scholarship: Eligible students can also apply for scholarship through the Martin J. Whiteman School of Management.
- Veterans Benefits: Eligible students can also access funds through veterans benefits. Click here for more information
Acceptance Rate And Deadlines
- According to the program’s bulletin, the acceptance rate is 83%.
Application deadlines are as follows
- August 2
- November 8
- February 6
- May 7
“As a nontraditional student, I found myself asking others what they thought of the MBA program and what it means to be a Syracuse University MBA graduate. One message that I took to heart was—you get out of the program what you put into it. That’s when you look inside yourself and you realize you need to dig in and be more persistent, stronger, and determined than you have ever been before.”
—Mark Diaz, MBA ’21
Syracuse University MBA Full-Time Admission Requirements
The Syracuse University MBA program admission is highly selective. Applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the Syracuse University MBA program are not automatically admitted to the program.
To be considered for admission, a Syracuse University MBA program applicant must possess at a minimum:
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Completed application
- Recommended minimum GPA is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GMAT or GRE exam*
- Recommended minimum GMAT score is 600. The 2020 entering class average was 618.
- For those with GRE scores, you can convert them to GMAT through the website.
- Program code for GMAT is NG0-SB-40
- Institution code for GRE is 2823
- English exam (for international students)
- Minimum total score for TOEFL is 100, IELTS Academic 7.0, Duolingo English Test 120
- Preferred speaking score for TOEFL is 24, IELTS 7.5
- Institution code for TOEFL is 2823, department code is 02 if required.
- IELTS: Please contact the test center directly where you took the test and request that your official test scores be sent electronically using the IELTS system. All IELTS test centers worldwide are able to send scores electronically to our institution.
- E-download Account Name: Syracuse University-Graduate Admissions
- E-download Account Address: Graduate Admission 716 E. Washington St. Suite 600 Syracuse NY 13210-1572
*GMAT/GRE waivers are available for the 2021 admission cycle. To be considered for a GMAT/GRE Waiver, applicants should contact the Whitman Masters Programs Admissions Team at [email protected]. Applicants that do submit a score may improve their chances of being admitted, as well as increase their opportunity for a competitive merit-based scholarship.
Work experience is preferred, but not required for admission. We do accept qualified candidates without work experience who possess, among other criteria, exceptionally strong academic backgrounds, demonstrated leadership, and a strong potential for success in business.
No formula is employed in admission decision-making. Candidates are evaluated individually, with special consideration given to professional experience and accomplishments, including the potential for career growth and advancement. Other factors considered are the candidate’s prior academic success, the GMAT exam, and communication skills as evidenced in the application essays.
Historically, one of the Syracuse University MBA program’s greatest strengths has been the diversity of its student body. We continue to seek candidates with diverse racial, ethnic, social, academic, and professional backgrounds and career goals.
Is Syracuse a good school for an MBA?
Syracuse University offers both an in-person and online MBA program. The in-person MBA program is ranked on U.S. News & World Report as #62 out of 328 MBA programs, while it’s online MBA program, according to Syracuse’s website, ranks even higher:
- 8 in Best Online MBAs (Fortune Education in 2021)
- 28 in Best Online MBAs (The Princeton Review in 2021)
- 35 in Best Online MBAs (U.S. News & World Report in 2021)
For students considering applying to Syracuse’s MBA program, below are the minimum application requirements in order to be considered for admission:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 / 4.0
- Minimum GMAT score of 600 or minimum GRE (Quantitative portion) of 160 (may be waived for those who qualify)