Universities In London That Accept Transfer Students

Last Updated on July 31, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina

Here you can find up-to-date information about do UK universities accept transfer students, which UK universities accept transfer students, City University of London transfer, how to change university in UK for international students, London metropolitan university, Universities In London That Accept Transfer Students, University of London transfer application You will also discover related posts on universities in London that accept transfer students & does University College London accept transfer students on Collegelearners.

When it comes to studying at a university in London, the choice is overwhelming. There are over 100 universities in London, and many of them have different focuses and specializations.

Many international students have studied at these universities, and they’ve been able to experience a higher grade of living, good education and a lot of fun. Most of these students wanted to study at different universities because they wanted to experience a great change from their educational background.

Does University College London Accept Transfer Students

Universities In London That Accept Transfer Students

International students | Middlesex University London

If you are not happy at your current university programme in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy or veterinary medicine, and want to transfer to another University, if you are paying very high tuition fees for what you get at your current school, if your programme is in a language other than English and wish to study in English taught programme, or if you just began studying at an academic institution in a field that you do not enjoy and wish to switch into course track that leads to a medical degree in order to become a physician, dentist or a veterinary doctor then you should consider transferring to one of our partner Universities.

We offer free consultation on this matter through our website at [web address].

The cost of studying at a university in Japan | Student

Transfer to another University

When it comes to transfers, Europe-Studies can consult with you or with your parents about various options and find solutions that are aligned with your dreams and qualifications as well as your budget. Whatever the case may be, if you need a transfer, we can help secure a place into one of our partner Universities with which we have special agreements, and are able to recognize your existing credits.


Transferring from another university or college

For some undergraduate courses, it is possible to transfer to Bristol after completing the first year of study at another university.

The admissions statement for the course you are interested in will tell you whether transfers are accepted.

Our courses in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science do not allow transfers.

Transfers are usually only permitted if all the following conditions are met:

  1. We have sufficient places available.
  2. You meet the entry requirements for students entering the Bristol course at first year level. Find the entry requirements for individual courses.
  3. The content of the first year of the course you have already taken closely matches our own. This ensures you are adequately prepared to continue your studies here. Find information about the content of individual courses.
  4. You achieve a good Upper Second Class overall in your current first year.

If you meet the above conditions and the admissions statement shows that transfers will be considered, you should apply through UCAS making sure you:

  • change the ‘Point of entry’ from 1 (first year) to 2 (second year);
  • provide a full educational history from age 16 onwards – see Filling in your application on the UCAS website.

If we cannot offer you a place in the second year, we may offer you a place starting in the first year.

uK universities that accept transfer students

1. King’s College London

Transferring to King’s

Some of our academic departments may consider transfer applications to our undergraduate courses from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities. However, some courses may be unable to consider transfers.

Please note: It is not possible to transfer to the final year of any undergraduate course.

Thinking of transferring

Transferring to another institution is a big decision. Before you consider submitting any applications for transfer, ensure that you discuss your situation with your current university such as your personal tutor, academic support services, or welfare support services. They may be able to offer advice, guidance, or options to address your circumstances. 

You may also want to discuss with them the impact a transfer of institution may have on your current funding, visa or accommodation arrangements.

2. University of St Andrews

Transfer students

We are accepting transfer applications from international students until Friday 31 July via our direct application. Please contact our Admissions team on [email protected] for help with your application.

The University of St Andrews accepts a small number of applications each year from students who wish to transfer to the University from another higher education institution.

If you are classed as “Overseas” for fee paying purposes (see fee status), and St Andrews is the only university within the UK that you are applying to, then you can use our direct application. If you are applying to more than one university in the UK or are classed as “Home” for fee paying purposes, then you must apply through UCAS.

