Last Updated on August 12, 2023 by Oluwajuwon Alvina
If you have always wanted to attend school and you are interested in achieving your educational goals, you are in the right place. If you have dreamed of achieving your educational goals and have been searching for more information, then keep reading.
Read on to get the best and latest information about university of bath acceptance rate, university of bath ranking, university of bath admission requirements, university of bath international students and university of bristol acceptance rate. You will also find related posts on university of bath acceptance rate on koboguide.
Established in 1966, University of Bath is situated in Claverton Down, Bath, England. It is one of the top 10 universities in the UK renowned for its research and excellent teaching. The University offers admissions to both undergraduate and graduate programs in engineering, humanities, management, science and social science. Around 18,868 students are enrolled at the University of Bath comprising 13,618 undergraduates and 5,249 graduates. Out of which 47% are male and 53% female. Over 30% of students come from outside of the UK representing 130 nationalities.
The demand and popularity of courses offered by the university vary from year to year. Therefore, it is not possible to determine how many students will apply each year while the seats for each program are limited. The University of Bath has a competitive admission policy. Each year, the university invites applications for 3,600 places. For enrolling in 2021, students must note that the number of applicants holding deferred places from 2020 is higher than the recent years.
Some points to be kept in mind for seeking admission to University of Bath are as follows:
- International applicants follow the same application process as all other applicants.
- Applicants are recommended to apply between September 5 and January 15 as the places in the chosen program are not guaranteed beyond January 15.
- All international applicants should provide proof of English skills to meet the Home Office standards to get a Tier 4 Visa for studying in the UK.
- Students who are required to improve their English skills before joining the University must book a pre-sessional English language course.
- Applicants can seek help while completing their application from the university’s representative in their country.
- Interviews may be required for admission to some programs.
- An authorized translation of the degree certificate and transcript is required if they are not in English.
|Application Portal||Common application portal on UCAS website|
|Application Fee||UG: 20 GBP for a single course; 26 GBP for a multiple course|
PG: 60 GBP
|Work Experience||Required for graduate programs|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Grants and Loan|
University of Bath Admission Deadlines
Undergraduate applicants can apply for admissions through UCAS.
|UCAS application opens||May 21, 2020|
|Application deadline||January 15 (extended to January 29, 2021 in view of COVID-19)|
|UCAS Extras open||February 11, 2021|
|Deadline for replying to offer letter||June 10, 2021|
|Late application deadline||June 30, 2021|
|Last date to apply UCAS open||July 4, 2021|
Note: Applicants are advised to cross-check the deadlines from the official website before applying.
Applications for most graduate programs must be submitted by June 30.
University of Bath International Student Admissions
International applicants seeking to study in UK when applying for admission to the University of Bath must submit applications through UCAS.
Application Portal: UCAS Portal
Application Fee: 20 GBP for single course and 26 GBP for multiple courses
Basic Admission Requirements: International applicants must fulfill the following criteria for admission:
- Qualified Level 3 which includes A levels, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Highers, Access to Higher Education or its equivalent.
- Qualified at Level 4 which includes BTEC Professional Diplomas, Certificates and Awards, NVQs at Level 4, Key Skills Level 4 and Certificates of Higher Education or equivalent.
Candidates with higher degree qualifications can also apply for an undergraduate course. However, this may have implications for funding and visa.
The applications will have to submit some documents along with the application. These include:
- A letter of recommendation for some programs.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- A curriculum vitae that would encompass all updated information will be necessary in case of a few programs.
- Documents containing academic qualifications from secondary education onwards.
- A personal statement stating the reason to study the course and why you consider yourself a competitive choice.
- Copy of passport
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants whose native language is not English must provide proof of proficiency in English. The minimum requirements may vary depending upon the choice of program.
Following is the list of minimum requirements for Category A, B and C courses:
|Test||Minimum Requirements for Category A||Minimum Requirements for Category B||Minimum Requirements for Category C|
|IELTS||Overall 7.0 with no less than 7.0 in each components||Overall 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in all components||Overall 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in all components|
|TOEFL IBT||100 overall with a minimum 27 in each components||100 overall with a minimum 24 in all 4 components||90 overall with a minimum 21 in each components|
|Duolingo||120 overall||120 overall||110 overall|
The institute also provides pre-sessional English language courses. The courses take place during the summer before the first semester.
