Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
UCAS is a higher education institution established with the approval of the Ministry of Education, focusing on graduate education. The predecessor of UCAS was the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences (GSCAS), which was founded in 1978 as the first graduate school in China by approval of the State Council. UCAS graduated the first doctoral student in science, first doctoral student in engineering, first female doctoral student and first student with double doctoral degrees in China. In 2014, UCAS began to recruit undergraduates.
Based on the high-level research advantages and high-level human resources of CAS, UCAS has four campuses in Beijing and five education centers outside Beijing. Backed by 117 CAS institutes throughout China, it implements the guiding principle of “unified enrollment, education management and degree conferment; faculty-institute’s fusion on leadership, faculty, management and cultivating system”. It has expanded and improved the “two-phase” cultivation mode in which core course teaching is centralized in Beijing campuses, and scientific research were primarily done at the various institutes. This sound education system has enabled UCAS to be the platform as training students and the CAS institutes as the bases of students practicing. At present, there are 41 216 graduate students studying at UCAS, among whom 50% are doctoral students. UCAS has conferred master’s and doctoral degrees on 109 882 graduate students to date.
UCAS, through its various departments and research institutes of the CAS across the country, offers the following programs to foreign students in a wide range of specialties and research fields: Master Program, PhD. Program, Program for Regular Visiting Students, and Program for Senior Visiting Students
Any foreigners who are healthy and willing to abide by the Chinese laws and decrees, respect the Chinese customs and habits, and meet the following qualifications may apply directly toUCAS or CAS institutes. Foreigners wishing to study at UCAS may request an application form (UCASApplication For Admission for Foreign Students) from the International Students Office (ISO)ofUCAS (See Chapter VII for contact details), or download the application form from UCAS website directly.
An applicant must be under 40 years old, has obtained or is working in the last year toward a Bachelor degree of China, or the foreign equivalent of such a degree. In the latter case, admission will be contingent on the final receipt of such a degree.
An applicant must be under 45 years old, has obtained or is working toward a Master degree of China, or the foreign equivalent of such a degree. In the latter case, admission will be contingent on the final receipt of such a degree.
Program for Regular Visiting Students:
An applicant must be under 45 years old, has obtained a Bachelor degree of China, or the foreign equivalent of such a degree.
Program for Senior Visiting Students:
An applicant must be under 45 years old, has obtained a Master degree of China, or the foreign equivalent of such a degree.
Application Materials to Be Submitted:
● An Application for Admission for Foreign Students, with a recent passport-sized photo attached;
● Application fee (nonrefundable);
● Degree certificate of the highest education level (notarized photocopy);
● Transcripts of undergraduate and/or graduate studies (notarized photocopy/photocopies);
● Two letters of recommendation from your instructors at least at associate professor level or other person familiar with your activities with equivalent academic achievement;
● Curriculum vitae;
● A financial support statement by your sponsor along with bank statements (original or notarized photocopy);
● An Application Form for UCAS Scholarship for those wishing to apply for such scholarship.
If any of the materials is neither in Chinese nor in English, a copy of notarized translation in Chinese or English is required.
Call for 2021 Doctoral Programs for International Students
The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) accepts international students through over 20 UCAS faculties and over 100 institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). See here for detailed information about UCAS faculties and CAS institutes.
Doctoral programs commonly last for 3-4 years. Certificates of graduation and degrees will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
General Conditions for Applicants
Be in good health, of good character, and willing to abide by China’s laws and decrees, as well as UCAS’s rules and regulations.
Holding a Master’s degree or its equivalent.
As some countries’ higher education systems are very different from the Chinese system, applicants from different education systems should see Attachment 1 for reference.
English proficiency is required.
● Program for 2021 fall semester: Please submit online application during December 1st, 2020–May 31st, 2021. For those who apply to UCAS for scholarship, please submit the above admission application documents along with scholarship application form before March 31st, 2020.
● Program for 2022 spring semester: Please submit online application during June 1st, 2021–November 30th, 2021.
CHECK ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
You should verify that you meet ALL the eligibility criteria specified in the “General conditions for applicants” section of this call, find an eligible professor of your interest that agrees to accept you. See here for a list of eligible schools/institutes and supervisors of UCAS. Send an explanatory e-mail together with your CV, research proposal and other required documents to him/her, and indicate that you wish to apply for the doctoral students program of UCAS. Your supervisor should finish the required procedure illustrated in the email automatically sent to him/her by the UCAS system immediately after your application materials pass the preliminary review by the institute/college with which the supervisor is affiliated.
