Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
If you’re thinking about attending une pharmacy school, you might wonder what tuition fees would be. Thankfully, the article below tells you everything you need to know about tuition fees at une pharmacy school.
All you have to do is read on to get the latest une pharmacy school tuition, une pa school tuition, university of new england school of pharmacy faculty, requirements for pharmacy school & university of new england pharmacy prerequisites. Need further information on une pharmacy school tuition? You will find more in related articles on koboguide.
The world of medicine is rapidly advancing. UNE’s innovative Bachelor of Pharmacy with Honours course is Australia’s only accredited pharmacy degree that can be studied online, with intensive schools, as well as on campus. Our course emphasises scientific rigour, clinical experience, and develops your critical thinking skills to ensure you are prepared for the vital and changing role of pharmacy in Australia’s collaborative healthcare environment.
- 4 years full-time
- Up to 10 years part-time
- Trimester 1 – Mar 2021
- Trimester 2 – Jun 2021
- On Campus
- Armidale Campus
- Guaranteed ATAR: 80.00
Why study the Bachelor of Pharmacy with Honours with UNE?
UNE’s flexibly delivered Bachelor of Pharmacy with Honours program is available to study either online or on campus. In fact, we were the first university to offer the Bachelor of Pharmacy with Honours by distance education.
If you are studying online, our mandatory on campus intensive schools in Armidale allow you to take advantage of our modern teaching and research facilities.
Develop a strong foundation in basic and pharmaceutical sciences, pharmaceutics, pharmacotherapeutics and pharmacy practice and explore a range of dynamic career opportunities in healthcare and industry.
What makes our course different?
Study online with Australia’s first Australian Pharmacy Council accredited pharmacy degree offered by distance education. Our course gives you opportunities to:
- Explore clinical placements in rural and regional areas. We encourage you to seek out clinical placements in rural and regional communities, which are at the heart of UNE’s research and teaching programs. As a student at UNE you may be eligible to apply to the Rural Pharmacy Scholarship Scheme, valued at $10,000 per annum per student.*
- Learn contemporary skills in our professional practice laboratory with model dispensary and dedicated formulation laboratory, ensuring that you graduate ready to operate in a clinical workplace.
- Complete specialist modules as part of your degree, including Mental Health First Aid, the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia’s (PSA) “Support the Supply of Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines”, and vaccination training, opening the door to enhanced professional practice opportunities upon graduation.
- Develop your interest in a specialist area of pharmacy as well as critical thinking skills with the independent Honours research project undertaken in your final year (or, if you are studying part-time, in your second last year of study).
- Graduates consistently rate UNE with the maximum 5-star ratings for Overall Experience and Student Support in The Good Universities Guide, Australia’s largest independent higher education rating organisation.
- Study with the experts in online education. In fact, UNE is Australia’s longest continuous provider of distance (now online) education.
In the second and fourth years of the degree, you will complete 7 weeks of practical work experience (approx. 270 hours). This practical component includes clinical placement in community and hospital pharmacies, with one week full time in a rural community pharmacy. Placements are integrated with coursework units during normal university trimester times.
* The Rural Pharmacy Scholarship Scheme enables students from rural and remote areas to undertake university studies in pharmacy. Up to 30 scholarships are offered annually, with a value of $10,000 per annum per student.
Most of our students choose to study online across three study periods with 24/7 tutor support* and fit study around work and family commitments. Uniquely, our online students are mostly over 30 and bring valuable experience with them. They form a community of adults juggling the same challenges and priorities and who bring their life and work experience together to build real world networks for the future.
Study on campus
Many of our students choose to take advantage of the on-campus lifestyle in Armidale, in the beautiful New England region, with access to unparalleled support, accommodation and sporting facilities. These students are often starting their first degree and have left school recently. Through access to academic and career support they get a fantastic start to their careers.
* 24/7 tutor support includes: essay feedback (within 24 hours); live chat 24/7 for generic feedback on academic writing; and subject-specific help at a foundation or first-year level for subjects including mathematics, chemistry, biology, physics, business, accounting, microeconomics, macroeconomics and statistics. There are also a wide range of workshops, resources and courses available in academic skills support to assist you and help you to succeed.
University of New England / College of Pharmacy is located in Portland, ME, in a small setting.
Degrees & Awards
|Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D)|
|GENERAL SERVICES FEE||$700|
|TOTAL DIRECT COSTS||$44,005|
Students are required to purchase a laptop computer. A one-time technology allowance of $1,500 is included in the first-year cost of attendance.
Books and Supplies
The costs will vary depending on the courses the student is taking. Estimates or books and supplies are $850 for Year 1; $1,600 for Year 2; $1,150 for Year 3; and $150 for Year 4.
Indirect costs are included in the student’s financial aid budget. These are not direct charges from the university, but allowances that are given to cover expenses the student may have while attending school (the allowances listed below cover the number of months the student is enrolled for each year of the program).
FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD YEAR
- $12,150 Room and Board
- $3,600 Transportation/Travel costs
- $2,250 Personal/Misc. costs
- $16,200 Room and Board
- $4,800 Transportation/Travel Costs
- $3,000 Personal/Misc. costs
The living expense allowances are based on the following amounts per month, for the months enrolled:
- Room and Board $1,350/month (rent, food, utilities)
- Transportation costs $400/month
- Personal/Misc. costs $250/month