  • Application processIf you wish to apply to transfer to the University, this timeline will help you through the application process.
    1. Take a look at the courses available at the University of St Andrews. All courses can be found online in the course search section or in the Undergraduate Prospectus.
    2. Check the entry requirements and any subject-specific prerequisites for courses in which you are interested. UK qualifications (SQA Highers, A-Level and International Baccalaureate) can be found on all course pages. Entry requirements for all other qualifications can be found on the entry requirements pages, listed by country. You must hold at least the minimum grades and any subject-specific prerequisites for the courses to transfer.
    3. You should also check the Faculty entry requirements for the course you are interested in. These can be found on the appropriate Faculty pages.
    4. If there is a choice of course between the Faculties of Arts (MA) and Science (BSc), you must decide which Faculty is for you. If you are applying for a course in one Faculty which is also offered in another Faculty, great care should be taken to cite the UCAS code numbers correctly; for example, the course code for the Psychology (MA) degree differs from the Psychology (BSc) degree.
    5. You must now decide if you should apply through UCAS or the St Andrews direct application. If you are classed as ‘Overseas’ for fee paying purposes, and St Andrews is the only university in the UK that you are applying to, then you can use our direct application. If you are applying to more than one university in the UK or are classed as ‘Home’ for fee paying purposes, then you must apply through UCAS.
    6. Once you have decided which courses are the most appropriate, note the course codes of your chosen courses. This is the four-digit code which can be found in the key information section on each course page.
    7. Draft your personal statement carefully so that it indicates that you are applying for a transfer and addresses your reasons for wishing to move from your current institution. Your personal statement should also reflect your choice of courses. You can find more information about what we look for in an application on the how to apply page.
    8. Submit your application using the correct course code by the appropriate deadline; for more information, you can see the UCAS page and the direct application page. The current UCAS and direct application deadlines can be found below. You must clearly state that you are applying for a transfer, and details of your current place of study should be listed in the ‘Your education so far’ section.
    9. You must also submit the supplementary documentation listed below directly to the University.
Free Photo | Portrait of group of happy students in casual outfit with  books while standing

how to apply for university transfer

All transfer applications must be made through UCAS, and the normal deadlines apply. Please note: Dentistry transfer applications are made directly through King’s Apply. Please see the section below for specific information on transferring to Dentistry.

As general guidance, applications for transfer into the second year will only be considered if you meet all of the requirements below:

  • You have met the standard first year entry requirements for the course (such as A-levels or equivalent)
  • You have studied the same or very similar modules to those on the first year of the course here at King’s in your first year. Please take some time to look at the course on our online prospectus, and see the ‘structure’ section for an idea of content. The content of your current degree needs to be very similar, so please satisfy yourself of your suitability before making a formal request to transfer.
  • You have achieved or are achieving a 2:1/high 2:1 standard in your first year of your studies.

If you think that you may meet these criteria and would like further guidance on the likelihood of transfer applications being considered for your chosen course, please contact the Admissions Office in the first instance for further information, making sure that you address each of the points above. Please note that should there be more qualified applicants than spaces, the selection process will be competitive.

Implications of Transferring

Partnership with University of West London creates global education  opportunities for College of DuPage students

If your application is successful you will receive a formal offer through UCAS which you can choose to accept or not. Think carefully about the following, and contact the Admissions Office before accepting any offer if you have any questions:

  • Take note of the regulations regarding transfer on to a course at King’s from studies elsewhere, including how your final degree classification will be calculated. These can be found in G7 Academic Regulation, Recognition of Prior Learning (pdf).
  • The Tier 4 visa for study in the UK is specific to each university. Therefore, if you require a Tier 4 visa it is likely that you will need to make a new visa application. In these cases King’s will provide you with a new CAS number if your transfer application is successful.
  • You should also consider how a transfer might affect your funding or scholarship eligibility: our Funding Office can assist you with these matters.
  • If you currently have a disability support plan in place, or think you may need advice or guidance on the support available if you transfer your studies to King’s, see our guidance for Disabled applicants

University of London transfer application

London is home to over 30 universities, and there are plenty of options for students looking to transfer schools.

If you’re interested in transferring to a university in London, here are some options:

University of London: The University of London has a number of different campuses throughout the city, including King’s College London and Queen Mary University of London. It offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees.

Royal Holloway University of London: Royal Holloway is one of the oldest women’s universities in the UK, with a long history dating back to 1886. It offers undergraduate degrees in a number of subjects including social sciences, law, and medicine.

London School of Economics & Political Science: LSE is well known for its research output and strong focus on economics and social sciences. It offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as PhD programs in these areas.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *