Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
Since the year of its foundation, the University of Rhode Island has been providing state of the art education for students all over the world. The campus is situated in Kingston and has been a major reason of success for many students as it has been featured on top for many aspects. From STEM courses to other courses related to arts, management and commerce, the university offers wide range of promising degree programs.
Collegelearners affords you unrestricted access to a litany of relevant information on URI engineering majors, University of Rhode Island acceptance rate, URI engineering building, best engineering schools, and so much more. Take out time to surf through our catalog for more information on similar topics.
University of Rhode Island Engineering School Overview
University of Rhode Island is ranked No.154-202 in Best Engineering Schools. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
The application fee is $65 for U.S. residents and $65 for international students. Its tuition is full-time: $14,096 per year (in-state); full-time: $27,214 per year (out-of-state); part-time: $783 per credit (in-state); and part-time: $1,512 per credit (out-of-state). The 2020 Ph.D. student-faculty ratio is 1:1. The College of Engineering at University of Rhode Island has 74 full-time faculty on staff.
university of rhode island ranking qS
Engineering School Program Rankings
- #154-202in Best Engineering Schools
Engineering School Specialty Rankings
- in Chemical Engineering
- in Civil Engineering
- in Computer Engineering
- in Electrical / Electronic / Communications Engineering
- in Industrial / Manufacturing / Systems Engineering
- in Mechanical Engineering
University of Rhode Island Engineering School Data
The University of Rhode island ranking engineering is growing every year. The University Of Rhode Island’s ranking is high. University of Rhode Island has one of the lowest tuition fees in the country, and is ranked 85th in research entrance. It is also ranked 6th in small business start up rate, which means it provides students with large growth opportunities for their future professional lives.
University of Rhode Island Admissions
- Application deadline (U.S. residents) N/A
- Application fee (U.S. residents) $65
- Application deadline (international students) N/A
- Application fee (international students) $65
- Admissions phone (401) 874-2263
- Admissions email [email protected]
- Application URL Website
- Website Website
Advancing human potential
The world needs engineers with vision. At URI’s College of Engineering, you’ll find opportunities to work alongside visionary researchers developing technologies that will improve lives, expand knowledge, and traverse new frontiers.
Engineer your success! Engineering students play a central role in the new technologies being developed here. Guided by faculty mentors, they’re improving access to clean drinking water in rural communities around the world, developing new sensor technologies for robots, and discovering biomedical technologies that help identify and treat disease. Our students participate in internships around the world, some working on multinational teams to discover sustainable energy solutions or design fuel-efficient automotive systems. Become part of a research community that advances human potential—and believes in your potential to make your mark on the world.
Developing the building blocks for resilient structures
Envisioning a sustainable future
Finding solutions that improve lives
Water for the World
Ensuring access for every person the world
Safegarding our nation’s information systems
Tapping into the power of small particles
Creating technology to help us go further
Expanding what we can detect in the world
university of rhode island engineering
|U.S. News & World Report||170|
|U.S. News & World Report||774|
URI is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. The student-faculty ratio at University of Rhode Island is 16:1, and the school has 43.1% of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at University of Rhode Island include: Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse; Psychology, General; Speech Communication and Rhetoric; Kinesiology and Exercise Science; and Health-Related Knowledge and Skills, Other. The average freshman retention rate, an indicator of student satisfaction, is 84%.
university of rhode island ranking in the world
U.S. News & World Report ranks URI tied for 170th overall among 389 “national universities” and tied for 83rd out of 209 “top public schools” in 2021.
- 40th in ”Pharmacy (tie)” in 2021
- 47th in “Best Library and Information Studies Program (tie)” in 2021
- 53rd in ”Best Nursing School: Master’s (tie)” in 2021
- 54th in ”Earth Sciences (tie)” in 2021
- 80th in ”Best Nursing School: Doctor of Nursing Practice (tie)” in 2021
- 101st in ”Clinical Psychology (tie)” in 2021
- 102nd in “Physical Therapy (tie)” in 2021
- 108th in “English (tie)” in 2021
- 109th in “Speech-Language Pathology (tie)” in 2021
- 119th in ”Computer Sciences (tie)” in 2021
- 119th in “Best Education Schools (tie)” in 2021
- 122nd in “Chemistry (tie)” in 2021
- 127th in “Mathematics (tie)” in 2021
- 131st in “Psychology (tie)” in 2021
- 132nd in ”Best Undergraduate Engineering Program” in 2021.
- 140th in ”Biological Sciences (tie)” in 2021
- 146th in “Physics (tie)” in 2021
- 154th-202nd in “Best Engineering Schools” in 2021
Academic Ranking of World Universities ranks URI for 51-75 globally for ”Oceanography” in 2021.