FINISH YOUR ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION TO UCAS, AND CHOOSE “THE PHD PROGRAM”.
File your application via the online application system of UCAS (http://adis.ucas.ac.cn) which would be launched around December 1st, 2020 and follow the instructions. It is better that you prepare supporting documentation in advance, including but not limited to:
Copy of your regular passport which has at least 2 years validity;
Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held
TWO reference letters:
The referees shall be familiar with you and your work, NOT to be your host supervisor. The letters should be signed, dated on official headed paper with contact phone number and email address of the referees. Reference letters in the body of e-mails will NOT be accepted!
Detailed research proposal;
Photocopies of title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers (if available);
Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 2)
Certificate of financial support
For those who a. have already got financial support, please attach the certificate of financial support; b. are applying to study by self-support, please attach the affidavit of support from guarantors and a bank statement; c. are applying for UCAS Partial Scholarship to get tuition waiver, please complete its online application procedure.
Bank Receipt of Application Processing Fee
All the above supporting documentation must be in English or Chinese, otherwise notarial translations in English or Chinese are required.
Make sure the electronic version of supporting documentation is in the right format as requested.
Applicants having just completed or about to complete their highest degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating their expected graduation date. They are required to present the required documents, including the original degree certificates, original transcripts AND original regular passport to the International Students Office of UCAS via their host institute upon the registration.
Application with incomplete documents, lack of some required documents or wrong personal information will not be processed.
The applicant cannot apply to more than one institute/school and supervisor.
Please choose major, host supervisor and host institute cautiously before submission. After enrolment at UCAS, applications for the change of these items are seldom considered.
Please DO NOT send any hardcopy of application materials directly to the International Students Office of UCAS. None of the application documents will be returned.
Chinese Government Scholarship, and UCAS Partial Scholarship for International Doctoral Students do not request for application processing fee.
Processing fee is non-refundable in any case.
Please prepare your application carefully. Submissions are seldom returned to you for modifications.
Evaluation and Admission
UCAS enrols international students based on evaluation of application documents together with a further matriculation examination. The admission committee of the applicable UCAS schools/CAS institutes will review the application documents and select applicants for further examination.
The examination will take the form of one of the following methods: ①Interview Exemption; ②Personal Interview; ③Interview plus written test. If an interview is required for admission, relative UCAS schools/CAS institutes will contact the applicant directly to set up an interview appointment and provide information about the interview process.
Admission is determined at UCAS school/CAS institute level with oversight by UCAS according to the result of the document review, the interview, and other factors. Admission Notices, Visa Application Forms and some other documents will be sent to the admitted students after the final admission result is released. Prior to this, applicants may check their admission status via the Online Application System for International Students of UCAS
Visa Application and Registration
The admitted student should take his personal passport that is used for admission application, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202/JW201), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners as well as other original documents of physical examination to the Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China, and apply for a student visa (X1/X2 visa). Please do not enter China visa-free or with other types of visas other than X visa. Please keep the original Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW202/JW201) which are needed for registration and residence permit application.
The admitted student should register at the place indicated in the Admission Notice, and should register on the assigned date. Otherwise, they should get the university approval in advance.
Fees and Scholarships
Application Processing Fee, Tuition, and Expenses:
Application processing fee: RMB 600 (Non-refundable);
Liberal Arts: RMB 34,000/year;
All Other Disciplines: RMB 40,000/year;
Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance premium:
RMB 800/year, RMB 400/half year;
Accommodation (shared rooms) fee: RMB 900/month for one student;
Outpatient service fee is paid according to the insurance scheme of insurance company.
Board expenses, travel expenses and other costs of experiments, meetings and trainings beyond the program curriculum are at the student’s own expense.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION AND ADMISSION
There are two ways for UCAS admission. One is general admission open to the public, and the other is special admission under CAS international exchange agreements or agreements at the institute level acknowledged by CAS. In the latter case, degree applicants should go through special entrance examinations or other procedures in accordance to the agreements.
General Admission Procedures
- Preliminary Examination:
Applicants for Master Program or PhD. Program are required to take a preliminary examination, which consists of two tests in the applicants’ respective academic fields and one English test. Applicants whose native language or official language is English will be exempted from the English test. All the tests are in written form and each lasts for 3 hours. Applicants will be notified of the time and venue of the tests after their application is received by UCAS.
