Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Interested in trinity western university graduate programs? No worries, there are many courses you can take. You can take trinity western university tuition fees for international students, or trinity western university programs.
You can read on to learn more about trinity western university tuition fees for international students, trinity western university programs, trinity western university acceptance rate, trinity western university international students, and even trinity western university ranking. More information on this subject is available on Collegelearners.
Trinity Western University was originally established in 1957 as a Christian College in Canada. In 1962 they formed their very own junior college and in 1985, they established a full-fledged accredited university with a unique vision for Christian liberal arts and sciences education in Canada. Today it is among the largest independent Christian liberal arts institutions in Canada with a total enrollment of about 5,000 students every year into a variety of streams.
Their main aim is to produce positive, goal-oriented leaders who place their beliefs in serving god and inculcating positive values. Trinity University has a number of undergraduate and graduate courses that have been divided into various schools and colleges including Humanities, Sciences, Arts, Media, Education, Business, Nursing, and Human Kinetics. They also have a separate graduate school for students looking for admission to graduate programs. For students who do not have adequate knowledge of English, the university provides one-year pathway programs before the start of their degree.
- Trinity Western University is ranked among the top two universities in Canada for Educational Experience by the National Survey of Student Engagement according to Maclean’s magazine.
- In 2018, it was ranked as #267 in top universities of the world by the Best Global Universities Ranking.
- It is also ranked as one of the fairly good colleges for university sports and athletics.
- It has been listed as #59th in Canada 2020 QS Global World University Rankings list 2020.
|Total number of Students
|Number of Programs
|Summer, Spring, and Fall
|Minimum TOEFL score
|Minimum IELTS score
|Overall 6.5 with at least 6.0 in the writing section
|Minimum GPA for Graduate courses
|Required for some courses
|Scholarships, Loans, and Grants
- Trinity Western University has a campus area of 157 acres and is located close to Langley, BC.
- It has several campus extensions in Richmond, Ottawa, and Bellingham.
- Athletics is widely regarded at TWU and the campus offers an entire Fitness center and Gymnasium with newly renovated locker and shower rooms.
- Other outdoor recreational facilities include tennis courts, volleyball courts, and a Sports field.
- It also has a vast library with 225,000 print holds as well as electronic books which is open 24/7 for students to visit.
- Student Clubs like Philosophy Club, Music Guild, and Student Business association provide a holistic and fulfilling experience to all its students.
- Trinity Western University provides over seven different housing locations for students to choose from which are 5-10 minutes walk away from the campus facilities.
- TWU provides housing to 1,100 students out of nearly 5,000 admits.
- Each residence hall is divided into small groups of 14-22 students and every student is assisted by a Resident Assistant.
- Most of the halls are co-ed with shared rooms depending on the year of admission. They have different floor plans and rooms for different ages of students.
- Common facilities include community lounges, high-speed ethernet, wireless internet, community kitchen, laundry services, vending machines, and television.
- Special rooms and assistants are reserved for physically disabled students.
- Trinity Western University has over 10 different schools offering
- 48 undergraduate degrees
- 19 graduate programs
- Special degrees including summer programs, fast track bachelor’s degree, foreign semester degrees, etc.
- TWU offers various programs in a variety of subjects like Biblical Studies, Biotechnology, Business and Administration, Computing Science, Education, English, Linguistics, Music, Media and Communication, Mathematics, Nursing, Psychology, Kinesiology, Sciences, Sports, Social Sciences, and more
- Their graduate programs include specializations in subjects of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought, Business, Educational Leadership, Interdisciplinary Humanities, Linguistics, Leadership, and Nursing.
- They also offer summer programs and professional programs which are oriented at providing industry-based knowledge to students looking for direct employability.
Every year, Trinity University receives about 13% of international students for their undergraduate and graduate programs, the majority of students are from Canada or the USA. International students seeking admissions at TWU can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application Portal: Online
- Application fee: 75 CAD
- Application Deadlines:
- For UG admissions- Fall Entry: 15 January, Spring: 15 November
- Admission in graduate courses varies depending on the courses.
- Application Documents:
- High School transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL/IELTS)
- International Credit Transfer Evaluation Report
- Statement of Purpose
- Students applying for graduate programs are required to submit additional GMAT or GRE test scores depending on their choice of study.
- Most graduate courses require students to score a minimum GPA of 3.0 for admission at Trinity Western University.
- Graduate Applicants have to provide additional documents like letters of reference, academic statements, Resume, as well as appear for an online interview.
- Some courses might also require compulsory subjects to be studied in the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Students might also be required to send an affidavit of financial proof to avail of the I-20 Visa form to apply for a Canadian Study Visa after being selected for admission.
Cost of Attendance
- For international candidates aspiring to study at the university, it is mandatory to have an estimate of the cost of living in Canada.
- The various approximate costs are mentioned below:
|Undergraduate (Cost in CAD)
|Graduate (Cost in CAD)
May vary according to programs
|Housing (standard dorm room)
|Meal Plan (14 meals per week)
|Books and Supplies
|Medical Insurance (per year)
|35 per credit
|35 per credit
Financial Aid for International Students
- Trinity Western University offers a variety of financial aid for undergraduate and graduate students in the forms of scholarships, loans, grants, research scholarships, Church contributions, and employment programs.
- 97% of students receive some kind of need-based or merit-based financial help at TWU.
- Some of the scholarships offered by the university are:
- Trinity Western Founder’s Scholarship: 5,000 CAD given to students with strong academic ability. Applications are accepted by April 1.
- Musical Arts Scholarship: Up To 3,000 CAD given to students with exceptional talent in vocal, piano or instrumental performance.
- Athletic Scholarship: Amount varies
- Students can also explore the possibility of external scholarships for studying in Canada that are conducted throughout the year by the governments.(11)
- TWU also provides a summer employment program to undergraduate students to earn 8,000 CAD for working 40 hours.
- To be eligible for financial aid programs, students have to show consistently good academic performance and interest in their field of study with a cumulative 2.00 GPA.
- The alumni association helps the university stay connected with its alumni and update them about the ongoing campus activities.
- Alumni are also deeply engaged in electing the administrative staff and presidents of the university.
- Notable alumni include:
- Philipp H Wiebe – Professor of Philosophy at Trinity Western University
- Carolyn Arends – Author, songwriter, and musician
- Roger Cross – Television & screen actor