Visa Process for International Students
Applicants who wish to enroll in a degree level program or above, must apply for a General Tier 4 visa. Since the time for processing visa application tends to be lengthy, one must always ensure that one applies for a visa with plenty of time available in hand.
Application Fee: 348 GBP
Some of the common documents that the aspirants will be required to submit while applying for a visa:
- A current passport or other valid travel documentation
- Proof of a stable financial condition showing that the candidate can pay for the course – this will vary depending on the circumstances
- Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent and relationship with parent or guardian if the candidate is under 18.
- Tuberculosis test results (Applicable to countries where it is needed)
Note: Additional documents may be required depending on circumstances.
University of Bath Undergraduate Admissions
Applicants can choose from over 190 undergraduate degrees offered by University of Bath. The University provides undergraduate degrees in management, science, engineering, social science, humanities, etc. Applicant’s academic profile, personal statement, quality and content of references, commitment and attitude are the top things that the admissions team looks for while evaluating applications.
Where to Apply: UCAS Portal
Single course: 20 GBP
Multiple courses/late application fee after June 30: 26 GBP
Admission Requirements: The following requirements must be fulfilled for admission to undergraduate programs:
- Complete academic details of secondary education qualifications.
- Applicants must complete one of the following qualifications:
- Qualified Level 3 education or its equivalent (A levels, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Highers, Access to Higher Education); or
- Qualified Level 4 education or its equivalent (BTEC Professional Diplomas, Certificates and Awards, NVQs at Level 4, Key Skills Level 4 and Certificates of Higher Education)
- Personal Statement
- Written recommendation from a teacher, advisor or professional contact who knows the applicant academically.
- Employment history
- Interview, if required
- Proof of English language proficiency (for international students)
University of Bath Graduate Admissions
University of Bath offers around 130 graduate programs to approximately 5,129 students in the field of Business, Management, Data Science, Engineering, Marketing, Software System, etc. Applicants will have to furnish some details on the application and documents to support the information stated.
Where to Apply: Visit the respective course page to apply for a particular program.
Application Fee: 60 GBP
Admission Requirements: Some of the supporting documents required for the above mentioned details are listed below:
- Personal and educational details
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Name and contact details of an academic referee from the current or most recent place of study(if available).
- Date from which the aspirants will start the classes.
- Statement of purpose
- A scanned undergraduate degree certificate or postgraduate degree certificate(if available)
- A scanned final degree transcript or most recent transcript if the aspirant is still studying.
- An up-to-date resume
- Passport details for a Tier 4 visa
Note: The degree certificate and transcript of the applicants must be in English or must have an authorised translation if they are not in English.
Tabulated below are the necessary requirements for some graduate programs:
|Requirements||MBA||M. Sc. in Marketing||M. Sc. in Data Science||M. Sc. in Software Systems||M. Sc. in Civil Engineering|
|Academic Qualifications||Undergraduate degree with 2:1 or its international equivalent of 60%||A relevant undergraduate degree with 2:1 or its international equivalent of 60%||First class or a strong second class bachelor’s honors degree or international equivalent preferably in Computer Science with strong focus on Mathematics.||First or a strong second class bachelor’s honors degree or international equivalent||2:1 bachelor’s honors degree or its equivalent preferably in civil engineering, structural engineering, building engineering, architectural engineering, architecture with focus on technical content.|
|References||Required, 3 refereed||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|Personal Statement||Required||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|GMAT/ GRE scores||Required, minimum GMAT score of 600||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|Work Experience||Required, at least 3 years||At most 3 years of experience may be used to substitute degree requirements in some cases.||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|Resume||Required||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|English language proficiency test scores||IELTS: 7.0|
|IELTS: 7.0||IELTS: 6.5|
TOEFL iBT: 90
TOEFL iBT: 90
TOEFL iBT: 90
Acquiring the opportunity to study at University of Bath would indeed prove to be absolutely life-altering experience. The University has a competitive admission process for most of its programs and meeting the academic requirements does not guarantee admission. Applicants are recommended to submit the applications 3 months prior to the course start date. It may take upto 4-5 weeks for the successful processing of the application and visa process. Students can check the status of their applications through UCAS Track or Application Tracker using the username and password that the university provides.