Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
The University of Geneva is a public research university located in Geneva, Switzerland. It was founded in 1559 by John Calvin and reopened in 1876 after being closed during the French Revolution. The University of Geneva, and the city of Geneva in general, is very attractive to international students. Collegelearners Website will provide informations you are looking for on University Of Geneva Acceptance Rate, University Of Geneva Program, Overview of University Of Geneva Acceptance Rate, Requirement for University Of Geneva Acceptance Rate and University Of Geneva Program Ranking.
The University of Geneva has two main campuses: the main campus at Rue des Pâquis and the Porrentruy campus. The main campus is located close to Lake Geneva and is only a ten-minute walk from the old town center. It is also a short bus ride from CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research), which is known for its particle accelerator research into physics and chemistry among other subjects. The Porrentruy campus is located about 40 minutes from the main campus by public transport or car but offers a more rural setting with many trees around it
Overview of University Of Geneva Program
The University of Geneva is divided into nine faculties: the Faculty of Sciences, the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Humanities, Geneva School of Economics and Management, Geneva School of Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Theology, Psychology and School of Education, and Translation and Interpreting. The university also includes thirteen Interfaculty Centres and Institutes such as Computer Science Centre, Centre for the Interdisciplinary Study of Gerontology and Vulnerability, Global Studies Institute, Institute for Environmental Sciences, University Institute of Teacher Education (IOTE), Geneva Neuroscience Center (GNC), and many more.
The University has two Partnered Institutions: Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (GIIDS) and Bossey Ecumenical Institute.
The University has a student body made up of more than 16,530 students from 150 different nationalities with 6500 faculty members from over sixty countries around the world.
University of Geneva provides scholarship opportunities to the students on the basis of academic excellence. The university consists of a library which facilitates the students across four sites and offers numerous facilities to the students and staff. The university also offers sports facilities to the students and holds many championship tournaments like championships in basketball, indoor football, rowing, badminton, and outdoor football. The university also provides special schedules for students wishing to pursue their high-level sporting career and to study at the same time.
university of geneva acceptance rate
For the academic year 2019-2020, the acceptance rate is 53.23% where a total of 2,801 students (1,995 men and 806 women) have applied to Geneva and 1,491 (915 men and 576 women) students have been admitted to the school. Among them, 183 male and 131 female students have enrolled into Geneva and its yield, also known as enrollment rate is 21.06%. The following table shows the admission statistics including admission stats, acceptance rate, and yield.
|Yield (Enrollment Rate)||21.06%||20.00%||22.74%|
university of geneva admission requirements
Students applying to the IUG graduate program must submit the following:
- A completed application form (should include your Motivation letter);
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (certified translation in English) (Minimum GPA recommended 2.7 or above on the scale of 0-4);
- Official Undergraduate Diploma (certified translation in English);
- Non-refundable application fee of CHF 150.- or € 150.- or USD 140.-
- English proficiency test: either TOEFL (min score 80), IELTS (min score 6.0) or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). IUG institutional code number for the TOEFL is 0130;
- Curriculum Vitae stating any relevant professional work experience;
- Letter of reference from an employer or a professor;
- Copy of valid passport;
- Two passport size photos.
The following additional requirements apply to MBA program candidates:
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
- At least 2 years of work experience is recommended
Candidates over 30-years-old could apply to study online since a visa would not be granted
university of geneva ranking
University of Geneva is ranked #96 in Best Global Universities. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
University of Geneva Rankings
- #96inBest Global Universities
- #34inBest Global Universities in Europe
- #4inBest Global Universities in Switzerland
University of Geneva Subject Rankings
- #101inArts and Humanities
- #102inBiology and Biochemistry (tie)
- #144inCardiac and Cardiovascular Systems
- #124inCell Biology (tie)
- #125inClinical Medicine (tie)
- #345inComputer Science (tie)
- #78inEndocrinology and Metabolism
- #243inEnvironment/Ecology (tie)
- #180inGeosciences (tie)
- #61inInfectious Diseases
- #130inMicrobiology (tie)
- #86inMolecular Biology and Genetics
- #92inNeuroscience and Behavior (tie)
- #211inOncology (tie)
- #91inPharmacology and Toxicology (tie)
- #51inPhysics (tie)
- #189inPlant and Animal Science
- #95inPsychiatry/Psychology (tie)
- #249inPublic, Environmental and Occupational Health (tie)
- #88inRadiology, Nuclear Medicine and Medical Imaging
- #219inSocial Sciences and Public Health
- #18inSpace Science (tie)
university of geneva fees for international students
Students who are citizens of the EU/EEA:
The average tuition fees for students from the EU/EEA are 1,000 CHF per year, ranging from 1,000 CHF to 1,000 CHF.
Students who are citizens from outside the EU/EEA:
The average tuition fees for students from outside the EU/EEA are 1,000 CHF per year, ranging from 1,000 CHF to 1,000 CHF.
Yearly Tuition Range
|Local students||1,000-2,500 US$|
|International students||1,000-2,500 US$|