Last Updated on February 4, 2023 by Omoyeni Adeniyi
Get more information on University of London LLB Pass Rate, university of london llb pass rate, is university of london llb worth it, uol llb pass rate, llb fees in university of London & london law university list on collegelearners.org
is university of London lLB worth it
Part A of the University of London LSM examination relates entirely to the case of R (on the application of Muriel Maguire) v Her Majesty’s Senior Coroner for Blackpool and Fylde  EWHC 1232 (Admin)
Part A carries 25% of the overall mark for the LSM examination and so how well you understand and can explain the decision will have a significant bearing on how well you do in the module.
In order to be eligible for these marks in the exam you will be required to write a case note and submit it via the VLE (dates will be published in Oct 2020).
This 60 minute recorded lecture presentation provides a detailed analysis of the decision in R (Maguire) v HM Senior Coroner for Blackpool and Fylde and includes an explanation of the legal context. It is designed to help candidates prepare for both the case note and the compulsory questions in part A of the 2021 examination.
The recording explains and discusses:
- The material facts
- The legal context and background.
- The questions of law and the legal issues
- The decision
- Detailed reasons for the decision
- Rationes decidendi (as there is more than one legal issue there is more than one ratio decidendi)
The table below contains information about the pass rate and the average mark awarded to University of London Undergraduate Laws students in Sri Lanka taking the LLB examinations in May / June 2018. The ‘pass rate’ is the percentage of students awarded a mark of 40% or more.
University of London
Why Choose University of London?
- Programs: University of London offers Massive Open Online Courses delivered through the world’s largest online learning platform. Students can also pursue 250+ full-time or part-time study opportunities to study outside London. Check out: Courses at University of London
- International Students: University of London is the most diverse university in the UK with over 120,000 students in London, and a further 50,000 studying across 190 countries for a University of London degree.
- Application Deadlines: The admission deadlines for undergraduate programs are closed. However, students willing to pursue Masters in Global Health Policy and Masters in Clinical Trials can apply by 15 October and 30 November respectively. Know more about admissions in detail, here
- Cost of Attendance: The average cost to attend University of London is 20,000 GBP including tuition fees, cost of living in UK and personal expenses.
- Campus and Accommodation: Students applying for the University of London can study at any of the 18 world-class member institutions in London. Once completing a program in any of the constituent campuses students have the opportunity to attend the graduation ceremony in London presided over by HRH Princess Royal – the University of London’s Chancellor.
- Hostel: International students can choose to stay in 9 on-campus residence halls. The annual residence fee ranges from 5,100 GBP to 22,760 GBP depending on the available facilities and amenities, type of room, the hall of residence, and the location.
- Scholarships: The university of London has a limited amount of scholarships in UK and financial aid for both domestic and international students. On an average, students can receive 13,000 GBP scholarship.
- Placements: The average annual salary of the University of London graduates according to payscale is 39,000 GBP. The highest paying degree is masters in management is 113,000 GBP.
University of London Ranking
- 351–400 World University Rankings THE 2022
- 301–400 Impact Rankings THE 2021
- In terms of QS ranking, member institutions of the University of London appear most frequently in the top 10 of no less than 13 subject tables.
- Subjects topped by member institutions include Accounting and Finance, Business and Management, Development Studies, Economics, and Econometrics.
- In QS ranking, University College of London has been on top spot in the Education category consecutively for five years, plus a top 10 position in an additional nine subject tables.
|Number of Member Institutions||17|
|Distance Learning Programs||430|
|On-Campus Study Programs||2,965|
|Mode of Programs||Full-time/Online|
University of London Campus and Accomodation
- Students applying for the University of London can study at any of the 18 world-class member institutions in London.
- Students who complete a program in any of the constituent campuses have the opportunity to attend the graduation ceremony in London presided over by HRH Princess Royal – the University of London’s Chancellor
- To expand students’ horizons and expose students to international experience, students can study at one of the constituent universities located in France – Institute in Paris
University of London Accomodation
- On-campus accommodation is only available to full-time students at Colleges of the University of London.
- There are nine well-furnished halls of residence on campus.
- Annual residence fee ranges from 5,100 GBP to 22,760 GBP depending on the available facilities and amenities, type of room, the hall of residence, and the location.
- Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available at College Hall, International Hall and Garden Halls for students with disabilities.
University of London Programs
- The school also offers a plethora of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) delivered through the world’s largest online learning platform – Coursera
- With the support of Recognized Teaching Centre all over the world, full time or part-time study are available to students to study outside London.
- Different study level available in the University of London include foundational program, undergraduate, graduate diploma, postgraduate, short courses, and doctorate.
University of London Application Process
International students seeking admissions at the University can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
Application portal: Program Pages or registration at a local teaching center
Application fee: 101 GBP
- Academic transcripts and Education History
- Personal statement
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- Official copies of Academic Transcripts
- Official copies of College or University Certificate
- Photocopy of the information page of the Passport
- Letters of Reference
- Proof of English Language Proficiency and other standardized exams- IELTS: 6.0, TOEFL-IBT 87
University of London Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance for academic session is presented In the table below:
|Registration fee||1,100 – 1,575|
|Course Fee||3,450 – 13,000|
|Continuing registration fee||1,470|
|Assessment fee per course||378|
|Housing and Meals||5,100 – 18900|
|Total||14,598 – 38,423|
Note: This fee represents the cost of attendance for a full-time program. Part-time and online program fee varies markedly depending on the course, the location and the study level
University of London Financial Aid
- There is limited financial support available for international students in the UK, thus it is very competitive and it is also dependent on several factors like the applicant’s course, residence, and others. A few of the most beneficial scholarships are given below:-
|Scholarships||Who can Apply||Amount/Benefit|
|Commonwealth Scholarships (Distance Learning)||Residents of developing Commonwealth Countries||13,490 GBP|
|Durai and Yolande Scholarship (Distance Learning for B.Sc Computer Science)||Residents of South East Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam)||7,500 GBP|
|Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Scholarship (Distance Learning of MA Refugee Protection & Forced Migration Studies)||Candidates based in low/middle-income countries)||8,220 GBP|
|Canon Collins Trust (Master of Laws by Distance Learning)||Residents of Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe||Full Tuition and Examination Entry Fees|
- Some scholarships available for international students include:
- Aga Khan Foundation with varying worth
- LLM Scholarships and Bursaries worth 30% fees waiver
University of London Alumni
- Invitations to alumni events in London and across the globe
- Career Services
- Discounted Membership of Student Central
Notable alumni of the school include:
- Wole Soyinka – Nobel Prize for Literature
- Dr. Rolph Payet – Joint winner of the Nobel Peace Prize
- Dr. Dipu Moni – Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh
University of London Placement
- Campus-based careers services provide a range of services like career guidance, employability support to students and graduates of member institutions.
- Members of the career’s services are City Careers Service, Royal Veterinary College, St George’s University of London, St Mary’s University Careers Service, School of Advanced Study, University of London, SOAS Careers, UCL Careers,
- The average annual salary of the University of London graduates according to payscale is 39,000 GBP
|Degree||Average Salary (GBP)|
|Masters in Management||113,000|
|Masters in Finance||82,000|