Applicants having passed the preliminary examination should expect to be interviewed, and should be responsible for all the travel and other related expenses. An interview notice will be sent to each applicant.
An Admission Letter and a Visa Application for Study in China (Form JW202) will be sent to the successful applicant who will study in China for more than one year; and an Admission Letter will be sent to those who will study in China for less than one year.
VISA APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION
Applicants admitted should bring passport, Admission Letter, Visa Application for Study in China, Foreigner Physical Examination Form to the embassy or consulates of the People’s Republic of China in their respective countries and apply for a visa. New students should register before the deadline stipulated by UCAS or their respective CAS institute, and pay the tuition fee. Students unable to register before the deadline should make advanced arrangement with UCAS or their respective CAS institute. All the newly registered students will be subject to a physical reexamination and those found unqualified will not be allowed to study in UCAS.
It takes 2-3 years for students to complete the Master Program, and 3-4 years to complete the PhD. Program. A graduation certificate and a degree will be conferred to the students upon their successful completion of the curriculum and the defense of degree dissertation, and upon their meeting of all the other requirements stipulated by the UCAS Degree Conferring Regulations.
Students who are unable to successfully complete their curriculum, or are disqualified from presenting degree dissertation, or fail their defense of degree dissertation will be permitted to continue their study as visiting students or will be asked to quit their study, depending on the individual situation.
The program for all visiting students is no more than 2 years. A certificate will be issued upon a student’s meeting of his/her program requirements.
Application Processing Fee
Master Program and PhD Program: RMB ￥600 ( 600 Yuan RMB);
Program for Regular Visiting Students and Program for Senior Visiting Students: RMB ￥450 ( 450 Yuan RMB).
Master Program: RMB ￥30,000 /year (30,000 Yuan RMB per year);
Liberal Arts: RMB ￥34,000/year (34,000 Yuan RMB per year)
All Other Disciplines: RMB ￥40,000/year (40,000 Yuan RMB per year);
Program for Regular Visiting Students: RMB ￥2,600/month (2,600 Yuan RMB per month);
Program for Senior Visiting Students: RMB ￥3,000/month (3,000 Yuan RMB per month).
Extra Fieldwork Expenses:
Extra activities dealing with experiments, fieldwork and travels beyond the education plan stipulated by UCAS.
Other Personal Expenses:
Room and board, medical treatment, insurance and teaching materials, etc.
University Of Chinese Academy Of Sciences World Ranking
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Ranking – CWUR World University Rankings
|Institution Name||University of Chinese Academy of Sciences|
|Quality of Education Rank||–|
|Alumni Employment Rank||> 1000|
|Quality of Faculty Rank||–|
|Research Output Rank||14|
|Quality Publications Rank||37|
Chinese Academy Of Agricultural Sciences Csc Scholarships 2021
Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CSC) Scholarship 2022-2023
The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences opened admissions into all degree programs in sponsorship with China Scholarship Council; The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CSC) Scholarship for academic session 2022-2023. The government of China sponsor scholarships that are being awarded to international students each year in order to promote cultural exchange and promoting Chinese Universities. The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CSC scholarship is a top Chinese scholarship that is open for undergraduate and postgraduate students. It can be taken in a number of fields and the medium of instruction must be English or Chinese. With that, there are other 274 Chinese higher educational institutions that are also offering these CSC Scholarships each year.
Applicants can start their application process by visiting the online portal of the China Scholarship Council. The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences scholarship is among the most popular and most sought-after scholarship programs in China similar to the Confucius Scholarship, Schwarzman, Jiangsu Presidential scholarship awards, CAS-TWAS scholarships, etc.
Potential applicants for the CSC scholarship at The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences can take one of the following two routes:
- Applicants can either apply to the CSC The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences degree program.
- Or, they can apply through the Chinese consulate in their home country.
Benefits of The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CSC Scholarship:
The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CSC scholarship is basically a fully-funded scholarship grant that covers every thinkable expense of its recipient like, tuition fees, accommodation charges, living expenses, healthcare insurance, etc. The awards are categorized based on the degree level of the recipients. These are;
- Recipients enrolling in an undergraduate program will get a monthly stipend of 2500 RMB along with free accommodation and a tuition fee waiver.
- Master’s program applicants will get a monthly stipend of 3000 RMB with a tuition fee waiver. The room and board are free as well.
- Doctoral students will be awarded a monthly stipend of 3500 RMB for living expenses. The students do not have to pay any charges for tuition or accommodation. All the recipients will get free on-campus accommodation.
Application Procedure for The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CSC Scholarship:
If a potential applicant for the The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CSC scholarship has a letter of acceptance from a professor of a Chinese university, then the candidate’s chances of getting selected for the CSC scholarship increase to a significant degree. This is just a trick and is not compulsory for students to get a letter of admission. Given below is the complete procedure that you can follow to apply to the The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CSC scholarship program via the CSC online platform.
- Locate The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences International Student Office website by google
- Go to the scholarship section of the The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences website and locate CSC Scholarships.
- Start filling an online application at the CSC scholarship application portal as well.
- You need to fill 2 applications now; one at the The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences website for admission and the second one at the CSC Scholarship portal for scholarship request.
- Fill the blanks in the admission and scholarship application form provided.
- Choose category B, which is for the CSC scholarship.
- From the drop-down list, select The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences and fill in its agency number.
- Submit the CSC application and afterward download the submitted form for yourself.
- Gather all the documents required to be attached with the application.
- If there is a requirement to submit an The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences application form, submit it, and download the PDF version of it as well.
- See if at The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences has an application fee. If so, submit it.
- Attach all the documents with the downloaded application form.
- Send the set of documents to The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences foreign student office.
- Wait for CSC scholarship results at the The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences website.
Again if the candidate already has an acceptance letter from a professor of his/her desired university, then there is a more chance that he/she will get selected.
How to fill the The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CSC Scholarship application form:
- Create a profile or account of yourself on the CSC official website.
- Fill in the online application form given therein.
- Make more accounts in your name if you want to apply to more than one university to increase your chances of getting selected.
- Note the agency number of the university you are applying to or that you want to get in.
- Type in that agency number in the application form.
- Select the category of the CSC scholarship that you want to get according to your level of study.
- Fill in the rest of the details.
- Submit the form.
- Download the form after submission.
How to submit all the required documents for the CSC Scholarship:
- All the documents that are required to be submitted along with the application form are listed on the scholarship’s online platform.
- Every university requires a different set of documents but for convenience, here are some documents that all the universities will ask for; at least two recommendation letters, all the previous degrees, their transcripts, scholarship application form for CSC, copy of the passport (attested), a study plan for graduate students, and SOP (Statement of Purpose) from undergraduate applicants, a research plan or proposal from potential Ph.D. candidates, an acceptance letter (not mandatory), physical examination form for foreigners, and a language proficiency certificate (preferably IELTS or TOEFL).
- Make sure that whether or not the university of your choice needs a separate application to be submitted by the applicant alongside the CSC application form.
- If there is no need to submit a separate application, submit only the CSC form, and send the documents to the university by mail.
- If the university requires you to submit an early application or wants to review your documents online before receiving their hard copies, submit the documents online as well along with the application.
- In the application form, there will be a blank asking you to fill in the name of the scholarship sponsor or guarantor, write in the ‘CSC Scholarship’ in that section.
- Review your application one last time before submitting it.
- Submit your application. Also, send your documents to the international students’ office of your selected university or universities.
Things to consider before submitting the CSC Scholarship application
- Make sure that you are submitting verified copies of all your degrees and transcripts on the CSC Scholarship website and also to the University Website (in case the university wants you to submit a separate application).
- Request a minimum of two of your ex-professors to make a recommendation for you via a recommendation letter. A good recommendation letter is meant to reinforce your application.
- Having an acceptance letter from the professor of your desired university is not mandatory. But getting one may increase your chances of getting the scholarship. It just shows that the professors of your desired program regard you as an appropriate candidate and that they will be happy to take you up as a student.
- Documents like a motivational letter, study plan, SOP, or a research proposal can make a huge difference. At least one of the above documents is required at all levels. Make sure that you prepare these documents with extra diligence.
- The language proficiency scores of IELTS or TOEFL are very important as well. Ask your previous degree institution to give you a certificate indicating that your previous degree was taught in English. Submit that certificate along with the scores of IELTS. This will strengthen your application.
- Once you get the scholarship, consult the Chinese Embassy to grant you a Student Visa for studying in China. After getting the visa, you will be ready to embark on your educational journey in China.